Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS BANK Interview replies (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3211-dbs-bank-interview-replies.html)

supergirl91 11-10-2013 10:01 PM

DBS BANK Interview replies

hi does anyone know roughly how long does DBS get back to you regarding a job offer after an interview? Or do they not get back to you if you do not make the cut.

How long has anyone waited for to get a successful job offer? Is a month too long to wait for a good news?

Thanks.

Unregistered 11-10-2013 11:08 PM

they will not get back to you if not selected.

Unregistered 12-10-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergirl91 (Post 43746)
hi does anyone know roughly how long does DBS get back to you regarding a job offer after an interview? Or do they not get back to you if you do not make the cut.

How long has anyone waited for to get a successful job offer? Is a month too long to wait for a good news?

Thanks.

Nope, a month isn't too long.
Give it another month.

Unregistered 15-10-2013 04:38 AM

It depends whether this position needs to be urgently filled. 3 weeks the longest perhaps? What role did u applied for?

Unregistered 24-10-2013 03:03 PM

I'd been waiting for dbs for almost 3 weeks, about a week ago I called them up but replying still interviewing other candidates. I hate being dragged... Tell me what should I do

lordlad 24-10-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44383)
I'd been waiting for dbs for almost 3 weeks, about a week ago I called them up but replying still interviewing other candidates. I hate being dragged... Tell me what should I do

u r apply with them for a job.......the decision making is with them, not you......

Unregistered 24-10-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44383)

did u apply with other banks?

alot of applicants for dbs so they can afford to choose. but their pay is actually one of the lowest among all the banks.

Unregistered 25-10-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordlad (Post 44384)
u r apply with them for a job.......the decision making is with them, not you......

If they decide not to choose me they should tell it on my face when I called them up last time.

Unregistered 25-10-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44431)
If they decide not to choose me they should tell it on my face when I called them up last time.

maybe they did shortlist you but they are putting you as back up, meaning if a few before you reject, then they will take you. local banks wise, uob and ocbc has better remuneration than dbs.

Unregistered 27-10-2013 01:07 PM

Are you sure? DBS pays better than OCBC and UOB among the local banks.

I'm from OCBC/UOB

Unregistered 27-10-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44488)

I'm from OCBC/UOB

if u take workload and actual working hours into account, the value per work per hour is actually the same, give and take a few dollars.

Unregistered 28-10-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44488)

I'm from OCBC/UOB

yes im sure cos i hv worked in all 3 banks before and dbs pay is the least attractive. and do share how you are able to be employed by 2 banks at the same time.

Unregistered 29-10-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44501)
yes im sure cos i hv worked in all 3 banks before and dbs pay is the least attractive. and do share how you are able to be employed by 2 banks at the same time.

Duh. Obviously I wasn't referring to 2 at the same time.

Unregistered 30-10-2013 12:36 AM

so how much is dbs paying for their associate/financial consultants? being the larger bank in sg, i would generally think their rate shld be quite decent though.

Unregistered 30-10-2013 06:11 AM

Yah dbs abit stingy with pay

Unregistered 01-11-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44432)
maybe they did shortlist you but they are putting you as back up, meaning if a few before you reject, then they will take you. local banks wise, uob and ocbc has better remuneration than dbs.

Thanks for your advice I hope they'll call me soon I really need a job now. Yesterday I went interview with HSBC and I find the interviewee lady humiliated me, first she was late more than half an hour (I'm ok when she said sorry) but what really humiliating when I was presenting myself she keep on playing her phone and no eye contact during the process. I was the one who keep on questioning to her but her response is not in detail. Alas only less than 5 minutes she told me I'll be notify within 1 working week, no news then I'm not hired. When I left I still feel humiliated and really wanna breakdown, never in my life I met this kind of interviewee before, I felt like we both wasting time on that session. Suddenly I called the HR and voice out what really happen during the session, I know this move is killing my chance to get the job but what I can't stand is the humiliation that I had. I just want to share this because sometimes you meet people that can ruin your life in a day and you need to let that person know that you are not a nobody that can be bullied... And you move on with your life.

