Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   quit without job (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3521-quit-without-job.html)

floralpeace 29-01-2014 11:37 AM

quit without job

will it affect the resume?
resigned on good note but moving on..

Unregistered 29-01-2014 12:41 PM

short term is ok. say u went holiday. long term employment will raise eyebrows.

floralpeace 29-01-2014 01:25 PM

Im actually looking for roles specific to what I was doing. Does this means that if cannot find I shud just take anythg to make my gap short? Or would it better to find temporary placement?

Unregistered 04-02-2014 12:46 PM

I was abruptly pushed out of my company in december 2013. Was asked to resigned. Just because I accidentally outsmart my manager a few times in meetings with directors. My manager was very jealous and he made life difficult for me and made me almost go crazy under stress, and at last I was forced to resign.

I thought about complaining, but complain also no choice, I am only a junior exec, who will listen to me?

I have been jobless for 2 months already.

Have tried applying for many jobs, til now no response yet.

aspenx 04-02-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralpeace (Post 47740)
will it affect the resume?
resigned on good note but moving on..

IMO, as long as you have a strong reason to back your decision when you are called up for interviews with the next prospective employer, it should be okay.

You might want to search the forums a little better. This issue has been addressed quite comprehensively by some other posters.

Unregistered 04-02-2014 01:50 PM

Hi I'm TS...My situation is similar to the above. I was with 3 managers (MNC) and 1 of them got jealous and started sowing discord, playing dirty tricks like sabotage, so I resigned without waiting bonus.
Im just quite worried if I want my current role might need wait few months....

Thanks to abv pointer, as Im new to this forum I did not search extensively, oni find first few page.

Unregistered 04-02-2014 01:54 PM

hellooooooooooo

Hi I'm TS...My situation is similar to the above. I was working under 3 managers (MNC) under a biz unit and 1 of them got jealous and started sowing discord, playing dirty tricks like constant sabotage, lashing out over nothing, snide remarks, so I resigned without waiting bonus.

Thanks to abv pointer, as Im new to this forum I did not search extensively, oni find first few page. Pardon me.

Right now looking out for jobs and serving notice period. Is there temp job esp for grads?

aspenx 04-02-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47871)
Hi I'm TS...My situation is similar to the above. I was working under 3 managers (MNC) under a biz unit and 1 of them got jealous and started sowing discord, playing dirty tricks like constant sabotage, lashing out over nothing, snide remarks, so I resigned without waiting bonus.

Thanks to abv pointer, as Im new to this forum I did not search extensively, oni find first few page. Pardon me.

Right now looking out for jobs and serving notice period. Is there temp job esp for grads?

How long were you employed there? You are not exactly resigning on a good note then?

You will need a pretty good reason to back you up if the employment wasn't long. There is also a danger with background checks (my present company actually called up my ex-bosses while I was serving the notice and asked for them to fill up detailed survey forms etc WITHOUT letting me know first that they would be doing such things!) seeing that you are not on good terms with one of the managers. You may want to get into his/her good books now but of course there's no guarantee. Otherwise, try to leave that certain manager out of the picture when you present yourself to the next employer (you have 2 other managers to vouch for you right?). I was lucky my references were nice enough even though I left on a not-so-great note.

As for temp jobs, it really depends on what you're looking for and what you can offer doesn't it?

Unregistered 04-02-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspenx (Post 47872)
How long were you employed there? You are not exactly resigning on a good note then?

You will need a pretty good reason to back you up if the employment wasn't long. There is also a danger with background checks (my present company actually called up my ex-bosses while I was serving the notice and asked for them to fill up detailed survey forms etc WITHOUT letting me know first that they would be doing such things!) seeing that you are not on good terms with one of the managers. You may want to get into his/her good books now but of course there's no guarantee. Otherwise, try to leave that certain manager out of the picture when you present yourself to the next employer (you have 2 other managers to vouch for you right?). I was lucky my references were nice enough even though I left on a not-so-great note.

As for temp jobs, it really depends on what you're looking for and what you can offer doesn't it?

Hi Aspen,

U oso left coz of politics? Im serving 11th month.......shud have waited out 1 more month :'(
If you didnt put their name, they would not know to call them right? I mean the coy so big cant be call in find an employee's managers. I hope to exclude that manager oni, the rest of the manager Im putting it.
BTW background checks is done by which sector? govt? big MNC? small MNC? SME?
Quite unfair that manager can do that sort of inethical thgs.

aspenx 07-02-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47877)
Hi Aspen,

U oso left coz of politics? Im serving 11th month.......shud have waited out 1 more month :'(
If you didnt put their name, they would not know to call them right? I mean the coy so big cant be call in find an employee's managers. I hope to exclude that manager oni, the rest of the manager Im putting it.
BTW background checks is done by which sector? govt? big MNC? small MNC? SME?
Quite unfair that manager can do that sort of inethical thgs.

I didn't leave because of politics per se.

That previous company was small and I reported to the directors. They know me quite well and I trust them to be professional enough in their dealings so I had no qualms about putting them down as references (previous company was one of the potential vendors for the new company so it might have helped too).

The blatant background check was done by a local listed company. Not very nice especially since it was done before informing in advance but it is actually legal.

Good luck.