Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career prospect/advancement for Banking sales roles vs Banking "back end" roles (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2747-career-prospect-advancement-banking-sales-roles-vs-banking-back-end-roles.html)

Unregistered 20-10-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44064)
but nobody respect you.

respect cannot be eaten. I see my $$$ and bmw enough already.

Unregistered 15-11-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43688)
Would like to know how operations staff salaries compare against Bank IT. Which pays more for the same level?

Hi, pls advise those who have ops exp in banks.

Unregistered 07-12-2013 01:12 PM

Does anyone know whether can a GCE 'O' qualify for any of the sales role in the banks mentioned in this thread?

Unregistered 07-12-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46092)
Does anyone know whether can a GCE 'O' qualify for any of the sales role in the banks mentioned in this thread?

chances are very low as the banks have hordes of pretty and smart SMU/NUS/NTU fresh graduates to choose from.

Unregistered 07-12-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46100)
chances are very low as the banks have hordes of pretty and smart SMU/NUS/NTU fresh graduates to choose from.

yea true...i just started work recently, to my surprise, all batchmates were degree holders.

Unregistered 08-12-2013 01:29 AM

Hi there!
Just want to ask, is there a chance for busines diploma holder to get a sales position in banks? Or is it only degree holders that are able to get the position?

Thanks!

Unregistered 08-12-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46108)
Hi there!
Just want to ask, is there a chance for busines diploma holder to get a sales position in banks? Or is it only degree holders that are able to get the position?

Thanks!

yes possible but you need relevant working experiences. the ones i know most hv at least 1 yr plus to 2 yrs of banking experience. but not much, about 1 out of 10?

Unregistered 08-12-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46108)
Hi there!

Thanks!

of course theres a chance.

Unregistered 15-12-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44106)
i read from somewhere that this SCB new business manager, the basic pay is only $1800??
sianz....who to believe...like someone said here, this forum alot of anonymous ppl post fake info....dunno can believe anot

New Biz Manager is the hunter for for new client and passing on to the proper sale team to maintain banking relationship.

Typically the low end of SME Bankimg so typically need not very good paper qualification.

As such $1800 for diploma is decent some could have commm per month up to 10K if they are good. Some very low.

But it is tough as the sale is from new business, you are not unable to generate recurring substainable revenue from client again as you are only the HUNTER.

Unregistered 16-03-2014 10:41 PM

hi guys, can anyone advise if one do not wanna do banking sales anymore (say before 30yo), where can he/she move to?