Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   STOP THE MISINFORMATION: SG Salary Guides For Accounting, Banking, Finance & IT (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1734-stop-misinformation-sg-salary-guides-accounting-banking-finance.html)

Bean 29-02-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21481)
6 years to hit 125K is not impossible. But it's whether you have the luck to enter such companies & whether you can tahan. Esso and UBS offer such kinda salary.

My fren in earned 6000 after 6 yrs in Esso plus his bonus everything it's more 125K. Another fren of mine in UBS, 7K after 7 yrs ...also abt 125K .

Esso is = exxon mobil ???

exxon mobil annual package = 15 mth only

6000 x 15 = 90000, where got 125k??

Unregistered 29-02-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 21502)
Esso is = exxon mobil ???

exxon mobil annual package = 15 mth only

6000 x 15 = 90000, where got 125k??

He's talking about the Esso pump attendant.

Unregistered 01-03-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyHush (Post 21295)
Hoping to clear up some doubts and mis-information with regards to salaries in SG. These are the latest salary report guides by Robert Half SG for 2011:

Banking & Financial Services Salary Guide 2011 by Robert Half:
(Mid and Back office only)
- Product Control, 6-9yrs exp, 120-200k
- Credit Risk, 6-9yrs exp, 120-200k
- Market Risk, 6-9yrs exp, 130-200k,

So as you can see, even for mid and back office roles, they do get quite a bit, so not everyone on the forum are being outlandish. I can't find the FO roles like IBD, S&T, ER, AM. Will update this when I find it, or perhaps someone could PM me.

SG Finance & Accounting Salary Guide 2011 by Robert Half

- Finance Manager, 6-9yrs exp, 110-140k
- Internal Auditor, 6-9yrs exp, 85-120k
- Tax Manager, 6-9yrs exp, 110-140k

SG Technology Salary Guide 2011 by Robert Half

- IT manager, 6-9 yrs exp, 125-145k
- Project Manager, 6-9 yrs exp, 100-125k
- Systems Admin, 6-9 yrs exp, 100-125k

No wonder the number of truly skilled engineers are rapidly decreasing... :(

Unregistered 01-04-2012 08:52 AM

Salary

Look here for real salary
Singapore Salaries | Glassdoor

Unregistered 01-04-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23136)

These are surveyed salaries, as real as the NUS/NTU/SMU grad surveys.

The most real numbers are from Iras and certified true copies of payslips.

Unregistered 01-04-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23136)

Glassdoor is the worst source to get salary info, anyone can apply for a user id and key in whatever number they want.

Unregistered 01-04-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23149)
Glassdoor is the worst source to get salary info, anyone can apply for a user id and key in whatever number they want.

Maybe, but the salary looks more down to earth compared to Robert Half.

It put the average salary of a AVP in DBS as 78K pa and it is a "looks ok" number unless the person deflate his salary (most people then to inflate).

Hence from this basis I think the Glassdoor is reliable.

Unregistered 01-04-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23149)

Yes it can be done, but would u do that? Have u created a userid just to go in and put a fake salary? I think there will be some jobless, childish people who have a lot of time to spare..but i suspect this sample size is very small.

And as mentioned in the post above, fakers are more likely to inflate, than deflate their salary. So, i do think glassdoor's figures would be more reliable than most recruitment consultants..

Unregistered 01-04-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23150)
Maybe, but the salary looks more down to earth compared to Robert Half.

It put the average salary of a AVP in DBS as 78K pa and it is a "looks ok" number unless the person deflate his salary (most people then to inflate).

Hence from this basis I think the Glassdoor is reliable.

You are basically looking at Glassdoor and concluding they are more reliable because the numbers are lower or "down to earth".

The fact is you have no idea how much DBS AVP is paying unless you can access their HRIS system. You are just concluding it is more OK because you think DBS AVP should be paid at around 78k.

I for one do not believe DBS AVP is paid at 78k, it's way too low, works out to only 6.5k p.m. Very unlikely.

Unregistered 01-04-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23171)
You are basically looking at Glassdoor and concluding they are more reliable because the numbers are lower or "down to earth".

The fact is you have no idea how much DBS AVP is paying unless you can access their HRIS system. You are just concluding it is more OK because you think DBS AVP should be paid at around 78k.

I for one do not believe DBS AVP is paid at 78k, it's way too low, works out to only 6.5k p.m. Very unlikely.

We all do not know unless we are a DBS AVP. But we can make intelligent conclusion based on simple common sense.

1. Who (Robert Half or the contributor of Glassdoor) has more incentive to inflate salary?
2. How likely is a contributor to Glassdoor to defllate the salary of DBS AVP?

My common sense tell me
1. Robert Half has an incentive to inflate salary stated.
2. A contrinbutor to Glassdoor is less likely to deflate his/her salary and hence when he/her state that is his AVP salary is 78K it is likely he/her is stating the truth and not lying.

Both of use do not have access to DBS AVP salary but your conclusion is based on simply "gut feel" without any logic while mine is based on simple analysis and common sense.