Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 28-03-2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210778)
It's not based on performance grade. In a hypothetical example, a PSC scholar in the teaching service getting straight C grades would almost always get promoted faster than a non-scholar getting a mix of C+ and Bs.

Promotion is quite a myth. Many say it is based on CEP but from my observation, that is not quite true either.

Unregistered 28-03-2022 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210893)
Promotion is quite a myth. Many say it is based on CEP but from my observation, that is not quite true either.

Non-scholar Female, 29 this year
2017 PGDE
2018 C
2019 C+ Promoted to GEO3
2020 C+
2021 B
2022 A
Still haven’t got GEO4, is this normal?

Unregistered 28-03-2022 06:52 PM

Edited for accuracy

Geo1 - 2LT
Geo2/3 - LTA
Geo4/5 - CPT
SEO1- lower MAJ
SEO2-3- Higher Major
Superscale- LTC onwards

Unregistered 28-03-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210900)
Edited for accuracy

Geo1 - 2LT
Geo2/3 - LTA
Geo4/5 - CPT
SEO1- lower MAJ
SEO2-3- Higher Major
Superscale- LTC onwards

CPT pay ceiling is 6+ without extras. Geo 5 ceiling is 7.8. so would geo 5 be lower major?

Unregistered 28-03-2022 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210899)
Non-scholar Female, 29 this year
2017 PGDE
2018 C
2019 C+ Promoted to GEO3
2020 C+
2021 B
2022 A
Still haven’t got GEO4, is this normal?

Yup, it's a mixed bag for the 2017 PGDE batch. The high tier scholars (PSC, EMS, TSO) were promoted either last April or now.

For the rest, there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern. There are HOT non-scholars getting promoted, and there are go-getter NSman internal appointment holders who got As and Bs but are going to be GEO3 for at least another year.

There's no pattern. Wish HR was less opaque about how they do it.

Source: from 2017 pgde batch

Unregistered 28-03-2022 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210922)
Yup, it's a mixed bag for the 2017 PGDE batch. The high tier scholars (PSC, EMS, TSO) were promoted either last April or now.

For the rest, there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern. There are HOT non-scholars getting promoted, and there are go-getter NSman internal appointment holders who got As and Bs but are going to be GEO3 for at least another year.

There's no pattern. Wish HR was less opaque about how they do it.

Source: from 2017 pgde batch

want transparent go do sales, how much commission you earn is solely dependant on your effort

Unregistered 28-03-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210924)
want transparent go do sales, how much commission you earn is solely dependant on your effort

You feel it's not reasonable to expect transparency from the civil service in terms of career progression milestones? :/

After all the CS prides itself on transparency in protocol, finances, conduct of business with contractors, communication, etc.. but they cannot tell their own employees whether they have good prospects or whether they're wasting their time. Nice la.

Unregistered 28-03-2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210930)
You feel it's not reasonable to expect transparency from the civil service in terms of career progression milestones? :/

After all the CS prides itself on transparency in protocol, finances, conduct of business with contractors, communication, etc.. but they cannot tell their own employees whether they have good prospects or whether they're wasting their time. Nice la.

Cannot because when you ask HR point blank on transparency for any progression criteria, they will say they want to avoid “gaming behaviour”. True story.

Unregistered 28-03-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210941)
Cannot because when you ask HR point blank on transparency for any progression criteria, they will say they want to avoid “gaming behaviour”. True story.

Yeah hahaha but their solution to counter gaming behaviour is to turn promotions into a partial lottery by introducing a randomness/luck element to it? Wow

Unregistered 28-03-2022 10:28 PM

Any kps here can share how is ur workload like compared to normal teachers? Kps have less teaching load, more free periods for admin. What time do u usually end work? Need to work on weekends? Compared to normal teachers who have full teaching load and at the same time, need to do admin & run after school programmes, do u still think being a kp makes u more busy?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2