Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 10-10-2022 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232337)
You want to work in Singapore, you better up your standards. Singapore economy demands the best and brightest.

We only pick the cream of the crop from the region to come work for us. As a major regional financial centre, our Big 4 client servicing must be top notch. Kuala Lumpur or Penang level of standards is unacceptable.

Anyway you're earning 3:1 here so I don't see why you should be whining. Buck up or be replaced.

They wont get replace 1 la. Middle lvl so many backing. U female just do wad u do best ok liao.

Unregistered 11-10-2022 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232337)
You want to work in Singapore, you better up your standards. Singapore economy demands the best and brightest.

We only pick the cream of the crop from the region to come work for us. As a major regional financial centre, our Big 4 client servicing must be top notch. Kuala Lumpur or Penang level of standards is unacceptable.

Anyway you're earning 3:1 here so I don't see why you should be whining. Buck up or be replaced.

Please dont give this lame reason for not giving the juniors the proper guidance. Always make it a point to run through their sections with them at the start of the audit. Trust me, this will save yourself alot of trouble later on. You are helping yourself, not them.

Unregistered 11-10-2022 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232284)
Is it possible to not get promoted to senior?

And is it really still required to grind till senior or 3yrs then able to get a good job?

It is hard not to be promoted to senior. It is a numbers game. Just put in the hours and you will be fine.

On your second question, you dont even need to enter big 4 to get a good job now.

Unregistered 11-10-2022 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232296)
Hi, no you dont need grind 3 years. There will be 6mths review or double promotion. Provided you have backing like jhk. With support your education qualification and work experience dont matter too much.

In short, you dont need standard 3 years. You need politics.

Please don’t be a loser and insult other nationalities. Big 4 is the place with the least politics and best camaraderie. Wait till you try a few commercial jobs, young kid.

Unregistered 11-10-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232429)
Please don’t be a loser and insult other nationalities. Big 4 is the place with the least politics and best camaraderie. Wait till you try a few commercial jobs, young kid.

Thats y u cant make it to M

Unregistered 11-10-2022 10:55 AM

I really don't understand why ppl would waste time at b4 if they don't want to make partner

Unregistered 11-10-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232440)
I really don't understand why ppl would waste time at b4 if they don't want to make partner

I really don’t understand why people bother taking JC route if their goal is not to get AAA/A and go Computing.

Unregistered 11-10-2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232440)

Becos when grad not good enough to go better place. Need go b4 first to make paper nicer then recruiter will consider. Thats hw the world works.

Unregistered 11-10-2022 06:00 PM

I fked up and now 2 colors hate me, got what exit opp? Banking?

Unregistered 11-10-2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232455)
I fked up and now 2 colors hate me, got what exit opp? Banking?

2 more colours for you.

Or just go banking now and earn twice the amount for half the work.