Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Restructured hospital salaries (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1516-restructured-hospital-salaries.html)

qwertyman 17-09-2011 02:53 PM

Restructured hospital salaries

Can anyone help out here?

I am working in a restructured hospital in a operations dept.

Have a degree with 3 yrs exp of healthcare, and handling 3 teams of 18 staff, with 3 supervisory staff reporting directly to me.

Currently earning slightly than $3.2k...
I think its below mkt rate. Can anyone advise? Will a Pte hospital be paying more?

Unregistered 17-09-2011 05:09 PM

Can I know how much is the annual increment for degree holder in hospital?
How many month bonus inclusive AWS?

Unregistered 17-09-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16340)
Can I know how much is the annual increment for degree holder in hospital?
How many month bonus inclusive AWS?

Annual increment abt 150- 250.

performance bonus can range from 1.5 to 2.5 mths. but on the whole, average bonus per year, you can expect abt 4 months bonus (inclusive of AWS, performance bonus, etc)

Unregistered 19-09-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyman (Post 16339)

Have a degree with 3 yrs exp of healthcare, and handling 3 teams of 18 staff, with 3 supervisory staff reporting directly to me.

I think its below mkt rate. Can anyone advise? Will a Pte hospital be paying more?

Ops environment is like that one lar. If you start at ~2.5k and after 3 years 3.2k seems quite standard to me.

You cannot use no. of ppl reporting to you to gauge salary one. In ops because you are dealing with low level employees, so having a degree automatically makes you having many people under you, this is nothing unqiue.

My first job in PSA ops also had about 21 people report to me. Basic $2.7k but have to run long shift hr dam siong.

healthiswealth 19-09-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyman (Post 16339)

If you simply look at the monthly salary figure, it may seem small. But you should be looking at the annual package which should include AWS, performance and other bonuses.

Other private healthcare groups, though they give higher monthly salary figure, may not have those other perks & bonuses you enjoy in restructured hospitals. Am sure you've got ex-colleagues or friends who moved to private healthcare cluster. You should get more info from them on their overall annual packages.

Look at annual compensation figures.

Unregistered 19-09-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthiswealth (Post 16367)
If you simply look at the monthly salary figure, it may seem small. But you should be looking at the annual package which should include AWS, performance and other bonuses.

Other private healthcare groups, though they give higher monthly salary figure, may not have those other perks & bonuses you enjoy in restructured hospitals. Am sure you've got ex-colleagues or friends who moved to private healthcare cluster. You should get more info from them on their overall annual packages.

Look at annual compensation figures.

base on the $3200/mth, annual package = 16 x 3200 = $51200

someone posted annual increment about = $150-$200

promotion increment = ??? (someone please provide info here)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got close to 4 years of engineering (project management) exp from private sector GLC.
2nd lower NTU
male with NS

Let say if I join Singhealth as an quality executive in one of Singapore's hospitals, like SGH, AH, CGH, or poly clinic or heart centre, dental centre....etc .

How much will I be:
-paid per month?
-paid per annum?

What will be my entry grade?

moi current annual salary = $67000

Unregistered 19-09-2011 11:30 PM

generally, RH monthly pay can be low but bonus could be high.

tomyP 20-09-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16370)
base on the $3200/mth, annual package = 16 x 3200 = $51200

someone posted annual increment about = $150-$200

promotion increment = ??? (someone please provide info here)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got close to 4 years of engineering (project management) exp from private sector GLC.
2nd lower NTU
male with NS

Let say if I join Singhealth as an quality executive in one of Singapore's hospitals, like SGH, AH, CGH, or poly clinic or heart centre, dental centre....etc .

How much will I be:
-paid per month?
-paid per annum?

moi current annual salary = $67000

Hate to tell you, no way a quality executive in hospital can match your pay. All in bonus, AWS etc. at most $55000. Max per month likely $3500.

Unregistered 11-11-2011 01:23 AM

Grade Structure and Pay scale

Anybody in a RH could verify the grade structure and pay scale?

How is the environment and career progression? is it slow?

Thanks~

Unregistered 23-11-2011 11:10 AM

Updates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17919)
Anybody in a RH could verify the grade structure and pay scale?

How is the environment and career progression? is it slow?

Thanks~

Any news on this?

darkstar 22-01-2014 08:29 AM

I got close to 4 years of program and course administration as planner from private sector SMEs.

Normal pass degree, non-local uni.
male with NS

Let say if I join Singhealth as an executive in one of Singapore's hospitals, like SGH, or NUH

How much will I be:
-paid per month?
-paid per annum?
-Potental increment
-Annual bonuses

my current annual salary = $37920

joey 22-06-2014 07:31 PM

Hmm..if ive 1 year of exp, how much can i ask for if i apply for an executive post in a public hospital. Currently drawing 2580 a month. Can anyone advise on their annual increment and average bonus per yr?

Really lost at the moment. Any advice or comments greatly appreciated..

Unregistered 25-07-2014 03:57 PM

To reply a really dated question on RH, bonus is 2-3 months, and AWS. Bonus is however paid out seperately (Apr, July, Dec (AWS).

