Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 19-04-2023 09:59 AM

wonder whats the hiring lag / down-time like?

apply 1 job in Jan 2023
supposed within 4 weeks will have accept/rejection outcome

no official news yet
ask for the status update via the AI website
given another 2-3 weeks

so why so slow to reject for what wey?

Unregistered 21-04-2023 08:39 PM

should i wait?

Hi guys need advice.

I've been selected for a posting and am waiting for G50 clearance. However, I'm aware that there's a chance clearance may fail. Hence, instead of waiting for about 1-2 more months without knowing whether i will fail or pass and get the offer, is it okay for me to take a job offer elsewhere first then quit if mindef offer me? Would it cause any complication to my mindef hiring process if i do this? i also need income so cannot wait indefinitely...

Unregistered 22-04-2023 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246791)
Hi guys need advice.

I've been selected for a posting and am waiting for G50 clearance. However, I'm aware that there's a chance clearance may fail. Hence, instead of waiting for about 1-2 more months without knowing whether i will fail or pass and get the offer, is it okay for me to take a job offer elsewhere first then quit if mindef offer me? Would it cause any complication to my mindef hiring process if i do this? i also need income so cannot wait indefinitely...

Up to you.

Unregistered 22-04-2023 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246791)
Hi guys need advice.

why u so certain u gonna fail the G50?

can understand the limbo feel of wait in between or take one job in the interim

Unregistered 23-04-2023 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246826)
why u so certain u gonna fail the G50?

can understand the limbo feel of wait in between or take one job in the interim

hey! i guess cause i've heard of stories and seen posts where people share they failed the G50 clearance so i know it's a possibility and worst case scenario that i'm prepared for xD
(though i'm not sure how hard is it to fail g50 clearance)

but thanks for understanding! yeah the limbo applies a lot of unemployment pressure on me too which exacerbates my worries.

Unregistered 23-04-2023 11:55 AM

Hi all, I received a verbal offer last week and am pending security and medical clearance. As I am joining from another ministry and my potential new boss told me he will chase HR, will my G50 clearance be faster ?

Thanks

Unregistered 23-04-2023 05:19 PM

What level is a deputy director at mindef?

What's the pay like?

Any figure or range?

Unregistered 23-04-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246893)
What level is a deputy director at mindef?

What's the pay like?

Any figure or range?

DD is at least an DX14 post. you probably will oversee an entire branch. pay wise, I estimate to be at least 11k onwards. you probably need alot of experience to even apply for this job.

Unregistered 23-04-2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246877)
Hi all, I received a verbal offer last week and am pending security and medical clearance. As I am joining from another ministry and my potential new boss told me he will chase HR, will my G50 clearance be faster ?

Thanks

hi there. no point worrying i guess. nothing much your boss can do also. you minimally can expect to wait 1 more month. If you are clearing higher security clearance, then even longer.

Unregistered 24-04-2023 06:35 PM

does anyone know what’s the starting salary for Manager (Contract Execution), as i’m going to an interview next month.