Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career prospect/advancement for Banking sales roles vs Banking "back end" roles (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2747-career-prospect-advancement-banking-sales-roles-vs-banking-back-end-roles.html)

Unregistered 17-10-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43962)
saw this on SCB website. what does it mean?
About Us - Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

"The Bank transferred its Singapore Consumer Banking retail and SME banking business to a locally-incorporated subsidiary, Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited, on 7 October 2013."

QFB with substantial deposit base in Singapore is required by MAS to incorporate in Singapore

Unregistered 17-10-2013 05:33 PM

Hi... i have a question regarding salary of a sales trader. How much can a stock sales trader expect to get with 7 years of working experience (3 years as a sales trader)? I'm not talking about the top companies like merrill lynch, but a decent bank or financial company. thanks for the help :)

Unregistered 17-10-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43965)
Hi... i have a question regarding salary of a sales trader. How much can a stock sales trader expect to get with 7 years of working experience (3 years as a sales trader)? I'm not talking about the top companies like merrill lynch, but a decent bank or financial company. thanks for the help :)

Around 300-350k annual inclusive of variable

Unregistered 17-10-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43969)
Around 300-350k annual inclusive of variable

nice, thank you :)

Unregistered 17-10-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43988)
nice, thank you :)

Lol dun believe everything u read online, somemore over here anyone can post

Unregistered 18-10-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43992)
Lol dun believe everything u read online, somemore over here anyone can post

False, I am also a trader myself working for no other than Goldman Sachs, graduated from harvard with summa cum laude, achieved MD by the age of 27, and am now receiving 1.5M base salary.

Unregistered 18-10-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43998)
False, I am also a trader myself working for no other than Goldman Sachs, graduated from harvard with summa cum laude, achieved MD by the age of 27, and am now receiving 1.5M base salary.

Still so little. I am a nuskin MLM blue diamond distributor, 26, started doing nuskin when graduated. Hit blue diamond status in 2 years, my passive income ~ US$500K every 3 months, annual US$20M. I no need to work, just once in a while attend those motivational MLM meetings to share my story and success. Free and easy lifestyle with plenty of $$.

Unregistered 19-10-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44004)
Still so little. I am a nuskin MLM blue diamond distributor, 26, started doing nuskin when graduated. Hit blue diamond status in 2 years, my passive income ~ US$500K every 3 months, annual US$20M. I no need to work, just once in a while attend those motivational MLM meetings to share my story and success. Free and easy lifestyle with plenty of $$.

but nobody respect you.

Unregistered 20-10-2013 01:16 PM

every rvirdo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43965)

Dude, forget about whatever you've read after you posted the above.

What's your idea of a "decent bank or financial company"? If it's not a bank, I would say under 100k most likely. It depends on your pitch as well, the book of clients you can bring over.

Just apply 20% increment to your last drawn..

Unregistered 20-10-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43923)
Is New Business Manager (SME Banking) under Standard Chartered Bank a pure hunter role?

anyone knows the remuneration?

thought their hunters were called Business Financial Managers.....

btw whats the diff between SCB and Price Solutions Pte Ltd?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43938)
Yes pure hunter. Business Financial Manager name too long so cut short to business mgr easier. Pay for entry level most basic freshie ~2.5k + quarterly comm which can be up to 10K +. Senior team leads 8-9k + big quarterly comms.

Price Solutions is a 3rd party outsourced to handle some sales/marketing, they are not considered employed by SCB. Better to join SCB then some third party sales co.

i read from somewhere that this SCB new business manager, the basic pay is only $1800??
sianz....who to believe...like someone said here, this forum alot of anonymous ppl post fake info....dunno can believe anot