Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

Unregistered 24-12-2012 01:15 PM

is the CPIO post open to girls too?

and any kind soul who got recruited tell me more about the training involved? Is it on 'theory' or are they physical/IPPT type of training, like those of police?

Tia!

haiz1234 25-12-2012 11:09 AM

are u a female>

surprise that woman wants to join~ as IO..
as long u have calibre and what it takes....:D

Unregistered 25-12-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz1234 (Post 31832)
surprise that woman wants to join~ as IO..
as long u have calibre and what it takes....:D

ya haha..

jobscope looks interesting, but if the training is physical training, then i can forget it. You have any idea what the training is all about?

Unregistered Santa 25-12-2012 08:24 PM

Cpib

Alot of investigation job but less physical I would say..

Be prepared to work late and sometimes on stand-by, it's interesting I would say but the bonded scheme made ppl think twice.. An element of risk involved and frens will be wary of u becase u r an enforcer ..

How old r u girl?

Unregistered 25-12-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered Santa (Post 31842)
Alot of investigation job but less physical I would say..

Be prepared to work late and sometimes on stand-by, it's interesting I would say but the bonded scheme made ppl think twice.. An element of risk involved and frens will be wary of u becase u r an enforcer ..

How old r u girl?

What do you mean by bonded scheme made ppl think twice?

wern 26-12-2012 12:22 AM

uniform/enforcement agencies usually come with a training bond lasting 2-3years. It means basically must stay there for the 2/3years (it's not a scholarship. You just lan lan have to suck thumb and stay for the entire period even though you're a farmer). I cant remember whether CPIB is 2 or 3. ICA's is only 1 year thats why many people find it very attractive.

For a fresh 20+ year old uni grad to be bonded down in a agency with little transferable skills for that length of time requires some degree of passion and tenacity for the job.

Unregistered santa 26-12-2012 12:24 AM

After

After 4 months training serve 2 year bond lo..
But pay starting quite high.. More than police..

I always puzzle police or cpib better prospect?
Police can do investigation, command tour den staff tour but must fight with scholars sian..
CPIB can only do investigation .. Not sure if can change dept to mgt or create awareness in future..

Sian which one better

wern 26-12-2012 12:36 AM

both sama sama lah. But cpib has a (slightly) higher potential outside because compliance/audit positions MIGHT consider your experience as relevant. Thats a huge IF there because you're still competing against law/accountancy grads who are fresh from their uni exams/textbook case studies and competing for the same job. And besides these firms usually have their own internal training program once you get in.

Cpib might be potentially good outside, but don't count on it because successful cases are really few and far inbetween. I dont know abt mgt roles in cpib, all I know is that they're an unusual semi-uniform/enforcement agency that doesnt use the typical police/army rank structure but adopts the government executive, senior exec, manager(team manager), dy director rank structure.

Unregistered 26-12-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 31853)
both sama sama lah. But cpib has a (slightly) higher potential outside because compliance/audit positions MIGHT consider your experience as relevant. Thats a huge IF there because you're still competing against law/accountancy grads who are fresh from their uni exams/textbook case studies and competing for the same job. And besides these firms usually have their own internal training program once you get in.

Cpib might be potentially good outside, but don't count on it because successful cases are really few and far inbetween. I dont know abt mgt roles in cpib, all I know is that they're an unusual semi-uniform/enforcement agency that doesnt use the typical police/army rank structure but adopts the government executive, senior exec, manager(team manager), dy director rank structure.

is it true that cpib people are under tremendous pressure especially in light of recent high profile cases?

Unregistered 26-12-2012 04:25 PM

cpib interview

Anyone can share how's the process for cpio interview?