Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 13-01-2022 11:28 PM

Hi all, im doing kyc in a local bank and coming to the end of my 1 year contract in about 3 months time

Can I know how much can i expect with 1 year exp if i apply for other banks? Possible to get a flat 4k offer with just 1 year exp?

Unregistered 14-01-2022 03:32 PM

Had 1 year of work experience in AML advisory.. and has gotten ACAMS.. however I realise my company do not value the cert at all… may I know is ACAMS cert useful? Does it helps with pay increment/progression in any particular firm?

sinkingfeeling 15-01-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197507)
Hi all, im doing kyc in a local bank and coming to the end of my 1 year contract in about 3 months time

Can I know how much can i expect with 1 year exp if i apply for other banks? Possible to get a flat 4k offer with just 1 year exp?

You got uptron degree? :(

Unregistered 17-01-2022 09:01 PM

Hey guys, looking for some help with expected salary.

Im at a final round of interviews with HR for an avp position at a local firm. I have 5 years of experience and my current salary is 5.5k, would it be reasonable if I were to ask for 6.5-7k expected salary for the position?

I came to that number as it seems I would have to give up my increment and bonus this year if I were to accept this role.

Hoping to get some expertise on this. Thanks!

Unregistered 17-01-2022 09:02 PM

Hey guys, looking for some help with expected salary. I have also posted this in the other bank thread.

Im at a final round of interviews with HR for an avp position at a local firm. I have 5 years of experience and my current salary is 5.5k, would it be reasonable if I were to ask for 6.5-7k expected salary for the position?

I came to that number as it seems I would have to give up my increment and bonus this year if I were to accept this role. Just confused with the current market rates

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197457)
I take it you're in the low 3k figures as an associate? The increment to senior associate is over 30% so why not wait for that before you jump?

Shd gain some assignments aka assignments while u get that senior Assoc as suggested to nego for higher pay jump. Think further ahead

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197599)
Had 1 year of work experience in AML advisory.. and has gotten ACAMS.. however I realise my company do not value the cert at all… may I know is ACAMS cert useful? Does it helps with pay increment/progression in any particular firm?

Not really. Always good to have but not must have. More valued at us firms but u won’t get paid more becoz u have a cams

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198131)
Hey guys, looking for some help with expected salary.

I came to that number as it seems I would have to give up my increment and bonus this year if I were to accept this role.

Seems like a reasonable number. Nego from your current expected overall package and work out an increment from there. If it’s local firm they may suppress u with expected bonuses but depends on your preference really as bonuses are always not gte

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197507)

Of course possible but depends on what you are currently drawing. If foreign banks I say 4.5 and more is not implausible.

Unregistered 08-02-2022 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198169)
Not really. Always good to have but not must have. More valued at us firms but u won’t get paid more becoz u have a cams

CAMS is not more / less valued at foreign / local banks. Its the most recognized certification in the field, everyone recognizes it equally.