Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

LongWait 13-04-2016 05:54 PM

My experience so far

Hey everyone, just thought i would do some sharing on the process that i have personally gone through so far.

Applied for the role of Operation Technician on 18th Nov 2015 before FINALLY getting an invitation for an interview via email and phonecall from BKK HR on 12th Feb 2016 (close to 4 months later). Attended the interview on 24th Feb 2016 as the last candidate for the day and was asked to take the Mechanical computerized test. Was told that results would be released 2weeks later but as we all know, it has been a very looooooooooonnnng wait.

Fast forward to 48 agonizing days later after the interview, finally received Medical Check Up Instructions via email on 12th April 2016. Have booked my appointment and will have to continue waiting for results to be out and for EM to conclude their reference checks etc.

Everyone who is going through the same thing and feeling frustrated, please continue to hang in there and have patience. Only give up if they email you a rejection letter. Best of luck guys, hope this helps!

Unregistered 13-04-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongWait (Post 83525)
Hey everyone, just thought i would do some sharing on the process that i have personally gone through so far.

Applied for the role of Operation Technician on 18th Nov 2015 before FINALLY getting an invitation for an interview via email and phonecall from BKK HR on 12th Feb 2016 (close to 4 months later). Attended the interview on 24th Feb 2016 as the last candidate for the day and was asked to take the Mechanical computerized test. Was told that results would be released 2weeks later but as we all know, it has been a very looooooooooonnnng wait.

Fast forward to 48 agonizing days later after the interview, finally received Medical Check Up Instructions via email on 12th April 2016. Have booked my appointment and will have to continue waiting for results to be out and for EM to conclude their reference checks etc.

Everyone who is going through the same thing and feeling frustrated, please continue to hang in there and have patience. Only give up if they email you a rejection letter. Best of luck guys, hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing. Did you go for 1 or 2 round interview? From what I understand there is only 1 round for Ops Tech, thus the confusion about those who attended a 2nd round interview.

I attended the interview on the 26th of Feb, still awaiting news be it good or bad. Congratulations by the way.

Yawn 13-04-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83476)
How is it a 2 round interview? I'm confused. Applied for the same position as Ops Tech right?

nope not operation tech. It was different job position. Anyway the HR emailed me an update that they're finalising it this week. So should be getting answers starting next week.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yawn (Post 83538)
nope not operation tech. It was different job position. Anyway the HR emailed me an update that they're finalising it this week. So should be getting answers starting next week.

Oh HR just emailed you today? So they mentioned results will be finalized this week or early next?

Unregistered 13-04-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongWait (Post 83525)

I went on the same date. 24th feb for the interview, but you alr got the medical check up. Do you think that they will send rejection letter or just keep quiet?

Yawn 13-04-2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83549)
Oh HR just emailed you today? So they mentioned results will be finalized this week or early next?

Accordingly to the email stated early next week. There are lots applicants out there, so I guess they need time to sort it out and they work mainly on the career site database. So if they think you're not the right fit should be already stated in the system for their ease of filtering.

Be patient. Coming soon. Embrace the outcome.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 09:30 PM

I'm kind of wondering why I can't log in into the portal? The response I got they couldn't find my Email/Password in the ExxonMobil system. Could it be they already remove my application and details?
By the way I applied on 18 January 2016. Got invited for interview on 26th of Feb. Given the M test after interview. Applied for Operations Technician position. The only technician experience I have was with a pharmaceutical plant for 1 1/2 years. Currently unemployed.
No rejection email yet. Still hoping like 5% for them to give me chance. Hahah

Locoski 13-04-2016 09:54 PM

Like i said,for those who are waiting for an answer from hr,you might want to try Chevron Oronite operations technician.So if you didnt get into em,theres still hope in chevron.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83570)
I'm kind of wondering why I can't log in into the portal? The response I got they couldn't find my Email/Password in the ExxonMobil system. Could it be they already remove my application and details?
By the way I applied on 18 January 2016. Got invited for interview on 26th of Feb. Given the M test after interview. Applied for Operations Technician position. The only technician experience I have was with a pharmaceutical plant for 1 1/2 years. Currently unemployed.
No rejection email yet. Still hoping like 5% for them to give me chance. Hahah

Don't give up bro..no rejection letter, i won't give up easily.

Unregistered 14-04-2016 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yawn (Post 83553)
Accordingly to the email stated early next week. There are lots applicants out there, so I guess they need time to sort it out and they work mainly on the career site database. So if they think you're not the right fit should be already stated in the system for their ease of filtering.

Be patient. Coming soon. Embrace the outcome.

Thanks for the clarification bro. Been waiting for results since my interview on the 26th of Feb. Fingers crossed and hopefully it'll be good news sooner rather than later.