Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 14-11-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260364)
After a C- or below, you subsequently need 3 years with C or above before you may be considered for promotion again. It's standard, though exceptions may be granted for outstanding improvement.

Does C grade qualify one for promotion? Isn’t it minimum C+ to be considered for promotion?

Unregistered 15-11-2023 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260402)
Does C grade qualify one for promotion? Isn’t it minimum C+ to be considered for promotion?

Consistent Cs are good enough but your promotion will be slightly slower you will then be promoted based on YIS.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260402)

C grade is the minimum before the panel is allowed to put up an officer for promotion or for HR to flag the officer for promotion. This does not mean that the officer will be promoted; it just means that they MAY be considered. This is in contrast to the officer getting C- or below, where they WILL NOT be considered for promotion.

No such thing as minimum C+ to be considered for promotion. What you are describing is an observed trend where officers getting better performance grades are more likely to be promoted, which is reasonable. However, there are also some C graders getting promoted, such as officers receiving cohort promotions or those who have spent many many years at their previous grade without any significant performance or disciplinary shortcomings.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260429)
Consistent Cs are good enough but your promotion will be slightly slower you will then be promoted based on YIS.

does that mean if u get some C+, then years required to promote will be fewer?

and if get some B, even fewer?

Unregistered 15-11-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260433)
does that mean if u get some C+, then years required to promote will be fewer?

and if get some B, even fewer?

Typically, but perf grade is not the only factor, neither is it a major factor. i.e. if you try to plot the data you won't get a linear relationship between perf grade and time between promotions.

Other factors like CEP and how hard your bosses fight and push for you (hard truth) are more significant.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260434)
Typically, but perf grade is not the only factor, neither is it a major factor. i.e. if you try to plot the data you won't get a linear relationship between perf grade and time between promotions.

Other factors like CEP and how hard your bosses fight and push for you (hard truth) are more significant.

I heard CEP has been scrapped? Anyone able to confirm?

Unregistered 15-11-2023 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260437)
I heard CEP has been scrapped? Anyone able to confirm?

Most of the rest of the civil service has moved on to a different system where a certain "measure" of potential is assigned to officers who are assessed to have potential to take on leadership appointments. It is in spirit still quite similar to CEP, although not every officer would have one by default.

MOE is taking a slower approach in rolling out changes to CEP for education officers, but there is definitely going to be an overhaul of the existing system and it could be similar to the LP system described above.

If you look for the "Work Review Form (Closed Section)" in MOE Intranet, that is still in use as of now. Draw your own conclusions from that. Don't ask people to break confidentiality on public forums please.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260434)

RO makes a lot of difference. Two of us joined the service the same time, same gender, same school. She has an RO who fought for her. Received a C, C+, C+ and a B and got promoted to GEO4. Me on the other hand has been a straight B since day 1 with an RO who is known to not be bothered to fight for her JHs. Five Bs later and I'm still GEO3. Sigh

Unregistered 16-11-2023 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260475)
RO makes a lot of difference. Two of us joined the service the same time, same gender, same school. She has an RO who fought for her. Received a C, C+, C+ and a B and got promoted to GEO4. Me on the other hand has been a straight B since day 1 with an RO who is known to not be bothered to fight for her JHs. Five Bs later and I'm still GEO3. Sigh

If your RO did not speak for you, you would not have gotten straight Bs

Unregistered 16-11-2023 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260475)

Your CEP is lower.