Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 04-09-2016 11:40 AM

!.5 week still havent receive any email for PT.. anyone else facing the same thing ??
Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 90105)
For fresh grad, what is the chance of low GPA to get in as DXO?

my GPA is 2.7 only

should I just don't even think of applying?

Just apply.. who knows u might get lucky?? but u must be aware that the process is very long.. (so u might want to keep a lookout for other jobs while waiting)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90120)
I'm not sure how frequent that happens to not get the job despite verbal offer? I am waiting for the results of my security clearance as I was told on the day of the medical checkup that I'm fit for employment. Will update again if I receive news from the HR..

idk how true is it or how many either.. just saw that some ppl posted that they went their medical and getting their clearance and only to be told months later that they failed to get the job..

kind of unprofessional.. especially no reasons was given.. though its a verbal confirmation only, but it doesnt make sense that suddenly they tell u, u didnt make it after a long wait (assuming ur medical and clearance dont have any prob)

Seetee 05-09-2016 12:44 PM

How long?

How long should I wait for an interview after the PT? Can any nice soul advise An average waiting time? Took my pt on 23aug, till now still silent :/

Unregistered 05-09-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90125)
!.5 week still havent receive any email for PT.. anyone else facing the same thing ??
Just apply.. who knows u might get lucky?? but u must be aware that the process is very long.. (so u might want to keep a lookout for other jobs while waiting)
idk how true is it or how many either.. just saw that some ppl posted that they went their medical and getting their clearance and only to be told months later that they failed to get the job..

kind of unprofessional.. especially no reasons was given.. though its a verbal confirmation only, but it doesnt make sense that suddenly they tell u, u didnt make it after a long wait (assuming ur medical and clearance dont have any prob)

Were they given a verbal offer?

Unregistered 05-09-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seetee (Post 90150)
How long should I wait for an interview after the PT? Can any nice soul advise An average waiting time? Took my pt on 23aug, till now still silent :/

I also took it on 23 Aug.

Have read from Page 1 and more or less understood.

Shortlisted for PT doesn't mean a thing. Other than waiting for the PT results, which if you aren't rejected by now you should be fine, the agency also waits for a hidden amount of people to apply and pass their PT in order to carry out interviews for a group within a short period of time.

In short, if you applied for a niche position, expect a good wait.

Have read that some were contacted only 2 months after their PT.

Good luck to you too.

Unregistered 05-09-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90155)
Were they given a verbal offer?

I guess so.. Some stated that they were given verbal confirmation, can't be sure for all.. But that's probably just some.. Who knows the actual numbers haha

But then to get to medical and security clearance stage.. Isn't it already more or less the final stage where u definitely must had completed your interviews and site viewing and more or less the final candidate

Almost 2 weeks of waiting.. Yet to receive any mail from them for my PT.. Anyone got rejected even before PT stage?

Seetee 05-09-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90162)
I also took it on 23 Aug.

Have read from Page 1 and more or less understood.

Shortlisted for PT doesn't mean a thing. Other than waiting for the PT results, which if you aren't rejected by now you should be fine, the agency also waits for a hidden amount of people to apply and pass their PT in order to carry out interviews for a group within a short period of time.

In short, if you applied for a niche position, expect a good wait.

Have read that some were contacted only 2 months after their PT.

Good luck to you too.

Yeap, thanks! Just have to wait for news since processing might take a while.
I got called up for the PT cause my mum's friend recommended me, so not sure if they'll still contact me if anything. Hopefully both of us gets good news soon!

Unregistered 06-09-2016 03:33 PM

Market Adjustment Component

Any idea if there is Market Adjustment Component (MAC) for DXO personnel?

mxbk 06-09-2016 03:38 PM

Does anyone know if there'll be a rejection email if we do get rejected after the unit preview?

Unregistered 07-09-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxbk (Post 90192)
Does anyone know if there'll be a rejection email if we do get rejected after the unit preview?

Yes, according to reply from previous pages.. And u can apply for another position again.. Read that someone here had the job after 3 attempts 0.0

Unregistered 07-09-2016 05:28 PM

how to check result for Psycho test? 4 weeks no email