Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2022 02:19 PM

Still at this??
All I can say is that salary is dependent on your value add. If you can't stand the competitive environment to keep your pay and your job, please stick to your singtel. Micron is not for anybody.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211831)
Still at this??
All I can say is that salary is dependent on your value add. If you can't stand the competitive environment to keep your pay and your job, please stick to your singtel. Micron is not for anybody.

What makes you think Singtel isn't competitive?

And why are people comparing singtel to micron? It's such a dumb thing to do. Obviously the OP who initially asked is being dumb as well. They are different industries and you do different stuff. In micron you do manufacturing. In Singtel, whether you are in SMAP or MAP, you probably wont be doing manufacturing. If you wish to compare micron to another company, do it with other companies that offer manufacturing roles like globalfoundries or GSK

Unregistered 02-04-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211818)
woah wtf, really 5k for fresh grad. people who went for today's recruitment just had info

like what the above guy said, make sure they not tryna scam u by including AWS then say oh no 13th month cause we factor in alr or OT pay or some nonsense like that. if rly revise to 5k flat then congrats brother.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211845)
What makes you think Singtel isn't competitive?

And why are people comparing singtel to micron? It's such a dumb thing to do. Obviously the OP who initially asked is being dumb as well. They are different industries and you do different stuff. In micron you do manufacturing. In Singtel, whether you are in SMAP or MAP, you probably wont be doing manufacturing. If you wish to compare micron to another company, do it with other companies that offer manufacturing roles like globalfoundries or GSK

Lol... very sure you never worked in GLC before.

New here 02-04-2022 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211849)
like what the above guy said, make sure they not tryna scam u by including AWS then say oh no 13th month cause we factor in alr or OT pay or some nonsense like that. if rly revise to 5k flat then congrats brother.

5k is base salary. There will be ot allowance, shift allowance(if you do shift) as well. There will be AWS as well in addition and also bonus which we call "Incentive pay plan" (IPP).

I know there will be question on the 6.2k OT cap. This OT cap will be raised. The Management is still working on it, and not ready to announce the details to the managers yet. Basically with the new hire rate increased to 5k, it triggers a chain effect to the salary of the existing engineers:
1. There will be the "salary compression" for the existing engineers to go above 5k.
2. With minimum pay as 5k, the current 6.2k OT cap will no longer make sense. Therefore cap will be raised. (Details not known yet)
3.With engineer OT cap raised, there will be concern on staying as engineer is more attractive than being a manager, therefore I also hear of news that there will be a pay review for managers in conjunction with the OT cap raise.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211849)

dont think any company will factor in OT pay in monthly base pay, but afaik they're revising the pay to 5k.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211859)
5k is base salary. There will be ot allowance, shift allowance(if you do shift) as well. There will be AWS as well in addition and also bonus which we call "Incentive pay plan" (IPP).

I know there will be question on the 6.2k OT cap. This OT cap will be raised. The Management is still working on it, and not ready to announce the details to the managers yet. Basically with the new hire rate increased to 5k, it triggers a chain effect to the salary of the existing engineers:
1. There will be the "salary compression" for the existing engineers to go above 5k.
2. With minimum pay as 5k, the current 6.2k OT cap will no longer make sense. Therefore cap will be raised. (Details not known yet)
3.With engineer OT cap raised, there will be concern on staying as engineer is more attractive than being a manager, therefore I also hear of news that there will be a pay review for managers in conjunction with the OT cap raise.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I googled about "salary compression" and seems not good though. This might be unfair for the existing employee who contributed more and getting paid very close to the new hire
s://.payscale.com/compensation-trends/what-is-pay-compression-and-how-do-you-address-it/

Work life balance threshold can be inflated too... but it's good, better than nothing

Unregistered 02-04-2022 05:00 PM

5k too little alr

Unregistered 02-04-2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211770)
During Micron fireside chat with NTU year 4s, their talent management team claimed they did a salary review for fresh grads, and it's 5k for all new recruits starting this year, regardless of class of honours, with some sort of stock bonus for first class.

They are mass hiring. Almost every month got engagement/talks with students.

Fascinating. Can you share the exact name of this mass recruitment event and when did they host it?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 05:20 PM

looks like the rumors are more or less true. congrats to micron peeps :) keep up the good fight. if the news is true, shows that micron respects its workforce enough. tho i studied engineering but i jumped to tech instead as the growth potential seems to be higher. to each their own.