Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 08-10-2021 12:50 AM

U went for the interview already?

Unregistered 10-10-2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185625)
Has anyone received an outcome i.e. offer or rejection from SID yet? thanks in advance!

Will they update you if you’ve been rejected? Or will they just not give any updates? I’m also waiting.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185794)
Will they update you if you’ve been rejected? Or will they just not give any updates? I’m also waiting.

I'm wondering abt this too. If you noticed on the website they have a information on the full recruitment process but so far the actual recruitment experience has not quite been as per what's detailed on the website. So I'm starting to think that they might not even inform you about rejections, at least not so soon. Perhaps it's in their interests to just keep your details on file? I'm not 100% sure but this is what I think.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185797)
I'm wondering abt this too. If you noticed on the website they have a information on the full recruitment process but so far the actual recruitment experience has not quite been as per what's detailed on the website. So I'm starting to think that they might not even inform you about rejections, at least not so soon. Perhaps it's in their interests to just keep your details on file? I'm not 100% sure but this is what I think.

Yeah I do feel it's kind of a bummer, that so far the application process has been so clouded in secrecy that applicants are not even sure where or who to enquire with regards to application status.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 09:27 AM

I think its shared quite a lot in the past that mindef will inform u if ur rejected and no news means good news?

Anyway isnt this normal part of recruitment whether they either inform or ghost u? Is this only the first or 2nd job u guys have ever applied?

After numerous job applications, ive learnt to not hope for it and move on to the next one if there are no replies.

And it is quite obvious they want to be discreet when theyve used postman to email us.

If u guys are new to this, at least please read up past pages on this thread even though it was on DXO, i reckon its something similar. If u get SID ur job needs to do some research anyway. U can start with digging this thread for a start.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185803)
I think its shared quite a lot in the past that mindef will inform u if ur rejected and no news means good news?

Anyway isnt this normal part of recruitment whether they either inform or ghost u? Is this only the first or 2nd job u guys have ever applied?

After numerous job applications, ive learnt to not hope for it and move on to the next one if there are no replies.

And it is quite obvious they want to be discreet when theyve used postman to email us.

If u guys are new to this, at least please read up past pages on this thread even though it was on DXO, i reckon its something similar. If u get SID ur job needs to do some research anyway. U can start with digging this thread for a start.

Well it's pretty normal to be ghosted on unsuccessful job application. But having an Faq section on the recruitment portal that says applicants will be informed of unsuccessful applications, plus more than a month of waiting without getting without any rejection notification? People will naturally start to wonder.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185625)
Has anyone received an outcome i.e. offer or rejection from SID yet? thanks in advance!

No news is good news. It very much depends which batch of application you fall under. Wish you all the best!

Unregistered 12-10-2021 01:00 PM

Anyone knows what the MSD vetting/interview entails? Are they just gonna ask you about what u put in the G50?

Unregistered 12-10-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185973)
Anyone knows what the MSD vetting/interview entails? Are they just gonna ask you about what u put in the G50?

what kind of post did u apply for?

Unregistered 12-10-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185980)
what kind of post did u apply for?

Non-polygraph and non-SID role. Policy-making.