Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Queries about Cpib application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2225-queries-about-corrupt-practices-investigation-bureau-application.html)

omezarn 16-10-2012 08:10 PM

Queries about Cpib application

Hi,

I have applied for cpib as an io. In the career portal it states in progress. It has been like this for the past one month. Usually in career gov portal, they will indicate unsuccessful and stuff. I but this has been in progress state for a long time. Is there anyway I can contact them? Anyone has any experiences?

Appreciate any replies

Unregistered 16-10-2012 08:52 PM

You have to wait for at least 2 mths to be contacted.Some people waited for 6mths

Unregistered 23-10-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omezarn (Post 29137)
Hi,

I have applied for cpib as an io. In the career portal it states in progress. It has been like this for the past one month. Usually in career gov portal, they will indicate unsuccessful and stuff. I but this has been in progress state for a long time. Is there anyway I can contact them? Anyone has any experiences?

Appreciate any replies

Hi TS, had you been called up for an interview? Mine had been under "submitted" status for quite some time

omezarn 23-10-2012 07:46 PM

No calls or nth yet..... Mine under process state...

Unregistered 29-10-2012 12:12 AM

I Applied in July, called up in oct for the interview.

Hope this helps!

omezarn 29-10-2012 12:16 AM

Hi there! Thank you for your replies.

To the last guy who replied, what is the status of your application in the portal. How did they contact you. Thru email or phone? Cos when I applied for spf they scheduled interview via mail.

kip 29-10-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omezarn (Post 29575)
Hi there! Thank you for your replies.

To the last guy who replied, what is the status of your application in the portal. How did they contact you. Thru email or phone? Cos when I applied for spf they scheduled interview via mail.

the status is "In Process" has been unchanged since i applied in july, before my interview i managed to chat with another candidate who told me that he also applied in july, when did you apply for it?

They contact me via phone call.

omezarn 29-10-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kip (Post 29581)
the status is "In Process" has been unchanged since i applied in july, before my interview i managed to chat with another candidate who told me that he also applied in july, when did you apply for it?

They contact me via phone call.

Mine was on 21st August.. It is still under process state... I have tried mailing them but no reply yet. My best wishes for your result.! :)

Unregistered 29-10-2012 08:48 PM

Is it normal for the status to always be at "submitted"? It had been quite a while and nobody is processing my application.

kip 29-10-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omezarn (Post 29582)
Mine was on 21st August.. It is still under process state... I have tried mailing them but no reply yet. My best wishes for your result.! :)

Thanks! All the best to you too :)

omezarn 30-10-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29603)
Is it normal for the status to always be at "submitted"? It had been quite a while and nobody is processing my application.

My status was shown as submitted for about 1.5months after the closing date.

kip 30-10-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29603)

usually they take kinda long to process it, unless it is unsuccessful, which is fast

omezarn 30-10-2012 02:26 PM

hmm Oct is comin to an end.. Seems like there is another opening for the same position. Wonder if i should re-try again, even with the current status of "in process"

Unregistered 30-10-2012 03:46 PM

CPIB usually takes longer as they need to do some background checks for potential candidates. And they also take in people in cohort so while they open recruitment, they bunch people in batches, accounting for the longer wait time.

Unregistered 30-10-2012 08:06 PM

Thanks all for the replies! I shall patiently wait for them to get back to me and hopefully they shortlist me

Unregistered 30-10-2012 09:39 PM

Try a cpcb approach

Unregistered 31-10-2012 09:25 AM

i applied for the position too! hopefully they will call us for an interview..

haiz1234 13-11-2012 01:21 PM

CPIB extend their deadline to nex year feb 2013

why extended till so long uh???
in need of ppl or too many leave?

Unregistered 17-12-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz1234 (Post 30237)
why extended till so long uh???
in need of ppl or too many leave?

Ya I applied in Oct n yet to receive any call or email from them. It was until recently that I realised they extended their deadline. Maybe they need new blood. Haha.

Unregistered 17-12-2012 06:01 PM

"Submitted" and "In Progress" means nothing if you have applied at Careers.gov.

Only the more on the ball HR in gahmen sector will toggle the statuses and the only status that guarantees an interview is "Shortlisted". Treat anything else as an unsuccessful application and reapply once the closing date for submission has been passed.

The less on the ball HR will never bother to toggle the statuses. You might find yourself being asked for an interview even if it just states submitted.

Just apply and wait for call. If no call, move on.

Unregistered 24-12-2012 01:15 PM

is the CPIO post open to girls too?

and any kind soul who got recruited tell me more about the training involved? Is it on 'theory' or are they physical/IPPT type of training, like those of police?

Tia!

haiz1234 25-12-2012 11:09 AM

are u a female>

surprise that woman wants to join~ as IO..
as long u have calibre and what it takes....:D

Unregistered 25-12-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz1234 (Post 31832)
surprise that woman wants to join~ as IO..
as long u have calibre and what it takes....:D

ya haha..

jobscope looks interesting, but if the training is physical training, then i can forget it. You have any idea what the training is all about?

Unregistered Santa 25-12-2012 08:24 PM

Cpib

Alot of investigation job but less physical I would say..

