Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 16-04-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214134)
Hi guys, I am deciding between the 2 offers -
1) MA program in local bank
2) big 4 audit

Which is better in terms of prospects. Ppl say big 4 starting pay Low but once u can climb and hit partner u are a winner

Assuming you don't have a preference for job scope, the prospect of banks would be better. You start with a higher starting pay, and could potentially be mid management / team lead after a few years out of the programme or play a meaningful/influential part in the products or services that you are in charge of. Maybe you can shift to other parts of the banks, other banks or other firms which value the banking experience.

For audit, you are always playing a catch up in pay. You might feel overworked, but you would definitely underestimate how pathetic your WLB (bubble mentality) is relative to others. There is also minimal meaning / impact / influence for your audit work. It is more about client management / going through motion instead of actual audit work. Some people may think they are helping clients to improve process / accountability, but in actual fact we tend to focus on wrong stuff given that we are not in the industry and do not know what we do not know.

But if you know what you like, then a starting job in audit could potentially be more rewarding than a starting job in banking. I do not see myself doing work related to corporate banking / transaction banking and etc, and prefer to work on things related to financial numbers. I left audit in 1st year senior, and I am glad that me starting off in audit pays off very well in a manner that I had imagined but think is low possibility. But I would really encourage people who want to choose audit over established MA programme by local (DBS) /global to think about what intrinsically motivates you.

Unregistered 16-04-2022 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214135)
lol u guys nid to stop it with the partner dream. u know how many % of fresh grads end up becoming partner?

Tell that to the uncles and aunties who queue up to buy TOTO.

You know what % of buyers end up winning 1m?

Unregistered 16-04-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214129)
Neely M1 getting mid 7K+ is not fake.
Just accept the facts.

Source: I know am a HR in MNCs and when I request prospective candidates for their last drawn payslip.

If u hr u should know finance manger only 6k plus. Unless u are a regional manager or finance ditector etc getting 20k.

Unregistered 16-04-2022 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214176)
If u hr u should know finance manger only 6k plus. Unless u are a regional manager or finance ditector etc getting 20k.

Hmm you are not auditor or you are from sme dept? If you have audited large listed Cos or mncs you should know the fm range is damn huge and way higher than 6k.

But that HR poster is wrong too. He is either referring to kpmg or he mixed up the manager grades.

Unregistered 17-04-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214034)
From what I can gather on mcf, this is the average pay range for a graduate in blue audit now. Take w a pinch of salt.
A1: 3.6
A2: 3.9
S1: 4.5
S2 (with 20%): 5.6
AM: 6.5
M1: 7.6

nope not accurate. im in blue now and if there is an increment, it would be this:

S1: 4.4
S2: 5.5
AM: 6.2
M1: 7

Unregistered 17-04-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214254)
nope not accurate. im in blue now and if there is an increment, it would be this:

Your S2 earn more than our AM? Your AM earn more than our M1?

Sure not

Unregistered 17-04-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214254)

s2 5.5k zhun bo? is it only for audit department cos of the 20%?

Unregistered 17-04-2022 11:20 AM

so many salty ppl lol. now m1 no longer 6k alr, maybe black only but who joins black xD

Unregistered 17-04-2022 12:15 PM

Wah really ag

Unregistered 17-04-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214261)
s2 5.5k zhun bo? is it only for audit department cos of the 20%?

they included the 20% scaq in this scale. also this is not implemented yet and we do not know when will it be implemented. it could be july. as of now we are hiring a lot of msians because department especially audit is lacking huge amount of people. this increase is to attract more local talents because apparently the proportion of foreigners is reaching the threshold and catching attention of MOM