Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

sinkingfeeling 14-07-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141672)
What do you work as now? Public sector should be quite safe.

I've been jobless for one year :(

sinkingfeeling 14-07-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141689)
Am I the only one who thinks that maybe the news of widespread job losses and a poor economy is fake? I don't know a single person who lost their job due to covid, in fact some got increments and some got bonuses. Also the stock market is shooting up every day. Maybe they are excuses by employers to suppress our wages?

SMLJ? :confused:

Unregistered 15-07-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 141710)
I've been jobless for one year :(

im in n the same boat. 1 year already. sorry if i didn't follow but did u quit your last job or were u retrenched?

are u from edmw by any chance? you sound familiar lol.

Unregistered 15-07-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 141711)
SMLJ? :confused:

Seriously where got people lost job? So many jobs that my colleague even just quit to change job!

Unregistered 15-07-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141767)
Seriously where got people lost job? So many jobs that my colleague even just quit to change job!

Lots of people are losing their jobs and being retrenched right now. You’re so out of touch it’s ridiculous.

Unregistered 15-07-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Tell this to all the fresh grads looking for jobs and struggling to hear back even from lowly paid traineeship positions. So tone deaf!

sinkingfeeling 15-07-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141766)
im in n the same boat. 1 year already. sorry if i didn't follow but did u quit your last job or were u retrenched?

are u from edmw by any chance? you sound familiar lol.

I was fired from my last jod :(

sinkingfeeling 15-07-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

The worst is yet to be :(

Unregistered 15-07-2020 07:15 PM

What do u guys think of the 6/12mths sgunited jobs? Some of the job descriptions are so simple, its like they are forced to create these jobs. And no guarantee of further employment after the contract ends. After unemployment for so long, would u take it if offered?

Unregistered 15-07-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141812)
What do u guys think of the 6/12mths sgunited jobs? Some of the job descriptions are so simple, its like they are forced to create these jobs. And no guarantee of further employment after the contract ends. After unemployment for so long, would u take it if offered?

If you are chronically unemployed and dont take it when offered then it's obviously your fault for not trying your best to make a way for yourself.