Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122010)
hey guys, can HR force me to finish my leave during my notice period? i want to encash them but HR is forcing me to finish annual leave.

just tell them that you will screw up all the systems if you are not happy. simple?

Unregistered 25-07-2019 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122046)
Yes it is up to the company whether u encash ur AL leave or not, it should be stated in the contract. In such cases, you better finish up all the leave or they will be forfeited

Unless you are chio and show zao geng to hr manager. Then maybe can encash.

Unregistered 27-07-2019 05:00 PM

If the notice period for contract is 2 weeks, can I quit the job after 1 week? My mother is sick and there is no one to take care her. Agent said its been only a week and i have to serve 2 more weeks. Very hard to talk to agent. What shall I do? What would you advise?

Unregistered 29-07-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122172)
If the notice period for contract is 2 weeks, can I quit the job after 1 week? My mother is sick and there is no one to take care her. Agent said its been only a week and i have to serve 2 more weeks. Very hard to talk to agent. What shall I do? What would you advise?

Pay them compensation is the fastest solution.

Unregistered 29-07-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122172)

Talk to company directly instead of to the agent. And if it's already a no, then pay for the notice period.

Unregistered 01-08-2019 09:50 AM

Co A
Better job scope
Pay slightly lower than B

Co B
Job scope not as gd as A
Pay slightly higher
Overall feel for Co B better

Both are established companies ...which one will you choose?

Unregistered 01-08-2019 03:35 PM

The vibes during interview was good, rapport with hiring manager is good, job scope challenging but it is what you are comfortable with and pay also what you want. In summary, everything is ok/great. But location far.. 1 hour journey. eg. Stay east, office south west.
Would you take the job?

Unregistered 01-08-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122333)
Co A
Better job scope
Pay slightly lower than B

Co B
Job scope not as gd as A
Pay slightly higher
Overall feel for Co B better

Both are established companies ...which one will you choose?

I vote B. Feel and pay important. Scope can change due to restructuring or company's plan.

Unregistered 01-08-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122046)
Yes it is up to the company whether u encash ur AL leave or not, it should be stated in the contract. In such cases, you better finish up all the leave or they will be forfeited

You may want to read the section "Special situations during the notice period" on this MOM's page:

https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-pr...on-with-notice

(or google this phrase: mom termination with notice)

Notably:

"Taking annual leave is based on mutual agreement.

You can either encash or clear your annual leave if your employment was terminated.

If the unused leave is encashed, it should be calculated at the gross rate of pay based on your last drawn salary.

However, if an employee is terminated for misconduct, any unused leave will be forfeited."

And:

"You can use your annual leave to offset the notice period in exchange for bringing forward your last day of employment. In this case:

You would only be paid up to your last day of work.
The annual leave used to offset the notice will not be paid.
After your last day, you can start work immediately with your new company.
Alternatively, you can use your annual leave during the notice period, and the days taken will count towards fulfilling the notice period.

If you apply for annual leave during your notice period, and your employer approves it:

You will be paid for the full notice period.
You are considered an employee until the last day.
You cannot join a new company until the notice period is over."

Unregistered 02-08-2019 01:35 PM

I am barely 2 weeks into my new company. Yesterday, my colleague screamed at my boss and she stormed out of the office swearing never to come back. So all the work half-way one all suddenly passed to me to do which I have no idea about. She is also in charge of accounts and paying salary.

Now my salary for July still havent paid to me and I am working like hell.

So is this a very big red flag to leave this company ?