Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   STOP THE MISINFORMATION: SG Salary Guides For Accounting, Banking, Finance & IT (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1734-stop-misinformation-sg-salary-guides-accounting-banking-finance.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2012 11:53 AM

Ocbc avp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23193)
I’m sure they dun pay AVP at 6.5k also rite?

OCBC AVP here with about 7 years of working experience. I'm taking home only $6k a month so that probably makes me a seriously underpaid staff here. Last bonus received was about 4.7 months.

Unregistered 02-04-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23199)
OCBC AVP here with about 7 years of working experience. I'm taking home only $6k a month so that probably makes me a seriously underpaid staff here. Last bonus received was about 4.7 months.

Erm yar, this is quite bad. Only equivalent to Assistant Managers in non-banks...

Unregistered 02-04-2012 12:19 PM

Ocbc avp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23200)
Erm yar, this is quite bad. Only equivalent to Assistant Managers in non-banks...

Sadly, this is the real-life average pay of a back-end office staff for local banks... Way way lower than the superstar pays quoted by some people in salary.sg forum. As far as I know, most of the non-sales bank staff are getting around this pay. AVPs pay can range quite substantially though as there'll be a lot of hentataki staff stuck at this level with maxed out experience, and probably maxed out pay in terms of their salary ceiling. Still, it is providing a very comfortable life for a normal peasant like me in Singapore.

Unregistered 02-04-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23202)
Sadly, this is the real-life average pay of a back-end office staff for local banks... Way way lower than the superstar pays quoted by some people in salary.sg forum. As far as I know, most of the non-sales bank staff are getting around this pay. AVPs pay can range quite substantially though as there'll be a lot of hentataki staff stuck at this level with maxed out experience, and probably maxed out pay in terms of their salary ceiling. Still, it is providing a very comfortable life for a normal peasant like me in Singapore.

Dun be so pessimistic..if u are unaware, u are already making 100k p.a. for 7 yrs working exp. It's not bad really. Also, as u already know, AVP pay range is big..there was another AVP local bank guy making abt 9k, somewhere much earlier in this forum. Non sales also. So u never know...

Unregistered 02-04-2012 01:56 PM

Ocbc avp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23207)
Dun be so pessimistic..if u are unaware, u are already making 100k p.a. for 7 yrs working exp. It's not bad really. Also, as u already know, AVP pay range is big..there was another AVP local bank guy making abt 9k, somewhere much earlier in this forum. Non sales also. So u never know...

Not being pessimistic. Nobody's ever satisfied with their pay but I'm quite contented with what I'm getting. The reason for my post is more for those who are interested to find out... and for them to manage their expectations should they feel they want to come into banking. Not every role in the banking sector pays superstar renumerations. If you are able to make it to a VP level, which not everyone WILL BE ABLE TO HIT, then you'll be able to live off quite comfortably. If not, AVPs do pay quite well if you are an average Singaporean.

Unregistered 02-04-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23210)
Not being pessimistic. Nobody's ever satisfied with their pay but I'm quite contented with what I'm getting. The reason for my post is more for those who are interested to find out... and for them to manage their expectations should they feel they want to come into banking. Not every role in the banking sector pays superstar renumerations. If you are able to make it to a VP level, which not everyone WILL BE ABLE TO HIT, then you'll be able to live off quite comfortably. If not, AVPs do pay quite well if you are an average Singaporean.

I guess if ur happy it’s OK.

But you should consider move out of banking, it seems your pay progression is so slow there really is no point in you remaining there. Might as well get a AM equivalent job in a MNC and maybe still got prospect to promote to manager and maybe even senior manager…

Unregistered 02-04-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23202)

In your own opinion, if you continue in the financial industry (maybe hop to another bank), what's the max salary you can hit in your career?

OCBC AVP 02-04-2012 03:28 PM

Avp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23213)
In your own opinion, if you continue in the financial industry (maybe hop to another bank), what's the max salary you can hit in your career?

If I'm optimistic, I'd say $15k per month with an annual of close to $200k is the absolutely highest I can reach... and that will probably will when I'm in my 40s. Lotsa people here are already hitting that figure in their early 20s if you choose to believe them. so, again, I'm probably one of the slowest in terms of progression. Personally, my target is to try and hit $10k pm by the time I close in on 40yo.

Unregistered 02-04-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBC AVP (Post 23215)
If I'm optimistic, I'd say $15k per month with an annual of close to $200k is the absolutely highest I can reach... and that will probably will when I'm in my 40s. Lotsa people here are already hitting that figure in their early 20s if you choose to believe them. so, again, I'm probably one of the slowest in terms of progression. Personally, my target is to try and hit $10k pm by the time I close in on 40yo.

I think you are being modest. Those who hit 200k in their "early 20s" are the outermost outliers.

Most people never ever hit 100k in their entire lives.

Unregistered 02-04-2012 03:40 PM

avp pay varies a lot la, from 5.5k to 15k just dont stay in local bank