Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 19-09-2019 07:17 AM

Vote carefully

Young graduates, you need to ask yourself who you voted for in last GE.

I been working in MNCs all my life, and i see the rampant hiring of FTs just made me sick. Most of the jobs they hold any singaporeans can do.

Dont say i didnt warn you, you may not care about politics, but politics has its way of finding you.

Unregistered 19-09-2019 10:41 AM

I agreed with you fully.

Most of the FT jobs can be done by Singaporean. Wondering why do they not employ Singaporean and complain that Singaporean does not want to work.

Move around and you can see FT sweepers, cleaners, restaurant staffs, hotel service staffs, construction, nursing, etc..

Ask yourself why do they employ those FT? Is it because of who you voted GE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123525)

I been working in MNCs all my life, and i see the rampant hiring of FTs just made me sick. Most of the jobs they hold any singaporeans can do.

Dont say i didnt warn you, you may not care about politics, but politics has its way of finding you.

Unregistered 19-09-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Yea but all of us young graduates this year were not even old enough to vote last GE.
Should have caused a scene and make govt lower voting rights to 18 yrs old...

Meaning we got screwed over by those who could vote :/

Anywho.. cant even cry over spilk milk. The younger generations already struggling to even find perm entry level. And govt now promoting kids to go either ite or poly (look at thier facilities and news coverage). See how fast they change their views and policies with one blink.

Next maybe CPF, increase to 25% deduction and can only take out when 75 lol. We be working till death here.

Any govt official who sees this, pls help your own people and encourage people to take lower skilled jobs but with conpensating benefits. Look at japan etc, their construction workers are their own people and they lead maybe a few foreigners as support. NOT the other way around like in SG, sheesh all foreigners here are taking all low, mid and high jobs
Wth.

Anyone agrees with me?

Unregistered 19-09-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Yea but all of us young graduates this year were not even old enough to vote last GE.
Should have caused a scene and make govt lower voting rights to 18 yrs old...

Meaning we got screwed over by those who could vote :/

Anywho.. cant even cry over spilk milk. The younger generations already struggling to even find perm entry level. And govt now promoting kids to go either ite or poly (look at thier facilities and news coverage). See how fast they change their views and policies with one blink.

Next maybe CPF, increase to 25% deduction and can only take out when 75 lol. We be working till death here.

Any govt official who sees this, pls help your own people and encourage people to take lower skilled jobs but with conpensating benefits. Look at japan etc, their construction workers are their own people and they lead maybe a few foreigners as support. NOT the other way around like in SG, sheesh all foreigners here are taking all low, mid and high jobs
Wth.

Anyone agrees with me?

Unregistered 20-09-2019 04:33 PM

Jobless only got your parents to blame. Confirm is you are ugly in looks. For pretty girl like me. Go interview wear short skirt plus g string. Just Zao geng to hiring manager. Straight get many offers. So if u are jobless. Blame your parents why born u ugly?

Unregistered 23-09-2019 11:36 PM

why don't apply jobs at companies that only take singaporeans like DSO and DSTA? pay good and good bonus. i hear car parks getting full

Snaphunt 27-09-2019 03:53 PM

HELLO!

If y'all find it difficult and time-consuming to look for jobs, can try www.snaphunt.com
(full disclosure - i work here, but don't scold me because i believe in it)
and i got my job through here after sending out close to 500 resumes and spending 2 months at home just browsing jobs and sending resumes EVERYWHERE.

basically, having a profile on the platform reduce your time and effort because the AI only shows you job that your profile is a match to. then just click apply or decline. done. - wait for employer to shortlist you or reject you, whichevere they deem fit.

Unregistered 17-10-2019 11:31 PM

Hi.. during interview, the interviewer insisted to know what's the lowest salary i will accept though I've indicated my expected on resume. Out of nervous and a little desperate (been looking for a job for quite a while), i mentioned a much lower amount than what i was really looking at. What happen if company really offer based on that? Can i still ask for higher salary? Please help!

Unregistered 18-10-2019 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124216)
Hi.. during interview, the interviewer insisted to know what's the lowest salary i will accept though I've indicated my expected on resume. Out of nervous and a little desperate (been looking for a job for quite a while), i mentioned a much lower amount than what i was really looking at. What happen if company really offer based on that? Can i still ask for higher salary? Please help!

When HR call you if you are selected for the job you can still try nego unless they say its fixed

Since you have been looking for job for long time already better to get a stable job first.

Unregistered 19-10-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123376)
What are your criteria for a good employee?

I accepted the offer. It was a 20% cut from my last drawn as I wasn’t working then. While the work is fine so far, I still feel a little short-changed. Should I keep a lookout for better opportunities or stay put? I am in mid-career.

Anyone has comments?