Unregistered 06-11-2013 10:35 AM

anyone receive any news for their graduate associate program yet? been 2 weeks after online test :/

Unregistered 08-11-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44973)
anyone receive any news for their graduate associate program yet? been 2 weeks after online test :/

DBS GA? asked to do online test 2 weeks + ago. 3 days after test submission was asked to do a video interview. 1 week + later was informed of being shortlisted for panel interview.

Unregistered 08-11-2013 08:54 PM

May I asked which GA prog did you apply for? :) I applied for retail banking...

Unregistered 08-11-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45059)
May I asked which GA prog did you apply for? :) I applied for retail banking...

mine's Ops and Tech. Diff department so maybe not relevant heh

Unregistered 09-11-2013 03:36 AM

I applied ops and tech too, no replies for me though. Is it convenient to share when you did the video interview and when you got your invitation for panel interview?

Unregistered 09-11-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44760)
Thanks for your advice I hope they'll call me soon I really need a job now. Yesterday I went interview with HSBC and I find the interviewee lady humiliated me, first she was late more than half an hour (I'm ok when she said sorry) but what really humiliating when I was presenting myself she keep on playing her phone and no eye contact during the process. I was the one who keep on questioning to her but her response is not in detail. Alas only less than 5 minutes she told me I'll be notify within 1 working week, no news then I'm not hired. When I left I still feel humiliated and really wanna breakdown, never in my life I met this kind of interviewee before, I felt like we both wasting time on that session. Suddenly I called the HR and voice out what really happen during the session, I know this move is killing my chance to get the job but what I can't stand is the humiliation that I had. I just want to share this because sometimes you meet people that can ruin your life in a day and you need to let that person know that you are not a nobody that can be bullied... And you move on with your life.

you will meet more shitty people at work. seriously, you should have just handle it professionally, at least theres a chance to be offered and you can still reject if you really dun like it.
anyway what did the HR reply you?

Unregistered 10-11-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45067)
I applied ops and tech too, no replies for me though. Is it convenient to share when you did the video interview and when you got your invitation for panel interview?

I posted the timeline in post #18, you can count backwards from there! Super worried for the panel interview TBH, have no idea what will be asked...

Unregistered 10-11-2013 10:21 PM

if its HR, its behavioural questions. If its hiring manager, its probably to access the fit of the job. good luck :D

Unregistered 12-11-2013 06:47 PM

Just went for the interview. Was interviewed by 2 person, one HR manager and one hiring manager. Almost 100% of the question was fit question. Took 1hr. The interview process started on the 8th and will end on the 14th. Heard from the HR exec liasing with me that this interview is the final stage and the offer will start going out end of the week- start of next week.

I think I did ok for the interview but seems like my answer ain't what they are looking for. Think need to start looking for another job opening already

Unregistered 13-11-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45177)
Just went for the interview. Was interviewed by 2 person, one HR manager and one hiring manager. Almost 100% of the question was fit question. Took 1hr. The interview process started on the 8th and will end on the 14th. Heard from the HR exec liasing with me that this interview is the final stage and the offer will start going out end of the week- start of next week.

I think I did ok for the interview but seems like my answer ain't what they are looking for. Think need to start looking for another job opening already

Why do you think your answer ain't what they are looking for? How did you infer that? From their expressions?

I went for the interview on 11th. There was one more hiring manager on top of what you have said. I was also asked technical questions besides the fit questions. It was nerve-wrecking!

How about others who went for the interview too?

Unregistered 13-11-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45194)
Why do you think your answer ain't what they are looking for? How did you infer that? From their expressions?

I went for the interview on 11th. There was one more hiring manager on top of what you have said. I was also asked technical questions besides the fit questions. It was nerve-wrecking!

How about others who went for the interview too?

From the conversation we had when I asked my questions. They were talking about finding the correct fit and the HR manager indirectly hinted that I am not the correct fit.

Were you applying for Tech position? Mine was Ops so I guess that's why it was purely fit questions and had 1 less hiring manager. Almost all about leadership style. Quite nerve wrecking for me too but my HR exec was very friendly and help reassured me haha

Unregistered 13-11-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45206)
From the conversation we had when I asked my questions. They were talking about finding the correct fit and the HR manager indirectly hinted that I am not the correct fit.

