Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 04-01-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237867)
did u even went through the so called clearance? it is just a simple form, people overimagine and overcomplicate things because they hear this and that, theres nothing mindblown in that area. Is as good as u go thru the process in a private company, just that their HR/IT/security/HOD are more prompt to move to the next step, totally opposite from here. A good heads up and workplace expectation to those joining soon

Bro not sure what clearance you go through, its more complicated than this and there's more that meets the eye

Unregistered 04-01-2023 08:46 PM

Hi all, just got a call after 5 weeks from interview. Really gave up already but no news is good news I guess. But they said it would be another 2-3 months before they can even draft an offer.

Unregistered 04-01-2023 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238156)
Hi all, just got a call after 5 weeks from interview. Really gave up already but no news is good news I guess. But they said it would be another 2-3 months before they can even draft an offer.

damn...did they say why it's gonna be another 2-3 months? and which department did u apply to

Unregistered 05-01-2023 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238159)
damn...did they say why it's gonna be another 2-3 months? and which department did u apply to

Prob they spend the few months to clear another person, got rejected and then find the second choice

Unregistered 05-01-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238155)
Bro not sure what clearance you go through, its more complicated than this and there's more that meets the eye

lol. u trying to reassure and fool yourself or this clueless community? Pls dont spread false information. if u seen before a G50 form, it is very simple. Even the DXO form is also very simple. This is the same as u go through the application forms in private sector. I dislike people like you that spreads false information through annoy forum and confuse potential job seekers that are purely just looking for useful information here.

Unregistered 05-01-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Congrats! Doesnt matter if u are 2nd choice or 3rd choice, this is a good career path for your next 20-30 years you will outearn many of your peers. Do not let others here confuse you as many here are not even shortlisted for an interview. MINDEF is definitely one of the specialized agencies that pays better than other govt agencies. And comparing the additional benefits, like what others have shared in the forum earlier, is very attractive. If you like the job, just wait for it, the offer will come. Welcome to the DXO family.

Unregistered 05-01-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238194)
Congrats! Doesnt matter if u are 2nd choice or 3rd choice, this is a good career path for your next 20-30 years you will outearn many of your peers. Do not let others here confuse you as many here are not even shortlisted for an interview. MINDEF is definitely one of the specialized agencies that pays better than other govt agencies. And comparing the additional benefits, like what others have shared in the forum earlier, is very attractive. If you like the job, just wait for it, the offer will come. Welcome to the DXO family.

Are you a guy or girl?

Unregistered 05-01-2023 12:39 PM

Quote:

Wow that's damn long and without an official offer also. So there wasn't any indication that they wanted to hire you until this verbal offer? The extra 2-3 months is clearance? Thought some people here mentioned that the offer would be presented before proceeding with clearance to avoid wasting everyone's time in case the package is not within expectations.

Unregistered 05-01-2023 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238194)

Thank you! I do hope to stay for a long time should I get the offer :)

Unregistered 05-01-2023 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238205)
Wow that's damn long and without an official offer also. So there wasn't any indication that they wanted to hire you until this verbal offer? The extra 2-3 months is clearance? Thought some people here mentioned that the offer would be presented before proceeding with clearance to avoid wasting everyone's time in case the package is not within expectations.

They did reveal the salary during the phone call. Yes I believe the 2-3 months is for clearance.