Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Any Arts and Social Sciences Grads here? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1629-any-arts-social-sciences-grads-here.html)

Unregistered 23-12-2011 07:59 PM

Arts and Sci Grads

Arts and Science 2nd Upper Grad here, working in an investment bank backoffice earning
5k a month, not alot of money - but i guess when you have a lousy philosophy degree, working in the backoffice is all you can look forward to =p

Unregistered 23-12-2011 08:00 PM

29 year old NUS Arts and Social Sciences 2nd Upper Grad here, working in an investment bank backoffice earning 5k a month, not alot of money (compared to alot of pple here) - but i guess when you have a lousy philosophy degree, working in the backoffice is all you can look forward to =p

Unregistered 23-12-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19034)
29 year old NUS Arts and Social Sciences 2nd Upper Grad here, working in an investment bank backoffice earning 5k a month, not alot of money (compared to alot of pple here) - but i guess when you have a lousy philosophy degree, working in the backoffice is all you can look forward to =p

Wah solid man..u're male or female? But how many mths bonus u expecting? 0-1 mth?

Liverpool 24-12-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19034)

I have one IB fren in ops. He said he is worried his job may get outsourced to India.

Unregistered 25-12-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liverpool (Post 19048)
I have one IB fren in ops. He said he is worried his job may get outsourced to India.

Migrate to India!

Unregistered 26-12-2011 08:51 PM

Backoffice dog

1-2 months if i'm lucky..heh - its really a crapshoot, seriously do something more strategic instead of operations, its for the brain dead.

Unregistered 26-12-2011 08:53 PM

backoffice ops

i'm male la..haiz..

Unregistered 27-12-2011 09:39 AM

Arts & soci grad here, 2nd lower in economics, graduated in 2005 now in a foreign bank as a credit controller.

Although basic is quite high close to 12k, bonus usually very low over here about 2-3 months.

Arts Grad 27-12-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19101)
Arts & soci grad here, 2nd lower in economics, graduated in 2005 now in a foreign bank as a credit controller.

Although basic is quite high close to 12k, bonus usually very low over here about 2-3 months.

Wow..u're paid close to 12k within 6 yrs of graduation? That's damn amazing for someone who's not in front office. Credit/product controllers are really earning sh^tlo*ds of cash lately..are u AVP/associate director or VP/Director?

Unregistered 27-12-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19084)
1-2 months if i'm lucky..heh - its really a crapshoot, seriously do something more strategic instead of operations, its for the brain dead.

I think u can take comfort in your pay..it's quite gd for someone your age. Yea, sure BO work is amazingly boring and robotic but when u work in an investment bank, at least u can tell your female frens "I work in JPM/Goldman/Barcap" and they swoon in awe..