Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2024 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273818)
Could I ask when emails were sent out?

If you're asking now, it means you didn't get it this cycle.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 09:00 PM

So is it true that the PB for the following year, after you have been promoted, is a default C? If so, why would the officer want to work beyond what is required?

Unregistered 04-04-2024 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273854)
So is it true that the PB for the following year, after you have been promoted, is a default C? If so, why would the officer want to work beyond what is required?

its a myth. i have gotten minimally c+ for 2x promo

Unregistered 04-04-2024 09:20 PM

Sorry, I had logged in to HRP but I’m still unable to locate my MI and promotion increment.

I was a GEO 4, promoted to GEO 5 this year.

PB is A grade.

Unregistered 04-04-2024 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273845)
Why not bring forward the school engagment survey to May, instead of the usual Term 3 period?

The sentiments on the ground are more real after PB and promotion had been announced.

It is also an indicator if the school excutive management team had done a fair appraisal.

There PRECISELY why not to do the survey at that time
Why would anyone do something like a survey when ppl are emotional rather than calm?

Unregistered 05-04-2024 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273854)

Not true at all. Have gotten C+ and A in promotion years before.

Unregistered 05-04-2024 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273845)
Why not bring forward the school engagment survey to May, instead of the usual Term 3 period?

The sentiments on the ground are more real after PB and promotion had been announced.

It is also an indicator if the school excutive management team had done a fair appraisal.

Let's see..

Fair = Me getting an A or B grade
Unfair =Me getting a C grade

Unregistered 05-04-2024 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273960)
Let's see..

Fair = Me getting an A or B grade
Unfair =Me getting a C grade

Exactly.

On a separate note, i dun understand why would pple call C grade a good grade when many of us are indoctrinate that C5, C6 is not a good grade in the Os,... C is not good grade at As, C grade is a CAP/CPA killer at NUS or other unis... then now trs need to conditioned to be told that C+/C/C- is a good grade. weird.

Unregistered 05-04-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273962)
Exactly.

On a separate note, i dun understand why would pple call C grade a good grade when many of us are indoctrinate that C5, C6 is not a good grade in the Os,... C is not good grade at As, C grade is a CAP/CPA killer at NUS or other unis... then now trs need to conditioned to be told that C+/C/C- is a good grade. weird.

well if everyone kp who do KPs lord over?
sadly instead of unleashing human potential for infinite possibilities, the education service replicates power hierarchies.

and hence the need to resort to lies to subdue the masses ie non KPs so they feel motivated to work n keep the system replicating itself .

Unregistered 05-04-2024 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273962)
Exactly.

not apple to apple comparison