Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 01-10-2022 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231656)
Geo 5- 5%. Totally expected this…a useless and undermined sub grade. They know that this is a bunch of teachers who won’t be leaving the service and so the increment is also the lowest. I can get it why the more junior grades are given a higher increment

Not untrue, but on the plus side there's the upcoming GEO5A. We still don't know how exactly that will be implemented - I'm hoping that the ceiling will be somewhere midpoint of current GEO5 and SEO1 (about 9k?), and that the deserving HOTs (e.g. consistently B/C+) can be promoted within the next 1-2 years. But who knows, at this point…

Quote:

but giving the SEO a higher percentage of pay raise when they are drawing so much more just doesn’t make sense to me. Oh wait, these are the exact people who initiated the pay raise. Ahhhh, I got it.
This particular segment is probably inaccurate. My guess is that the ones involved are more likely to be MX personnel in HR, endorsed by superscale officers (and admin service).

Unregistered 01-10-2022 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231656)
Geo 5- 5%. Totally expected this…a useless and undermined sub grade. They know that this is a bunch of teachers who won’t be leaving the service and so the increment is also the lowest. I can get it why the more junior grades are given a higher increment

Not untrue, but on the plus side there's the upcoming GEO5A. We still don't know how exactly that will be implemented - I'm hoping that the ceiling will be somewhere midpoint of current GEO5 and SEO1 (about 9k?), and that the deserving HOTs (e.g. consistently B/C+) can be promoted within the next 1-2 years. But who knows, at this point…

Unregistered 01-10-2022 08:06 AM

Quote:

but giving the SEO a higher percentage of pay raise when they are drawing so much more just doesn’t make sense to me. Oh wait, these are the exact people who initiated the pay raise. Ahhhh, I got it.
This second part is probably inaccurate. My guess is that the ones involved are more likely to be MX personnel in HR, endorsed by superscale officers (and admin service).

Unregistered 01-10-2022 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231672)

Ranking at GEO5A level will be stressful with all the better performers grouped together. Workload is going to get crazier

Unregistered 01-10-2022 08:14 AM

You can always choose to look at your P’s door. It’s always open for u to choose another path. Stop whining

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231659)
GEO 4 here. Look left, my GEO 3 counterparts getting 9%, look left, my SEO colleagues getting 8%... in life, got young children to take care of and old parents to support. Sandwiched in responsibilities in life, sandwiched in salary revision as well. Such is life.

MKES seem to be different though. Normal teachers are getting about 10% while senior roles such as Centre Heads getting 5%. If only it works the same for GEOs/SEOs

Unregistered 01-10-2022 08:26 AM

Lotsa useless geo5a wannabe initiatives incoming?

Unregistered 01-10-2022 09:04 AM

After doing all possible calculations and predictions, I kinda pity GEO4 KPs the most.

The biggest winners seem to be dinosaur KPs sitting and waiting for retirement in 3 to 5 years time.

Unregistered 01-10-2022 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231675)
You can always choose to look at your P’s door. It’s always open for u to choose another path. Stop whining

Don't be a party pooper. Whining? Which subgrade are you at? It's ok, don't need to share. Don't assume for others until you are in their shoes.

Unregistered 01-10-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231678)
After doing all possible calculations and predictions, I kinda pity GEO4 KPs the most.

The biggest winners seem to be dinosaur KPs sitting and waiting for retirement in 3 to 5 years time.

True true sucks to be them!!!

Unregistered 01-10-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231668)
GEO 2 (trained) how many percent ?

10% increase, ceiling 5200