Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 27-03-2024 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272717)
no recourse to appeal . hr afterall has decided. i had my C- some few years ago i think 2017 n i got promoted only last year to geo 5. spent a total of 9.5 years on geo 4 . this is despite me having a FCH.

I have finished 8 years as a GEO4 and still no news of promotion. Never received any adverse grades before. Not sure why it is so slow. Should I call HR to ask?

Unregistered 27-03-2024 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272716)
If my school promoted the 2018 GEO3s, then we are left with 4 GEO3s in the whole school, average year in service is 5 years. Two of them are quite outstanding too. The other two are thinking of quitting. Would there be a time when there are no more GEO3s in the school?

Possible. My school has less than 10 GEO3s left also, and most are BTs

Unregistered 27-03-2024 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272717)
no recourse to appeal . hr afterall has decided. i had my C- some few years ago i think 2017 n i got promoted only last year to geo 5. spent a total of 9.5 years on geo 4 . this is despite me having a FCH.

Once you start service, your FCH has no relevance to your work appraisal performance. If you got a C-, it just means you are a below average officer who therefore should have more dwell time in your current substantive grade.

Unregistered 27-03-2024 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272661)
I also 2018 GEO 3. My peers have been promoted to GEO 4 but I am yet to be promoted to GEO 4. All cos I have a C- back in 2020. Crucifixion indeed. 3 years of getting C's wont get me anywhere I guess. Or maybe I should appeal?

getting C- won't be considered for promotion for 3 years

2020 rankings not considered
2021 rankings not considered
2022 rankings not considered
2023 rankings considered for promotion
promote April 2024 onwards?

seems like a lot of teachers got C- in 2020

Unregistered 27-03-2024 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272729)
Once you start service, your FCH has no relevance to your work appraisal performance. If you got a C-, it just means you are a below average officer who therefore should have more dwell time in your current substantive grade.

What's FCH?

Unregistered 27-03-2024 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272739)
What's FCH?

first class honours

Unregistered 27-03-2024 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272729)

not entirely true as promotion is dependent by work done as reflected by performance grading and CEP

Unregistered 28-03-2024 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272736)

these 3 years are a crucifixion indeed. how will i know if i am eligible again? from 2021 2022 and 2023, i got all C's with the highest PB. Like that also not eligible? When i found out that i was not on the promotion list, i actually felt I have no self-worth. Like in the eyes of HR, am I worthless and useless? am I so horrible to the point that I am in the same sub-grade as a BT who just got their GEO 3? my batch mates have left service while I am the fool who wasted my youth to bite the bullet, persevere but it amounts to nothing. Then at the end of the day what will they say? that you are lousy, never improve, others improve faster than you and all the bs or those nitty gritty things to try to bring you down.

Unregistered 28-03-2024 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272736)

these 3 years are a crucifixion indeed. how will i know if i am eligible again? from 2021 2022 and 2023, i got all C's with the highest PB. Like that also not eligible? When i found out that i was not on the promotion list, i actually felt I have no self-worth. Like in the eyes of HR, am I worthless and useless? am I so horrible to the point that I am in the same sub-grade as a BT who just got their GEO 3? my batch mates have left service while I am the fool who wasted my youth to bite the bullet, persevere but it amounts to nothing. Then at the end of the day what will they say? that you are lousy, never improve, others improve faster than you and all the bs or those nitty gritty things to try to bring you down?

Unregistered 28-03-2024 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272742)
not entirely true as promotion is dependent by work done as reflected by performance grading and CEP

A lot of misconception of promotion floating on this forum, can share some perspectives.

1) Promotion has slowed down. This is unpleasant for some of us who have colleagues who enjoyed the rapid accelerated promotion in the 90s. Call it luck. It is life. No need to compare.

2) C grade is for people who perform at their job. It sounds unpleasant. But the number of hours spent teaching your students/consultations/competitions are all already paid to you in your salary. Don’t complain that others can wayang better. If you want to stand out, then prove to everyone that you are doing more. Use social media. Use the internet. Dont think small. But how many are willing to other than complain?