Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2023 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250729)
CSA, CPF or PSD?? All comms role. Which will y’all choose? Senior executive/AM/M role for fresh grad

PSD got better progression I guess, CPF's comm is fighting fire all the time, CSA don't really see much news and stuff (should be quite chill?)

Unregistered 28-06-2023 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250716)
HTX also don't have. CPFB is not alone.

yup, but HTX dont lose ppl the way CPF is.. =S

Lothar4 29-06-2023 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250795)
PSD got better progression I guess, CPF's comm is fighting fire all the time, CSA don't really see much news and stuff (should be quite chill?)

PSD usually has more people and talent, and i doubt many leave, so progression cant be good

if CPF is full of resignations then promotion chances must be better lol :p:p:p

Unregistered 29-06-2023 12:59 PM

Timeline

This forum has been really helpful to me when I was looking for a job, so here's my contribution back! Hope this serves as a helpful timeline for ya: for SB, MX

End-may: Applied online
Within a week: Called for virtual interview + online assessment
Received a call on the same day: For 2nd online assessment
Within 3 days: Called for f2f interview
On the day of interview: Told that they were interested in me
In the same week: Received email from HR that they were preparing my offer package
The following week: Received tentative offer package, G50

Unregistered 29-06-2023 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250705)
Maybe the high resignation rate, low hiring rate (especially you are in heavy ops departments), low morale due to covid-fatigue, lously CEO and lack of appreciation in terms of promotion and Merit Increment (do you know while the entire Public Service had their pay increased last year, CPFB is one of the only few that didn't?)..

Plus the high stress level now to overhaul IT systems while combatting all the scam cases while tanking at least 3 persons' work per current headcount?

So please tell me what's not wrong working there?

that sounds very sheety

Unregistered 29-06-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lothar4 (Post 250814)
PSD usually has more people and talent, and i doubt many leave, so progression cant be good

my current dept in PSD

the govt chief experience occifer (equivalent shd be Senior Director level) already tender

Unregistered 30-06-2023 09:05 AM

when job is closed in workday, means the job listing closed and they already shortlisted a few candidates for the job?

Unregistered 30-06-2023 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lothar4 (Post 250814)

way worse, cause lesser ppl means more ops work to do, means lesser capacity to take on projects (which are the indication for promotion, -_-)..

Unregistered 01-07-2023 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250937)
way worse, cause lesser ppl means more ops work to do, means lesser capacity to take on projects (which are the indication for promotion, -_-)..

also CS seem like to happily use the temp/contract roles to fill up these gaps as interim w/o considering perm head count?

can't understand their logic thinking tbh.

Unregistered 01-07-2023 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250870)
my current dept in PSD

the govt chief experience occifer (equivalent shd be Senior Director level) already tender

Then must be from service SG.

Only that dept got chief exp officer. For some reason decided got such role one