Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

alex86 01-04-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211605)
You must be that idiot who can't differentiate right and left hand drive said Singaporeans can drive in Germany. Micron is run by so many foreigners and you have to compete with them, why give yourself so, much trouble? Why don't you just start in singtel and you won't even have to worry about competiton, when it is time to promote, you will promote, why do you want to trade an easy life for the kind of life in micron? Semicon is dying not only in Singapore, it is dying everywhere. You serve micron until head injured?

Hey hothead !! Pay respect to whom gives information !!! We will know whether it's true or not on May.

Disclaimer: I'm not Micron employee, got an offer and denied

new here 01-04-2022 11:01 AM

I'm totally shocked to see rude commenters here. I didn't offend anyone i believe. Anyway, again like i've said, i will not be affected by the trolls, I just hope to provide some insights/information for whoever needs it. Thanks Alex86 for understanding.
I will still stay around in case anyone truly wants to know more. I am happy to share.

Like what Alex mentioned, those doubters, please wait and see after 1st May, no need to go into insults. Thanks.

new here 01-04-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211605)
You must be that idiot who can't differentiate right and left hand drive said Singaporeans can drive in Germany. Micron is run by so many foreigners and you have to compete with them, why give yourself so, much trouble? Why don't you just start in singtel and you won't even have to worry about competiton, when it is time to promote, you will promote, why do you want to trade an easy life for the kind of life in micron? Semicon is dying not only in Singapore, it is dying everywhere. You serve micron until head injured?

"Semicon is dying not only in Singapore, it is dying everywhere" I LOL hard at this comment. Please get yourself updated. It's for your own good.
I hope you are not applying to join Micron, because we want people with growth mindset, to continuously develop and improve, and get rewarded accordingly. I don't know what is the culture in Singtel, so I don't intend to comment on it.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 11:29 AM

Actually I dont see the point of Micron offers 5k to fresh grad. Globalfoundries offers 3.7-3.9 for fresh grad, SSMC, STM about the same as Globalfoundries, UMC not sure but I think ard 4k oso.

Why Micron need to offer 5k? Does NAND price/profit increase? Else the labour cost will be crazy. Btw, Micron has a lot of Malaysia fresh grad engineer, like u say there will be overall salary adjustment, they also receive 5k??

Unregistered 01-04-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex86 (Post 211614)
Hey hothead !! Pay respect to whom gives information !!! We will know whether it's true or not on May.

Disclaimer: I'm not Micron employee, got an offer and denied

bro wat. u should literally have lead with that in ur original post LOL pls dont come here and give inaccurate info that cannot be substantiated, u might mislead ppl otherwise. u have lost all credibility by not even being in micron. literally just another rando spouting ****

Unregistered 01-04-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211242)

Here comes the compensation, the executives have shared that with effect from 1 May, new fresh grad hires will be getting a flat rate of 5k. First class honours will be given additional SGD10k worth of stocks.
I have more to type, but I think that's enough. Feel free to Google what I wrote regarding the CEO, the WEF lighthouse, great place to work etc. These are all public information.

Since the executives shared with the company, show some proof that there is a salary raise then. If you dont have substance to prove right now and keep saying 'please wait and see after 1st May', of course people say you serve micron until kum gong la

If OP so scared to show here, send your linkedIn profile. I will personally DM you to ask. I really want you to prove me wrong about the salary

new here 01-04-2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211621)
Actually I dont see the point of Micron offers 5k to fresh grad. Globalfoundries offers 3.7-3.9 for fresh grad, SSMC, STM about the same as Globalfoundries, UMC not sure but I think ard 4k oso.

Why Micron need to offer 5k? Does NAND price/profit increase? Else the labour cost will be crazy. Btw, Micron has a lot of Malaysia fresh grad engineer, like u say there will be overall salary adjustment, they also receive 5k??

I have provided the answer as to why there will be a stiff competition for talent in the industry. Let me share some quotes from my previous posts:

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211595)
All I know is the new Gf fab will be operational on 2023, new UMC fab will be operational in 2024, new infineon AI hub will be operational on 2023 and the second ASML factory in Singapore will open in early 2023. Please go google to see all these news.

