Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

Unregistered 26-12-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered Santa (Post 31842)
Alot of investigation job but less physical I would say..

Be prepared to work late and sometimes on stand-by, it's interesting I would say but the bonded scheme made ppl think twice.. An element of risk involved and frens will be wary of u becase u r an enforcer ..

How old r u girl?

thanks unregistered santa..i am 24..haha

so the training won't be so police-style, like travelling overseas for training and stuff ah

the bond thing is also quite frightening cos they sound like 'u break u die' can of thing hahahahaha

Unregistered 26-12-2012 06:46 PM

*kind

10 chars

Unregistered_ 27-12-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31874)
Anyone can share how's the process for cpio interview?

Interested to know too, anyone knows?

anonymous88 28-12-2012 05:52 PM

Just thought I could do some sharing here.

Applied for CPIO around August, got called up for interview in late Oct followed by an offer from them around late Nov.

Interview is a one round process in the conference room with three directors so its not for the faint hearted! :D

They are really interested to know you personally and most importantly whether you have interest in investigation work. With regards to the bond, take it as a form of 2 year contract and start work with an open mind whereby you learn and absorb as much as possible instead of being frightened off by the "bond" term.

All the best for those who are applying! :D

Unregistered_ 28-12-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous88 (Post 31950)

Applied for CPIO around August, got called up for interview in late Oct followed by an offer from them around late Nov.

Interview is a one round process in the conference room with three directors so its not for the faint hearted! :D

They are really interested to know you personally and most importantly whether you have interest in investigation work. With regards to the bond, take it as a form of 2 year contract and start work with an open mind whereby you learn and absorb as much as possible instead of being frightened off by the "bond" term.

Thanks for the info. So does that means they will review your performance again after 2 yrs den decide whether to offer you the contract again ?

anonymous88 28-12-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered_ (Post 31953)
Thanks for the info. So does that means they will review your performance again after 2 yrs den decide whether to offer you the contract again ?

i guess that is how it works but during the 2 years, you gotta be with them otherwise gotta pay compensation for breaking the bond.

Unregistered 28-12-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Can share some insight on how is the work like? Is there any physical stuff involved?

anonymous88 29-12-2012 01:20 AM

Have yet to start work though. Shouldn't be that physical compared to police I guess.

haiz1234 29-12-2012 02:30 PM

Hmmm

Quote:

Can share some in sights after you have entered? Job scope and your academic result is?

Unregistered 31-12-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous88 (Post 31973)
Have yet to start work though. Shouldn't be that physical compared to police I guess.

hi..that was truly insightful.

did the interviewers tell u whether the training is stay-in kind or is everyday can go home kind?

thanks bro!