Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 01-05-2019 12:10 AM

You applying what job want to dye hair sia. Just go in in long shirt black pants black shoes. At most a 2 or 3 button suit jacket. Backpack or business bag. No nid wad dye hair all. Unless u interviewing at zoo authority or ministry of circus. Zzzz.

Unregistered 01-05-2019 12:11 AM

U go believe brown can. I believe the person who said brown can is cus he havnt get job. I get mine ard and i'm jus cautioning you that appearance is key during govt interviews.

Unregistered 01-05-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117995)
You applying what job want to dye hair sia. Just go in in long shirt black pants black shoes. At most a 2 or 3 button suit jacket. Backpack or business bag. No nid wad dye hair all. Unless u interviewing at zoo authority or ministry of circus. Zzzz.

op is probably saying that he/she wants to dye hair but does not want the colour to diminish his/her chances..... isn't it normal for people to want to dye hair? LOL

Unregistered 01-05-2019 11:10 AM

I was rejected for a position that I applied last year in Aug. I see the same position again today.

The SB didn't found suitable candidates for 1 year, someone joined and left again or they are just building up their pool of candidates ala "fake" ads?

Unregistered 01-05-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118014)
I was rejected for a position that I applied last year in Aug. I see the same position again today.

The SB didn't found suitable candidates for 1 year, someone joined and left again or they are just building up their pool of candidates ala "fake" ads?

Did you dye ur hair?

Unregistered 01-05-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118013)
op is probably saying that he/she wants to dye hair but does not want the colour to diminish his/her chances..... isn't it normal for people to want to dye hair? LOL

It is normal for anyone including animals or what we call beats to do whatever they please.

Then to op, go have a look at beautyundercover, 2016 article, try to fit into 1 of the 5 females. Them being AD @ MAS, and so on.

Hope he/she gets the job after dying hair.

Unregistered 01-05-2019 02:25 PM

Just dye a simple black or dark brown, do well for the interview and hope you get the job. After you got the job, do well, pass probation, build good relationship with your boss and colleagues, then you are free to dye it to lighter shades of brown. No matter what job (unless you interviewing for hair stylist or fashion blogger), first impression counts. Without knowing exactly what kind of culture the department is and the personality of your hiring manager, the safest thing you can do is to be subtle and simple in how you look. If you need references, go to the website of the organisation you are interviewing for, usually they will have pictures of people in their website in the career page, those images are style that your should follow.

Good luck.

cityscream 01-05-2019 05:05 PM

Hi all. I went for an interview with a SB and thereafter i was asked to complete a g50 form. Does anybody know how long this will take to clear? (I believe they can only make a formal offer upon clearance. Thanks :)

Unregistered 01-05-2019 07:16 PM

I was told to submit my NS certificate of service.. Is the certificate that certify I completed NS enough or must I include the one with the performance/conduct grade? Does "Fair" conduct grade affect hiring chances?

Unregistered 01-05-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cityscream (Post 118039)
Hi all. I went for an interview with a SB and thereafter i was asked to complete a g50 form. Does anybody know how long this will take to clear? (I believe they can only make a formal offer upon clearance. Thanks :)

Woah. G50. I'm assuming you are a fresh grad applying to a Ministry or some department which deals with classified stuff.

G50 consist of checks down your family tree. Usually it would stop at your relatives (parents bros and sis), not including their children. In rare cases, their children. If that deep, ur social life too is at risk of being checked too (not really a risk but more of a probability).

So… With so much, it takes time. I remember mine for clearance till Secret @ Mindef, took 3.5 weeks despite an urgent tag on it.