Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 19-11-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101933)
I just received the offer letter. They offered me tech 2 position. Salary range is around 2000-2400. I have 3 years of experience. Is that okay?

U applied for operation tech?

Unregistered 19-11-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101948)
U applied for operation tech?

Yes for operation tech.

Unregistered 20-11-2017 01:03 AM

operation TECH

hey guys I got an offer from Em for operation tech. before I accept I would like to know about the culture there. Yes I would say money is important but I think its more important to consider on how people treat you and how approachable the people are to new comers. currently working in a different petrochemical plant. i wish to go EM chemical plant as the plant is consider new. but heard Jan 29 batch is for pioneer :( Actually im getting a pay cut for my basic for this offer. anyone recently joined would care to elaborate ? TIA

Unregistered 20-11-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101961)
hey guys I got an offer from Em for operation tech. before I accept I would like to know about the culture there. Yes I would say money is important but I think its more important to consider on how people treat you and how approachable the people are to new comers. currently working in a different petrochemical plant. i wish to go EM chemical plant as the plant is consider new. but heard Jan 29 batch is for pioneer :( Actually im getting a pay cut for my basic for this offer. anyone recently joined would care to elaborate ? TIA

Wat grade they offered u? Not sure about the culture there but I think it's not a bad place to go, alot of ppl gg in so should be Ok I guess.

Unregistered 20-11-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Where did you hear from that the 29th jan batch is for Pioneer?

Unregistered 20-11-2017 05:44 PM

Hi there i was offered process tech instead of operations tech. Anybody knows what is the difference?

Unregistered 20-11-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Heard training will be at pioneer but where we gg to be posted will only be known near to end of training

Unregistered 20-11-2017 09:49 PM

OT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101971)
Where did you hear from that the 29th jan batch is for Pioneer?

I heard from my friend who joined pioneer this year that process technician is for JI chemical plant and operations technician is for pioneer but im not too sure about it.need to input for this ?

Unregistered 20-11-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101968)
Wat grade they offered u? Not sure about the culture there but I think it's not a bad place to go, alot of ppl gg in so should be Ok I guess.

they offered level 3 experience OT with 200 dollars pay cut.so yaa still contemplating. not going to be a easy choice for me.

Unregistered 20-11-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101979)
Heard training will be at pioneer but where we gg to be posted will only be known near to end of training

From what my friend told me we will know about our posting within 1 month time and classroom training most probably 2-3 months. besides that, there are still few plants where the culture is very strong and difficult to blend and approach.