If you are good career progression can be really quick. There are a few high fliers who get promoted every year. However, benefits are poor in the company.

Exec post in public hospital you can ask for 2.8-3k. And also depends if your one year experience is relevant or applicable to the post you are applying for.

Unregistered 24-07-2015 12:21 PM

sharing of experience

Reviving the thread.

Had my first experience at at a RH and it was tough..real tough. Peers from other departments are not receptive as we have to work cross department. Lots of power struggle as all the leaders and HODs trying to move up, which creates silos and protectionism. Overall mood was chaotic and constant change of direction from the top/HODs. Understand it's transitioning (hospital a bit less well established) but very worried that this is the norm as silos everywhere. Thinking of leaving (either joining a more established hospital) or going back to previously field (more technical).

Any thoughts? Would another hospital be different? Bros and sis here kind to share your experience working (and staying) in RH? Understand that the RHs are hiring many people with non-healthcare background to run the operations (lack of talents and the shrinking of the banking and engineering pie for locals esp with the FTs, pushing many from these sectors esp the locals to the booming healthcare space), and the RS, from what I have seen at the middle and upper management level pretty much prefer locals (even with little or no healthcare experience)

Unregistered 25-07-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70483)
Reviving the thread.

Had my first experience at at a RH and it was tough..real tough. Peers from other departments are not receptive as we have to work cross department. Lots of power struggle as all the leaders and HODs trying to move up, which creates silos and protectionism. Overall mood was chaotic and constant change of direction from the top/HODs. Understand it's transitioning (hospital a bit less well established) but very worried that this is the norm as silos everywhere. Thinking of leaving (either joining a more established hospital) or going back to previously field (more technical).

Any thoughts? Would another hospital be different? Bros and sis here kind to share your experience working (and staying) in RH? Understand that the RHs are hiring many people with non-healthcare background to run the operations (lack of talents and the shrinking of the banking and engineering pie for locals esp with the FTs, pushing many from these sectors esp the locals to the booming healthcare space), and the RS, from what I have seen at the middle and upper management level pretty much prefer locals (even with little or no healthcare experience)

The problem with RH especially the admin & support side is that those who are good, come in shake their head in disgust & leave in a short while. Those left are the CMI who cannot get anything outside and become vicious cycle. Lousy environment attract lousy people and productivity and work level keep dropping.

Of course the higher ups just blame everything on tough manpower market, pay not good, cannot go for extreme profits like pte sector, but I think the main thing is more really lousy leadership.

Unregistered 26-07-2015 10:38 PM

Thanks for the opinion. The turnover in healthcare admin/ops do seem higher than usual as people tend not to stay over 2 - 3 years. The reason many joined at the admin side (I was told) is it's a field that will always be in demand. Some were layoffs from banking/manufacturing etc who ran operations.

Guess the availability of the talent pool cannot keep up with the rate of expansion of the healthcare infrastructure, that's why they have to settle for second rate leadership?

Vsen 06-12-2015 08:21 PM

Body Test Xanax

Xanax Menstrual Cramp Relief Mixing Adderall And Klonopin Snorting Xanax Lexapro Or Xanax [url=://.netvibes.com/xanax2mg ]buy alprazolam no prescription[/. Xanax Quad Bars Cns Depressant Percocet Xanax Combination Xanax U94 Xanax And Enlarged Prostate . Does Xanax Cause Weight Loss Narrow Angle Glaucoma Alprazolam Cheap Xanax . Cause Anxiety Xanax Overdose Symptoms Haldol Xanax Interactions Xanax Bad For You Severe Anxiety Xanax Relapse Depression Alprazolam Shelf Life Xanax Bars Xanax Online Pictures

goaswind 18-01-2016 10:13 PM

Graduated from Australia university in 2008 Dec can't find a proper job till I landed myself in a restructured hospital in Aug 2009.

Aug 2009: $2640
Aug 2010: $2894 (promotion + AI)
Aug 2011: $3027 (AI)
Aug 2012: $3437 (AI + salary adjustment)
Aug 2013: $4167 (Promotion+ salary adjustment+AI)
Aug 2014: $4600 (change to private hospital)
Aug 2015: $5163 (Promotion + AI)
Now: $5320

Headhunted by another hospital for :$6500

Unregistered 19-01-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goaswind (Post 78309)
Graduated from Australia university in 2008 Dec can't find a proper job till I landed myself in a restructured hospital in Aug 2009.

Aug 2009: $2640
Aug 2010: $2894 (promotion + AI)
Aug 2011: $3027 (AI)
Aug 2012: $3437 (AI + salary adjustment)
Aug 2013: $4167 (Promotion+ salary adjustment+AI)
Aug 2014: $4600 (change to private hospital)
Aug 2015: $5163 (Promotion + AI)
Now: $5320

Headhunted by another hospital for :$6500

May I know wats your appmt at $6500? Snr Mgr grade?

goaswind 19-01-2016 07:21 PM

Still manager

Unregistered 18-04-2016 03:12 PM

How much does an Admin Director earn and what are the benefits?

