Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 25-08-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55404)
call also no one will asnwer what since her email auto reply she out of office?

:confused:

Then no choice just call when the HR gets back. I understand how tiring this is.

Unregistered 25-08-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55404)
call also no one will asnwer what since her email auto reply she out of office?

How is it no one pick up? Usually I will just call the HR executive who inform me of all the interview details and they will pick up the phone.

If they did not pick up, just call again lah.

If you drop them a email, they might not reply you.

in3deep 25-08-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55406)
How is it no one pick up? Usually I will just call the HR executive who inform me of all the interview details and they will pick up the phone.

If they did not pick up, just call again lah.

If you drop them a email, they might not reply you.

bro thats what im saying... i email this person n i got an automated Out of office msg whihc means shes on leave

so how will she be there to pick up the phone?

Unregistered 25-08-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55408)
bro thats what im saying... i email this person n i got an automated Out of office msg whihc means shes on leave

so how will she be there to pick up the phone?

Alright, my fault then. In that case, did she say when will she be back in the out-of-office msg? If she did state, call her when she's back.

Unregistered 25-08-2014 07:31 PM

Never have I felt so fed up waiting for an answer. Seriously. Pissed off.

Unregistered 25-08-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55418)
Never have I felt so fed up waiting for an answer. Seriously. Pissed off.

Actually, if you don't hear from them, the answer is no.

Unregistered 25-08-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55428)
Actually, if you don't hear from them, the answer is no.

Yes I should have realised this long ago. Depressed. Can only come to this forum to rant my frustrations. :(

in3deep 25-08-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55431)
Yes I should have realised this long ago. Depressed. Can only come to this forum to rant my frustrations. :(

im frustrated also

candidates also spent so much time preparing and taking leave

its not like a 30 mins thing

some spend over a week reading up n preparing

n companies dun have coutersy to inform of decision or worse still conducting bogus interviews when positions have not been approved

:mad:

Unregistered 25-08-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55432)
im frustrated also

candidates also spent so much time preparing and taking leave

its not like a 30 mins thing

some spend over a week reading up n preparing

n companies dun have coutersy to inform of decision or worse still conducting bogus interviews when positions have not been approved

:mad:

I feel u. I'm also super frustrated and pissed. Can't let it out anywhere so can only come to this forum and let out. I also tried my very best during the interview. Thought it went well. Waited and waited and waited for an outcome. Checked with HR but after that no replies from them. Felt like a fool just waiting and waiting.

in3deep 26-08-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55433)
I feel u. I'm also super frustrated and pissed. Can't let it out anywhere so can only come to this forum and let out. I also tried my very best during the interview. Thought it went well. Waited and waited and waited for an outcome. Checked with HR but after that no replies from them. Felt like a fool just waiting and waiting.

u waiting for how long?

sometimes feel like shaming them somewhere in stomp

Unregistered 26-08-2014 12:18 AM

Am waiting for the 2nd interview to be arranged, was told that there would be one but that the director is very busy in the next few weeks so it could take a while.

Meanwhile I saw a job ad in the same ministry, and am wondering if I should apply as I'm quite interested. On the one hand, I'm afraid that it may be futile to pin all hopes on a positive outcome from this interview (don't think the other one went well!), but am also worried about hurting my chances.

Main concern is that HR may inform the hiring manager that I've just applied for another job in the same ministry and hence might not be as keen as I told them I was : /

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 26-08-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55434)
u waiting for how long?

sometimes feel like shaming them somewhere in stomp

Very long until I lost track.

No point doing such things. We are always at losing end. I just feel that companies should learn to be more humble and accountable to candidates. Because they yaya papaya, not interested or whatsoever so just don't bother giving a reply to those candidates.

Unregistered 26-08-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55436)
Very long until I lost track.

No point doing such things. We are always at losing end. I just feel that companies should learn to be more humble and accountable to candidates. Because they yaya papaya, not interested or whatsoever so just don't bother giving a reply to those candidates.

In the past, probably yes. when there are more agencies than talents. But now, in this generation, agencies have a lot of talents to choose from. :(

Unregistered 26-08-2014 03:51 PM

Will u still go for interviews if u receive a verbal offer from the organisation?

And is it alright to go for interviews for other positions within the same organisation if u got a verbal offer?

Unregistered 26-08-2014 06:21 PM

Need some advice.

