Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 23-01-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104017)
since got so many of those in the latter age out of jobs for months, even years, is it true what PAP IBs had advocated that people both young and old are picky with job hunting?

Stop your political crap. Be more positive you will be happier.

Unregistered 23-01-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103955)
Thank you for that...and to those who are gainfully employed...please treasure what you have...I have been out of a job for 1.5 years and actively seeking work...it is hell every day...waiting and waiting.

Hang on. Don't lose hope. It is just a matter of time before you land yourself in another job.

Unregistered 23-01-2018 12:25 PM

View EXPOAUTO

Anyone 40 and above? How long out of job?
Keep the list going..

- Me, 47, 1.5 years

Unregistered 25-01-2018 11:14 AM

42 here and have been out of job since Nov 2017. I know it's not long but with each passing day of waiting aimlessly, I am falling deeper and deeper into despair.

Reading stories of jobless for more than a year echoed "I am better off dead" in my mind constantly... I am so sick so this life...

Unregistered 25-01-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104064)
42 here and have been out of job since Nov 2017. I know it's not long but with each passing day of waiting aimlessly, I am falling deeper and deeper into despair.

Reading stories of jobless for more than a year echoed "I am better off dead" in my mind constantly... I am so sick so this life...

welcome to the club, you are considered a newbie...I posted just before yours....1.5 years of waiting...the only consolation? you will learn to develop patience.

Unregistered 25-01-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104013)
Are you below 40?

Should be less challenging to secure perm position if yes..

Just need some patience and things to do, so to keep the mind from wondering into pessimism.

in the mid 30s

nevertheless it gets discouraging to see the days go by w/o a perm position in place
the mini saving grace is the temp job giving some bits of pocket money and effective way of killing time to keep one's mind from being depressed further

Unregistered 25-01-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104065)
welcome to the club, you are considered a newbie...I posted just before yours....1.5 years of waiting...the only consolation? you will learn to develop patience.

Thanks but I don’t think I will ever reached your patience level. I attempted suicide by swallowing pills but woke up feeling worse than before. I don’t thing I will live till then.

Unregistered 25-01-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104068)
Thanks but I don’t think I will ever reached your patience level. I attempted suicide by swallowing pills but woke up feeling worse than before. I don’t thing I will live till then.

you are childish af.

you attempted suicide for being out of job? do yourself a favor, if you wanna die, do it once and do it right.

fancy coming to forums and post your failed suicidal attempt. trying to crack our days up?

Unregistered 26-01-2018 12:04 AM

No job equates to No money.

Cold hard truth.

Unregistered 26-01-2018 09:57 AM

Unemployment has negative effects on mental health