Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Tinkermaster 06-10-2022 09:01 PM

Should have ended with Supt coming around to calibrate and to endorse

Tinkermaster 06-10-2022 09:05 PM

Usually it also depends on your CEP and performance across the years and whether you are doing your role at the expected grade. e.g SH is at SEO 1 and HOD at SEO 2 etc... So one can be stucked there for a long while after you reached your ceiling. I know of HODs who are at SEO 1 but did not get to SEO 2 even after that had struck their ceiling. Worst, is they are very good performers, so then it plays down to your CEP as well.

Unregistered 06-10-2022 10:02 PM

is it possible to be internally appointed as kp as geo3?

Unregistered 07-10-2022 06:49 AM

Oct pay

May I ask if you all are able to see the amount of Oct pay reflected under your remuneration statement in workpal?

Unregistered 07-10-2022 08:07 AM

Yes, and the salary range as well. All info under "salary revision letter" either in Hrp portal or workpal.

Unregistered 07-10-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232088)
If you are a mid career switcher, it's a common issue. MOE usually starts mid-career switchers at GEO3. If they have a lot of relevant past experience, they will start near the ceiling and end up stuck at the ceiling for some time while they serve out the minimum time in grade.

If you are a 1st career teacher but are stuck at the ceiling of geo3 or geo4.. then you have below average advancement prospects. If you are not aspiring to climb the ladder, no big deal. If you want to climb the ladder, maybe redirect your energy and aspirations elsewhere.

"while they serve out the minimum time in grade" - what is the min time in GEO3?

I was stuck at the ceiling for 3 years until the recent pay raise. And with the increment, i'll have another year before i'm stuck again at the new ceiling.

Unregistered 07-10-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232156)
"while they serve out the minimum time in grade" - what is the min time in GEO3?

You expect to get this sort of information on the public domain?

Unregistered 07-10-2022 10:49 AM

have been in GEO 4 for 6 years and counting...during these 6 years, I was given many projects and performed my roles to the best of my ability. During work review, I would always be told that I am doing fine. But year and again, I would be passed on for promotion while my peers (even those who had fewer projects and opportunities or in service for fewer years than me) were promoted and had already caught up or surpassed me.

I really do not know how to bring this issue up to my RO...my aim is actually to just get promoted to the next rank (GEO 5).

Unregistered 07-10-2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232161)
have been in GEO 4 for 6 years and counting...during these 6 years, I was given many projects and performed my roles to the best of my ability. During work review, I would always be told that I am doing fine. But year and again, I would be passed on for promotion while my peers (even those who had fewer projects and opportunities or in service for fewer years than me) were promoted and had already caught up or surpassed me.

I really do not know how to bring this issue up to my RO...my aim is actually to just get promoted to the next rank (GEO 5).

Time based about there…about 7yrs

Unregistered 07-10-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232187)
Time based about there…about 7yrs

So I should just let it be and if I don't mess up (continue to get average grade of C/C+), I will be promoted in 2023 or 2024?