Just curious about how much does an admin director earn in a restructured hospital

Unregistered 18-04-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83898)
Just curious about how much does an admin director earn in a restructured hospital

Depends on the size of the department. Small department 20-25k, large departments can exceed 30k.

Unregistered 20-04-2016 01:55 PM

you sure or not? I heard that the pay is tied to the job grade. Most pay just above $10K. Don't think they touch $20K.

What is the job grade for Admin Directors?

Unregistered 23-04-2016 05:09 PM

You are right. The directors don't earn $20K to $30K unless they are from medical side. Admin Directors earn $10K to $18K. Bonus wise, overall slightly below civil service or about the same. I think medical benefits better than civil service.

Unregistered 23-04-2016 06:23 PM

Admin Directors got many kind and different job grades. The lower level ones are 15-20k, the more senior ones heading important departments can go above 20k.

Unregistered 15-06-2016 09:13 PM

Can anyone share the salary range for a senior manager in an admin function? Tks

troubledplshelp 21-04-2017 08:39 PM

SGH research coordinator

Hi everyone,

I graduated from a local U and got a job offer by SGH for clinical research coordinator. I heard the turnover rate is very high and they offered me

2.8k for second upper class Hons (honestly I think I'm underpaid)

Was wondering what is the career progression and paygrade like? Why are so many people quitting this job? Does it suck so badly?

Unregistered 21-04-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troubledplshelp (Post 96851)
Hi everyone,

I graduated from a local U and got a job offer by SGH for clinical research coordinator. I heard the turnover rate is very high and they offered me

Was wondering what is the career progression and paygrade like? Why are so many people quitting this job? Does it suck so badly?

Market is very bad now, if you have no other offers can take up first and continue the job search.

Unregistered 23-04-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troubledplshelp (Post 96851)
Hi everyone,

Last I heard there is an unspoken guideline in healthcare that you need at least 3 years of service to be even considered for promotion. Of course during town hall when people ask about this, they will give you politically correct responses like " 3 years is just a guideline, it depends on your performance if you are good you will be considered blah blah.."

In the past was 2 years, recently they changed it to 3 years. Anyone with more info can add on. Slowly farm ba.

Unregistered 23-04-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70573)
The problem with RH especially the admin & support side is that those who are good, come in shake their head in disgust & leave in a short while. Those left are the CMI who cannot get anything outside and become vicious cycle. Lousy environment attract lousy people and productivity and work level keep dropping.

Of course the higher ups just blame everything on tough manpower market, pay not good, cannot go for extreme profits like pte sector, but I think the main thing is more really lousy leadership.

Agree wholeheartedlywith this assessment. Was with a 'new' RH for 2 years. Dreaded going to work every single day.

A lot also depend on your direct boss. If you kena one like mine who is temperamental and constantly giving cryptic instructions, life will be damn miserable.

Unregistered 23-04-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96900)
Agree wholeheartedlywith this assessment. Was with a 'new' RH for 2 years. Dreaded going to work every single day.

A lot also depend on your direct boss. If you kena one like mine who is temperamental and constantly giving cryptic instructions, life will be damn miserable.

Nothing to do with RH lah. Bad boss can happen to any co. in the world. Also promotion every 3 years is normal, too may youngsters just want fake promos every year...

Unregistered 24-02-2018 01:00 AM

Anyone able to share the general salary progression for executive/senior executive post?

Unregistered 02-03-2018 01:34 AM

-

Since I'm here. My advice to those interested in RH jobs is that the work is hard but the salary is good.

As a comparision to MOH, the RH guys earn slightly more than MOH staff. More perks. In terms of work, there are times when u need to work your socks off. But comparing to MOH, the work life balance is slightly better.

U may wanna know y MOH is slightly worse off. It's in the civil service. And yes, its the pay master of all RHIs but MOH is not doing the ground work. Hence, the RHs r slightly btr off.

Unregistered 03-05-2018 12:32 AM

How much salary does a manger make?

Unregistered 21-09-2018 12:39 AM

Switching to another healthcare cluster

Anyone aware if you switch to another healthcare cluster and to a more senior position will get pay raise?

Unregistered 18-10-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110390)
Anyone aware if you switch to another healthcare cluster and to a more senior position will get pay raise?

No poaching policy - no title change and no pay difference.

Unregistered 25-10-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87209)
Can anyone share the salary range for a senior manager in an admin function? Tks

Up to 10.8k.

Unregistered 01-11-2018 06:10 PM

How long does it take to have a promotion at singhealth/ sgh? I have been an executive for 4 years without movement.

Does contract staff even have promotion opportunities?

Unregistered 01-11-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111332)
How long does it take to have a promotion at singhealth/ sgh? I have been an executive for 4 years without movement.

Does contract staff even have promotion opportunities?

how much is your annual increment in % every year over the 4 years.

Unregistered 02-11-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111343)
how much is your annual increment in % every year over the 4 years.

About 4% every year. Been an ‘A’ grader consistently but no promotion. It is very disappointing and demoralising.