Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 26-09-2017 03:41 PM

I went for PT on 4 Sep, still no outcome.

Unregistered 26-09-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100426)
Hi , thanks for the info mate! May i know whether i will be certaintly called up for interview?

Normally Mindef takes about 2-3 weeks to call you up for interview. In regardless of whether you are required to take the psychometric test

Unregistered 26-09-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99789)
There is a written test which is 30min and my interview is about 20min. I go in and I was so nervous.

May i know what is the written test on?

Unregistered 27-09-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100437)
Normally Mindef takes about 2-3 weeks to call you up for interview. In regardless of whether you are required to take the psychometric test

Hi! Thanks for the info! Hope i can get thru the interview!

Unregistered 27-09-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100431)
I went for PT on 4 Sep, still no outcome.

No news may mean good news. Likelihood they are still processing yr application for interview? I attended PT on 6Sep and received unsuccessful email this week.

Good luck

Unregistered 27-09-2017 05:36 PM

will they send an email if you're rejected at unit preview stage?

Unregistered 28-09-2017 04:49 PM

I have taken the psychometric test on 8 Sep, however, till now i have not received any email, it has been already approximately 3 weeks. May i know am i supposed to email them to ask them for the progress or continue waiting since applicants in this forum have waited for a even longer time to get a response back?

Additionally, while waiting for a response from them, is it okay if i continue applying for new positions? I have seen MINDEF posted a new position and i am interested in applying. So, do i submit a new application or just state my interest to the HR personnel i am corresponding with?

Any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Unregistered 28-09-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100486)
I have taken the psychometric test on 8 Sep, however, till now i have not received any email, it has been already approximately 3 weeks. May i know am i supposed to email them to ask them for the progress or continue waiting since applicants in this forum have waited for a even longer time to get a response back?

Additionally, while waiting for a response from them, is it okay if i continue applying for new positions? I have seen MINDEF posted a new position and i am interested in applying. So, do i submit a new application or just state my interest to the HR personnel i am corresponding with?

You could email the HR rep who scheduled you for the PT, though most likely s/he will say still processing. My personal opinion is to wait for HR's reply before you go about applying for other positions; do note that they will take into account the same PT results when reviewing any other applications for interview. Hence there could be 4 possible scenarios based on HR's reply: 1) you get notified for an interview for the position you first applied for; 2) application still processing; 3) rejected for an interview but welcome to apply for other positions; and 4) outright rejection (don't bother to try reapplying). So depending on their response, you can then make your next move.

Unregistered 28-09-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100459)
will they send an email if you're rejected at unit preview stage?

Anyone can help with this pls? If they send an email is it exactly 2 weeks after unit preview or longer than that?

Unregistered 28-09-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100486)

There are a few scenarios

1) You have not received any emails, please wait for an email update by the HR before applying. Applying for multiple roles reflects that you do not have passion for the job that you are applying. This will reflect poorly on your job application

2) Received Email for interview. Congrats

3) Rejected from interview but welcome for other postions. This means your psychometric test results do pass the requirements, just that there may be better applicants out there for your current job application

4) Outright rejection. Don't bother reapplying. Your psychometric test results are lousy