I got a verbal offer from an organisation for position 1. May take weeks before signing the employment contract.

The same organisation (different departments) calls me down for interview for position 2. Should I go for the interview?

On one hand, I don't feel secure as I haven't sign contract for position 1. On the other hand, I already agreed verbally to take up position 1 and the organisation might know I went for interview for position 2.

Unregistered 26-08-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55471)
Need some advice.

I got a verbal offer from an organisation for position 1. May take weeks before signing the employment contract.

The same organisation (different departments) calls me down for interview for position 2. Should I go for the interview?

On one hand, I don't feel secure as I haven't sign contract for position 1. On the other hand, I already agreed verbally to take up position 1 and the organisation might know I went for interview for position 2.

simple, call up the in charge for the first position and inform her that you can go for position 2 while waiting for the offer on paper.

To be frank a verbal offer is pretty solid already, if they pull out the offer i don't think you will stand a chance for position 2 as well.

Unregistered 26-08-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55472)
simple, call up the in charge for the first position and inform her that you can go for position 2 while waiting for the offer on paper.

To be frank a verbal offer is pretty solid already, if they pull out the offer i don't think you will stand a chance for position 2 as well.

Thanks for ur reply.

But if I call up the person in charge of position 1 and inform him that I'm going for interview for position 2, wouldn't that reflect badly on me? Cos I already agreed verbally to take up position 1 earlier.

Position 1 and 2 are independent of each other I guess cos belong to different departments within the organisation.

Unregistered 26-08-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55473)
Thanks for ur reply.

But if I call up the person in charge of position 1 and inform him that I'm going for interview for position 2, wouldn't that reflect badly on me? Cos I already agreed verbally to take up position 1 earlier.

Position 1 and 2 are independent of each other I guess cos belong to different departments within the organisation.

Well you can't have the cake and eat it. If you are more interested in position 2 then go for the interview and find out more.

Talented individuals will be sought after by different departmental, there's no loyalty to say since you have not joined the organisation.

since you have gotten a verbal offer i think they are just finalising the salary package for you. There may be further negotiation.

Unregistered 26-08-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55477)
Well you can't have the cake and eat it. If you are more interested in position 2 then go for the interview and find out more.

Talented individuals will be sought after by different departmental, there's no loyalty to say since you have not joined the organisation.

since you have gotten a verbal offer i think they are just finalising the salary package for you. There may be further negotiation.

I'm much more interested in position 1. If I know I'm interested in position 1 more, I shouldn't go for interview for position 2 right? I'm not "talented individual" lah.

Unregistered 26-08-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55478)
I'm much more interested in position 1. If I know I'm interested in position 1 more, I shouldn't go for interview for position 2 right? I'm not "talented individual" lah.

in that case place your trust in the verbal offer and inform the dept behind position 2 respectfully that you have already accepted a verbal offer from position 1.

in3deep 26-08-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55471)
Need some advice.

bro how long u take to get verbal offer after intw??

Unregistered 26-08-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55483)
bro how long u take to get verbal offer after intw??

1 month plus :)

in3deep 27-08-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55489)
1 month plus :)

wah so much patience ah

did they tell u beforehand tt they will get back to you within a certain timeframe or radio silence after intw?

Unregistered 27-08-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55495)
wah so much patience ah

did they tell u beforehand tt they will get back to you within a certain timeframe or radio silence after intw?

They said 2 to 3 weeks. If u cang jiong, u can call and check with HR. :)

Unregistered 27-08-2014 02:28 PM

i think most job descriptions have a fine print saying something along the line of "we regret to inform you that only short listed candidates will be notified"

so, my guess is no reply means bye bye..

anyway from my experience, if they really wanna hire you, they usually are fast hand fast leg one...

Unregistered 27-08-2014 07:51 PM

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I went for an interview with a SB two weeks ago, and the week later I had a call by their HR asking me if I had accepted other job offers. They asked me not to accept any other job offers if possible as they were running me through the hiring department and would get back to me soon.

I have an interview with P&G tomorrow and was wondering if I should inform the HR that I'll be doing so.

in3deep 27-08-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55528)
I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I went for an interview with a SB two weeks ago, and the week later I had a call by their HR asking me if I had accepted other job offers. They asked me not to accept any other job offers if possible as they were running me through the hiring department and would get back to me soon.

