Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 06-01-2020 08:14 PM

do they accept nursing graduates?

Unregistered 07-01-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127869)
do they accept nursing graduates?

Yes why not. Most probably will be deployed to teach science or bio.

Unregistered 08-01-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127888)
Yes why not. Most probably will be deployed to teach science or bio.

Depends on the education before that.

But if you didn't do A levels before your nursing degree in NUS.

Most probably you would be deployed to primary. That's where the needs lie in.

Even more so for MK teachers. These days, MOE is really selective. The new teachers who came in either mid career or fresh grade, they really have stellar achievements.

Unregistered 08-01-2020 08:45 PM

This is an open secret. most teachers are from local universities, nus, ntu.

For overseas grads, many are from renowned ones where they spent their studies overseas. Distance learning not included

Have more scholars these days as New teachers actually.

Unregistered 09-01-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127867)
If I apply for HQ position or other secondment positions, I'd need to go through interviews with the receiving organizations right?

Apply to anywhere also need. Even if you are applying into another school as a regular teacher (non-KP or teacher-leader), you will still need to be interviewed by the receiving school.

confusedandblur 09-01-2020 04:26 PM

Hi all, am just hopping on this platform to gather some thoughts/opinions ��

Currently GEO3 and have been teaching for 5 years. I am so tired and jaded (which I believe all of us will experience at some point) hence I am seriously thinking about applying for No Pay Leave.

I’ve tried to look it up online but no to avail. Didn’t want to ask colleagues as I’m afraid of judgements placed on me.

I’m gonna use health reasons to apply for NPL - went thru surgery last year and may need to go thru it again this year. Stress is a contributing factor to my condition. Not sure if it’ll be accepted but I still wanna try.

Does anyone know what’s the procedure to apply? Am planning to take about 3-4months off work to travel around the world etc. Also, any advice on how I can reduce the jadedness in this career?

Many thanks fellow Teachers..

Unregistered 09-01-2020 06:07 PM

Essentially, your P will need to approve it.

First step is to bring it up with your RO - alternatively, you could consider approaching your P directly about it instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by confusedandblur (Post 127949)

Currently GEO3 and have been teaching for 5 years. I am so tired and jaded (which I believe all of us will experience at some point) hence I am seriously thinking about applying for No Pay Leave.

I’ve tried to look it up online but no to avail. Didn’t want to ask colleagues as I’m afraid of judgements placed on me.

I’m gonna use health reasons to apply for NPL - went thru surgery last year and may need to go thru it again this year. Stress is a contributing factor to my condition. Not sure if it’ll be accepted but I still wanna try.

Does anyone know what’s the procedure to apply? Am planning to take about 3-4months off work to travel around the world etc. Also, any advice on how I can reduce the jadedness in this career?

Unregistered 09-01-2020 07:37 PM

Can anyone share the criteria for promotion?

Unregistered 09-01-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by confusedandblur (Post 127949)

For NPL of less than 6 months, the approving officer is your principal.

But bear in mind, I have seen my fair share of teachers who wanted to apply for NPL. Principal rejected. In the end these teacher resigned.

If you are going for surgery, then there is no need to take NPL. Take HL instead.

Unregistered 09-01-2020 08:43 PM

Performance Bonus Quantum

Performance Bonus Quantum for this year will be low compared to previous years. Do take note.