Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-05-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95641)
That seems like a good career. After five years, a accounting graduate is able to earn between $90k to $110? Or more? Is it normal for everyone?

After 5 years in big 4 audit, the gross monthly salary would only be about 5.4k, with a total comp of 75.6k assuming 2 months bonus (good year).

90k after 5 years is only possible if you exit big 4 into industry.

Unregistered 19-05-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95353)
Hi guys, I am new to big 4. Does anyone know if big 4 gives AWS or do they only have performance bonus?

Big 4 does not give AWS, only performance bonus.

Unregistered 22-05-2017 04:00 PM

I was an intern from a big 4 doing general assurance.
I got a perm conversion for the Financial services division. What should I expect and what are the differences in job scope?

Unregistered 23-05-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97511)
I was an intern from a big 4 doing general assurance.
I got a perm conversion for the Financial services division. What should I expect and what are the differences in job scope?

The difference would in the portfolio of companies. Your clients would mainly be banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, finance houses and funds.

Job scope as a first year associate would still be largely the same as compared to other divisions, with additional work on areas that are specific to financial institutions, such as that in loans and compliance.

Unregistered 28-05-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanghao (Post 97560)
To clarify, what is the price range (lower and upper limit) for a consultant and a senior consultant for a Big 4 (2 letter company)?
I have 8 years [URL="://.user.com.sg"]user experience[/ in financial service industry and a couple years of consulting background but not nearly the same management consulting/project consulting experience as in the big 4. I am going through the rounds of the interview and seems like i might have to take pay cut if I go into the big 4.

forget eff-s-oh, negative environment with some lame partners who don't give a crap about employee feedback.

glad I left.

Unregistered 29-05-2017 02:30 AM

Quote:

To clarify, what is the price range (lower and upper limit) for a consultant and a senior consultant for a Big 4 (2 letter company)?
I have 8 years [URL="://.user.com.sg"]user experience[/ in financial service industry and a couple years of consulting background but not nearly the same management consulting/project consulting experience as in the big 4. I am going through the rounds of the interview and seems like i might have to take pay cut if I go into the big 4.

Consultant is an entry level role, pay should be 3k. Seniors paid at 4.2 and 4.8k.

You are likely to take a pay cut.

Unregistered 29-05-2017 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97671)
forget eff-s-oh, negative environment with some lame partners who don't give a crap about employee feedback.

glad I left.

You are trash

Unregistered 29-05-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

It is 100% confirm you will take a pay cut. With your experience you should be pulling in at least 8k per month but big 4 will be paying you only 6k tops.

Unregistered 29-05-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97678)
You are trash

What do you get from floating around a few threads calling people trash?

Unregistered 10-07-2017 01:07 AM

Apart from advisory, is the salary progression standard for all employees in tax and audit?