I have an interview with P&G tomorrow and was wondering if I should inform the HR that I'll be doing so.

Dun tell hr!!!! They will drop your application into the bin if they ever find out you are flirting with another company

Unregistered 27-08-2014 10:36 PM

following govt taking the lead to hire more non-grads and place them on same pay scheme as the uni grads if they perform well, look like the demand for uni grads getting lower.

to reflect, we shd have juz stopped at poly or nitec, no need to advance further, apply for govt jobs immediately after poly or ns, and we could have earned higher pay and promotions. Learning curve theory sounds inaccurate for now.

Unregistered 28-08-2014 03:40 AM

anyone knows the average bonus for stat boards like NEA/LTA?

Unregistered 28-08-2014 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55537)
following govt taking the lead to hire more non-grads and place them on same pay scheme as the uni grads if they perform well, look like the demand for uni grads getting lower.

to reflect, we shd have juz stopped at poly or nitec, no need to advance further, apply for govt jobs immediately after poly or ns, and we could have earned higher pay and promotions. Learning curve theory sounds inaccurate for now.

I think there are still advantages as a degree graduate. Even though pay scheme is the same, but entry position and salary for degree graduates will still be higher than diploma entry.
Since schemes are combined, there will come a situation where your supervisor is a poly graduate who worked for many years while the newbie is a fresh uni graduate.

For a degree graduate to take up top management position, company will need to only send the graduate for masters degree. But for a diploma graduate, a company need to invest at least twice, once for degree, when it is certain that the graduate is capable for mid management. Then a masters degree for top management.

Unregistered 05-09-2014 02:12 PM

A stat board told me that I'm hired but I've to be signed through a recruitment agency due to headcount issues. Anyone have similar experiences? What does this mean? This means that the organisation I'm working for is the stat board or the recruitment agency? Thanks.

Unregistered 05-09-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55990)
A stat board told me that I'm hired but I've to be signed through a recruitment agency due to headcount issues. Anyone have similar experiences? What does this mean? This means that the organisation I'm working for is the stat board or the recruitment agency? Thanks.

Which recruitment agency is that?

Unregistered 05-09-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

you are parked under recruitment agency.. you are not under govt headcount… means you can't enjoy any benefits in stat board, including leave and bonus. The recruitment agency is the one that settle your pay instead.

Unregistered 06-09-2014 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56004)
you are parked under recruitment agency.. you are not under govt headcount… means you can't enjoy any benefits in stat board, including leave and bonus. The recruitment agency is the one that settle your pay instead.

That sounds bad. So the organisation I'm working for is considered the stat board or recruitment agency? I mean I sign employment contract with stat board or recruitment agency?

rollbread 06-09-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56015)
That sounds bad. So the organisation I'm working for is considered the stat board or recruitment agency? I mean I sign employment contract with stat board or recruitment agency?

It's not uncommon for stat board to have headcount cap so didn't hire new staff. One of the poly actually outsource to a company to manage part of the building and staff. So the staff are employed under the agency and not poly itself. Btw, poly is considered as a stat board too.

If it is a headcount issue then most probably u will not be employed under the stat board, instead u will be employed under the agency. Usually the agency is on contract with the stat board to manage the staff, so meaning you 'might' be on contract basis with the agency too.

Unregistered 06-09-2014 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollbread (Post 56016)
It's not uncommon for stat board to have headcount cap so didn't hire new staff. One of the poly actually outsource to a company to manage part of the building and staff. So the staff are employed under the agency and not poly itself. Btw, poly is considered as a stat board too.

If it is a headcount issue then most probably u will not be employed under the stat board, instead u will be employed under the agency. Usually the agency is on contract with the stat board to manage the staff, so meaning you 'might' be on contract basis with the agency too.

Does this means that if in my resume, I will write the recruitment agency as my company? This sounds so weird

rollbread 06-09-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56017)
Does this means that if in my resume, I will write the recruitment agency as my company? This sounds so weird

Yup, the agency is your employer. Just that your working location is at the stat board.

Unregistered 06-09-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56017)

take it easy. your employer may not be stat board after all, however you can ask for testimonial from stat board once your term ended.

Unregistered 09-09-2014 12:24 PM

Usually how long hdb will call back after interview?

Unregistered 09-09-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56145)
Usually how long hdb will call back after interview?

Within two weeks.