Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 27-06-2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223599)
Money you earned from hard and honest work is more satisfying than money that comes by easily

big 4 need sluts like you

Unregistered 27-06-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223551)
agreed... if dont like it then why even stay in this field? i work in tech, barely work 40 hrs a week, let alone WFH since 2 years ago

earning 9k after 4 yoe, not bad imo, sure not as good as those IB gods earning 10k with 0 experience and some of u earning 15k with 4 yoe

but on the bright side i get to be stress-free for years. some of u on the other hand i see OTing in the office till 2-3am, that sucks, i dont know how fked is ur physical health, i would be surprised if u live beyond 50 with a work life like that

Which tech firm you work at? Faaang? How did you go from audit to tech pls

Unregistered 27-06-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223604)
Which tech firm you work at? Faaang? How did you go from audit to tech pls

Don’t think it’s possible to transit from audit to tech.

He probably studied harder back in school and made it into computer science.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223606)
Don’t think it’s possible to transit from audit to tech.

He probably studied harder back in school and made it into computer science.

I chose accountancy over tech lol. Accountancy has a linear career path, but I have to agree the the quality of people in this field (especially audit) is rather low these days

Unregistered 28-06-2022 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223563)
the thing is u can do that even if u start in commercial. without the pain of 60-70 hour work weeks.

While I agree it is possible to achieve the same or better if you start in commercial vs going through a few years of audit and jumping to commercial, there is only so many slots available for fresh grads to join a commercial (reputable MNC) straight from university without any experience. In addition, the chance of getting promoted till you reach a salary of 8.5k and above after 7 years is lower if you were to start of in commercial as there are more factors to consider in the commercial world.

Unregistered 28-06-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223660)
While I agree it is possible to achieve the same or better if you start in commercial vs going through a few years of audit and jumping to commercial, there is only so many slots available for fresh grads to join a commercial (reputable MNC) straight from university without any experience. In addition, the chance of getting promoted till you reach a salary of 8.5k and above after 7 years is lower if you were to start of in commercial as there are more factors to consider in the commercial world.

Agree, nowadays fresh grad do not understand the beauty of big 4. Big 4 handsomely rewards staff who stay alongside with them during the tough times. Fresh grads are tempted by instant gratifications at the early stage of their career and lack the foresight. It’s so sad to see so many fresh grads stunting their career growth in such early stage. I rest pity them badly

Unregistered 28-06-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223660)

Lol I think he is trying to go one big round to insulate you are not good enough to get those limited slots.

Unregistered 28-06-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223665)
Agree, nowadays fresh grad do not understand the beauty of big 4. Big 4 handsomely rewards staff who stay alongside with them during the tough times. Fresh grads are tempted by instant gratifications at the early stage of their career and lack the foresight. It’s so sad to see so many fresh grads stunting their career growth in such early stage. I rest pity them badly

Lol jhk english.

Unregistered 28-06-2022 01:35 PM

Funny that big 4 ppl like to assume corporates have slower career progression

But you know one progression in commercial = 20-30% increment plus more bonus

Your “progression”in big 4 barely covers inflation

Good luck trying to make it out once u reach mgr rank and realise there’s 100 + jhk audit mgr like u trying to land a commercial spot and willing to take half your desired pay 💰

Unregistered 28-06-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223614)
I chose accountancy over tech lol. Accountancy has a linear career path, but I have to agree the the quality of people in this field (especially audit) is rather low these days

tech also has a linear path lmfao what are u smoking?

if you join this field it's either

1. you have passion for it despite the decades of OT / bully culture this field has

2. you have connections / talent / opportunities to earn big $$$ and progress fast

3. you're a dumbass, you read some outdated GES survey from 2010s saying big 4 = big money only to realize you got scammed hard so now you're high off copium trying to find every excuse to say that big 4 is great when in reality everyone knows you're internally crying having to OT everyday till 2-3am and looking like you're 50 in your 30s.