I don't know if 1st May is the right time for the pay adjustment, but given all the expansion news, does it not make sense for talent competition to enter new heights? Does it not make sense to hike the salary in view of this strong competition?

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211242)
Lastly, semicon manufacturing is not dying in Singapore. In fact, we have been expanding non-stop since I joined Micron in 2013. If you ready the news, global foundries is building a new fab in SG, UMC has recently announced to build a second fab in SG. ASML just opened a new production plant in SG and has committed to expand further in SG. I expect to hear more of such semicon expansion news in SG in the coming months or even years. With the world entering a digital era that heavily relies on 5G, AI, electric vehicles, satellite application, cloud/data center etc, we are now just at the beginning of the digital revolution. Demand for semicon is assured of the next 5-10 years in a conservative sense.

I have a lot of information shared by the executives on the outlook for memory business which will outpace other semiconductor as the use of AI will demand much more NAND memory as compared to other semiconductor components. However, I cannot share those since they are classified for internal use only. I tried to find online for memory outlook analysis, but many reports are paid-reports.
Please feel free to search online for any available reports, or interviews that can provide you some insights on semiconductor growth.

Let me share some other publicly-available information, like Micron's Q2 financial report released just a few days ago. s://.zdnet.com/article/micron-stock-jumps-as-fyq2-results-outlook-top-expectations/

Ultimately we just need to look around us, do we all agree that semiconductor (specifically memory) is increasingly important for strategic applications include EV, 5G, AI, datacenters etc? If yes, naturally the industry will boom. The whole world including Taiwan, Japan, China, America, Singapore, Malaysia, europe, and even India are wooing semiconductor to invest in their country.

Yes labour cost will increase. But don't forget this market pie is getting bigger and bigger, revenue and profit is also increasing. (You may see the micron Q2 earnings report above. Micron CEO has already made a bold decision at the beginning of FY'22 that Micron will make the highest revenue in micron history. Now half a year has gone and we are well on track for the record.)

Lastly, 5k applies to all, regardless of nationality in Micron Singapore.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211593)
Let me repeat once again: 5k effective from 1st May.
Don't ask me why HR refuse to tell potential new hire on the eventual 5k, but from my understanding after 1st May, whoever got hired with less than 5k will see the necessary adjustment. Let's wait and see. Time will tell.

don’t know means don’t know. stop trying to smoke your way with us here

Unregistered 01-04-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new here (Post 211644)
I have provided the answer as to why there will be a stiff competition for talent in the industry. Let me share some quotes from my previous posts:

I have a lot of information shared by the executives on the outlook for memory business which will outpace other semiconductor as the use of AI will demand much more NAND memory as compared to other semiconductor components. However, I cannot share those since they are classified for internal use only. I tried to find online for memory outlook analysis, but many reports are paid-reports.
Please feel free to search online for any available reports, or interviews that can provide you some insights on semiconductor growth.

Let me share some other publicly-available information, like Micron's Q2 financial report released just a few days ago. s://.zdnet.com/article/micron-stock-jumps-as-fyq2-results-outlook-top-expectations/

Ultimately we just need to look around us, do we all agree that semiconductor (specifically memory) is increasingly important for strategic applications include EV, 5G, AI, datacenters etc? If yes, naturally the industry will boom. The whole world including Taiwan, Japan, China, America, Singapore, Malaysia, europe, and even India are wooing semiconductor to invest in their country.

Yes labour cost will increase. But don't forget this market pie is getting bigger and bigger, revenue and profit is also increasing. (You may see the micron Q2 earnings report above. Micron CEO has already made a bold decision at the beginning of FY'22 that Micron will make the highest revenue in micron history. Now half a year has gone and we are well on track for the record.)

Lastly, 5k applies to all, regardless of nationality in Micron Singapore.

k, wanna share ur linkedin with us so we can verify bo?

Unregistered 01-04-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211622)
bro wat. u should literally have lead with that in ur original post LOL pls dont come here and give inaccurate info that cannot be substantiated, u might mislead ppl otherwise. u have lost all credibility by not even being in micron. literally just another rando spouting ****

aiya this forum full of nonsense de, but this “new here” guy like machiam spreading “rumours” by typing essays to get ppl to jump into micron ah. what’s the matter, high turnover rate ah?