Be prepared to work late and sometimes on stand-by, it's interesting I would say but the bonded scheme made ppl think twice.. An element of risk involved and frens will be wary of u becase u r an enforcer ..

How old r u girl?

Unregistered 25-12-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered Santa (Post 31842)

Be prepared to work late and sometimes on stand-by, it's interesting I would say but the bonded scheme made ppl think twice.. An element of risk involved and frens will be wary of u becase u r an enforcer ..

How old r u girl?

What do you mean by bonded scheme made ppl think twice?

wern 26-12-2012 12:22 AM

uniform/enforcement agencies usually come with a training bond lasting 2-3years. It means basically must stay there for the 2/3years (it's not a scholarship. You just lan lan have to suck thumb and stay for the entire period even though you're a farmer). I cant remember whether CPIB is 2 or 3. ICA's is only 1 year thats why many people find it very attractive.

For a fresh 20+ year old uni grad to be bonded down in a agency with little transferable skills for that length of time requires some degree of passion and tenacity for the job.

Unregistered santa 26-12-2012 12:24 AM

After

After 4 months training serve 2 year bond lo..
But pay starting quite high.. More than police..

I always puzzle police or cpib better prospect?
Police can do investigation, command tour den staff tour but must fight with scholars sian..
CPIB can only do investigation .. Not sure if can change dept to mgt or create awareness in future..

Sian which one better

wern 26-12-2012 12:36 AM

both sama sama lah. But cpib has a (slightly) higher potential outside because compliance/audit positions MIGHT consider your experience as relevant. Thats a huge IF there because you're still competing against law/accountancy grads who are fresh from their uni exams/textbook case studies and competing for the same job. And besides these firms usually have their own internal training program once you get in.

Cpib might be potentially good outside, but don't count on it because successful cases are really few and far inbetween. I dont know abt mgt roles in cpib, all I know is that they're an unusual semi-uniform/enforcement agency that doesnt use the typical police/army rank structure but adopts the government executive, senior exec, manager(team manager), dy director rank structure.

Unregistered 26-12-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 31853)
both sama sama lah. But cpib has a (slightly) higher potential outside because compliance/audit positions MIGHT consider your experience as relevant. Thats a huge IF there because you're still competing against law/accountancy grads who are fresh from their uni exams/textbook case studies and competing for the same job. And besides these firms usually have their own internal training program once you get in.

Cpib might be potentially good outside, but don't count on it because successful cases are really few and far inbetween. I dont know abt mgt roles in cpib, all I know is that they're an unusual semi-uniform/enforcement agency that doesnt use the typical police/army rank structure but adopts the government executive, senior exec, manager(team manager), dy director rank structure.

is it true that cpib people are under tremendous pressure especially in light of recent high profile cases?

Unregistered 26-12-2012 04:25 PM

cpib interview

Anyone can share how's the process for cpio interview?

Unregistered 26-12-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered Santa (Post 31842)

How old r u girl?

thanks unregistered santa..i am 24..haha

so the training won't be so police-style, like travelling overseas for training and stuff ah

the bond thing is also quite frightening cos they sound like 'u break u die' can of thing hahahahaha

Unregistered 26-12-2012 06:46 PM

*kind

10 chars

Unregistered_ 27-12-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31874)
Anyone can share how's the process for cpio interview?

Interested to know too, anyone knows?

anonymous88 28-12-2012 05:52 PM

Just thought I could do some sharing here.

Applied for CPIO around August, got called up for interview in late Oct followed by an offer from them around late Nov.

Interview is a one round process in the conference room with three directors so its not for the faint hearted! :D

They are really interested to know you personally and most importantly whether you have interest in investigation work. With regards to the bond, take it as a form of 2 year contract and start work with an open mind whereby you learn and absorb as much as possible instead of being frightened off by the "bond" term.

All the best for those who are applying! :D

Unregistered_ 28-12-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous88 (Post 31950)

Applied for CPIO around August, got called up for interview in late Oct followed by an offer from them around late Nov.

Interview is a one round process in the conference room with three directors so its not for the faint hearted! :D

They are really interested to know you personally and most importantly whether you have interest in investigation work. With regards to the bond, take it as a form of 2 year contract and start work with an open mind whereby you learn and absorb as much as possible instead of being frightened off by the "bond" term.

Thanks for the info. So does that means they will review your performance again after 2 yrs den decide whether to offer you the contract again ?

anonymous88 28-12-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered_ (Post 31953)
Thanks for the info. So does that means they will review your performance again after 2 yrs den decide whether to offer you the contract again ?

i guess that is how it works but during the 2 years, you gotta be with them otherwise gotta pay compensation for breaking the bond.

Unregistered 28-12-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Can share some insight on how is the work like? Is there any physical stuff involved?

anonymous88 29-12-2012 01:20 AM

Have yet to start work though. Shouldn't be that physical compared to police I guess.

haiz1234 29-12-2012 02:30 PM

Hmmm

Quote:

Can share some in sights after you have entered? Job scope and your academic result is?

Unregistered 31-12-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous88 (Post 31973)
Have yet to start work though. Shouldn't be that physical compared to police I guess.

hi..that was truly insightful.

did the interviewers tell u whether the training is stay-in kind or is everyday can go home kind?

thanks bro!