Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS BANK Interview replies (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3211-dbs-bank-interview-replies.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64242)
Hey, i recently received a call from DBS HR informing me that i have been selected for a Job. She said that i will have have a take a personality test first and if i pass that i will be moving forward to the interview stage. May i know how long does it take for HR to email me regarding the personality test?

I heard that it's typically one week. I received a call to take the online assessment as well.

Unregistered 26-03-2015 11:02 AM

Hi,
Anyone got offers for GA retail banking sales yet? How long do they normally take to offer? ytd the hr told me that it will take 1 week.

Unregistered 27-03-2015 03:17 PM

GA program

typically what happens is this (after you attended an interview). They can actually come to a decision pretty fast and these are the possible scenarios:

1. they really want you, so they will inform you within the next few days that you have been proceeded to the next stage, or if you're done with the final stage they would offer you ASAP. They are actually having difficulty filling the numbers due to lack of quality? quantity? of candidates.

2. they aren't very sure about you, so they will KIV for a while

3. if they know they definitely don't want you, they will send you a rejection email within one week.

So if you haven't heard from them, well at least you aren't rejected yet. good luck guys!

marc 08-04-2015 06:26 PM

GA Retail Banking (Sales)

Hi guys, my panel interview for this is next Monday.

Has anyone also attended the panel interview for the retail banking programme? Also how did you find the interview?

Unregistered 20-05-2015 04:02 PM

Applied for sales role (retail). Went for first interview and they called me back the next day telling me to go for the second one the next day. It's been almost a week but haven't heard from them since. :(

Unregistered 20-05-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc (Post 65219)
Hi guys, my panel interview for this is next Monday.

Has anyone also attended the panel interview for the retail banking programme? Also how did you find the interview?

How was it? Did they offer you? I'm done with my second interview last week and hoping that they will call me soon:(

Unregistered 12-07-2015 12:05 AM

Don't even bother to apply to DBS even if they pay pretty well compared to other local banks.
Seriously. If they haven't replied to you within a month, then chances are you are not shortlisted. Just take up other job offers.

However, even if you are shortlisted, don't rejoice.
My friend was hired 1 week after his interview with them, and subsequently, he was asked to him after his probation period.
A lot are asked to leave due to over staffing cause they get many applicants and can easily do that to you.
So why are you waiting for this job? Good luck elsewhere.
Don't end up like my friend.. rejecting another bank to join this place due to higher pay and ended up being treated like a fool.....

Unregistered 14-07-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69809)
Don't even bother to apply to DBS even if they pay pretty well compared to other local banks.
Seriously. If they haven't replied to you within a month, then chances are you are not shortlisted. Just take up other job offers.

However, even if you are shortlisted, don't rejoice.
My friend was hired 1 week after his interview with them, and subsequently, he was asked to him after his probation period.
A lot are asked to leave due to over staffing cause they get many applicants and can easily do that to you.
So why are you waiting for this job? Good luck elsewhere.
Don't end up like my friend.. rejecting another bank to join this place due to higher pay and ended up being treated like a fool.....

Highly sceptical of the authenticity of such anecdotal recounts..

I doubt DBS would include a clause in the contract which allows them to unreasonably, and perhaps unjustifiably, terminate the probation employee's employment.

Unregistered 08-10-2015 11:58 PM

can anyone please tell me the exact application process for the graduate training programmes?
like how many interviews and any assessment centre after online test? thank you

Unregistered 09-10-2015 09:31 AM

Dbs hr dropped me an email to ask for character reference. Anyone has any idea how this works? Like do they call or email your previous employer? What kinds qns they would ask?