Were you applying for Tech position? Mine was Ops so I guess that's why it was purely fit questions and had 1 less hiring manager. Almost all about leadership style. Quite nerve wrecking for me too but my HR exec was very friendly and help reassured me haha

Yes mine was Tech position. Which day did u have your interview? I wonder how many ops and tech candidates there are for each function. So do you know if they will send rejection email if not selected?

Unregistered 13-11-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45211)
Yes mine was Tech position. Which day did u have your interview? I wonder how many ops and tech candidates there are for each function. So do you know if they will send rejection email if not selected?

Mine was yesterday. Yeah I wonder how many they are selecting too. didn't seem like they are interviewing a lot to begin with. The interviews only last for 5 days and they seem do be going at the rate of 1 per hour (didn't see any other candidate waiting there together with me). Maybe this isn't the only round and they are staggering the hires.

Not sure about the email but I am guessing they probably will send out rejection email. Usually when you get to the final interview stage most company will reject you outright instead of just ignoring you.

Unregistered 13-11-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45225)
Mine was yesterday. Yeah I wonder how many they are selecting too. didn't seem like they are interviewing a lot to begin with. The interviews only last for 5 days and they seem do be going at the rate of 1 per hour (didn't see any other candidate waiting there together with me). Maybe this isn't the only round and they are staggering the hires.

Not sure about the email but I am guessing they probably will send out rejection email. Usually when you get to the final interview stage most company will reject you outright instead of just ignoring you.

Is there a contact/email I can pm you? Easier and faster to tell you what I know and vice versa

Unregistered 14-11-2013 02:33 AM

anyone else went for final panel interview for dbs ops&tech graduation programme?

Unregistered 14-11-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45177)

I went for the interview on the 8th. Applied for GA in retail banking management. Oh there is no 2nd interview? I didn't have any video interview as mentioned by one of the GA applicant. I think I did ok for the interview but I screwed up the role play. :'(

Unregistered 14-11-2013 04:41 PM

wow cool, there was role playing? could you share with us what the role playing was like?

Unregistered 14-11-2013 04:50 PM

yah lor, can share youre interview experience too? what kind of question did they ask? don't give up! If I am not wrong, GA for retail banking should be sales right? not management track. So don't give up! maybe they are just testing your patience? hehe :D

Unregistered 14-11-2013 11:17 PM

wingzem was

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45244)
wow cool, there was role playing? could you share with us what the role playing was like?

The role was related to customer service as I thought it would be. There's sales and management positions for GA retail banking.There were probably around 10 interview questions, very general kind of questions you could expect in an interview..

Keke sorry cannot reveal so much in case my interviewers happen to chance upon my post and they will prolly know who I am :D

LMclear his 15-11-2013 10:57 AM

I didnt have the role play though. guess it depends on the randomness of the interviewers.

anyone knows regarding the starting pay for its sales role? Im awaiting their offer call if nt I go with uob alrdy.

Unregistered 15-11-2013 11:53 AM

Went for interview this morning, haah they will only offer in 2 weeks time! had a very positive experience with the HRs!

Unregistered 15-11-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45273)
Went for interview this morning, haah they will only offer in 2 weeks time! had a very positive experience with the HRs!

What position did you apply for?

Unregistered 15-11-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMclear his (Post 45271)
I didnt have the role play though. guess it depends on the randomness of the interviewers.

anyone knows regarding the starting pay for its sales role? Im awaiting their offer call if nt I go with uob alrdy.

May I know which position did you apply with UOB? I only went for the interview at DBS but have yet to receive replies from UOB and OCBC..it has been about 4 weeks since I submitted my application

Unregistered 15-11-2013 03:29 PM

anyone else went for their GA in retail banking last week?

til date i have only received their credit report request after the roleplay cum interview, no offers yet.

Just wanna check has any one here submited thier credit report and got offered already?

This wait is troubling me at the moment. I currently have 1 contract job offer at hand(due date soon) and Im not sure what to do..

Regards, Sue