Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-10-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188541)
Stop arguing lah. The brutal truth is, if you choose audit as a path, your pay trajectory will be much lower and flatter compared to many other white collar industries . And the prospects of making partner at a B4 are incredibly low. And even on a like-for-like comparison with other industries, a B4 partner's takehome comp is generally worse than a partner-equivalent's takehome comp in other industries.

So suck it up and deal with it.

External audit is an industry kept artificially propped alive for the sole purpose of fulfilling regulatory requirements. The industry pay is reflective of that.

What you say make sense. But the reason why our pay is so low is because of the foreigners that big 4 keep importing. Any tom dick across the causeway will willingly accept the exchange rate difference. That is why locals suffer. But with the covid lockdown, look how quickly our partners react by raising the salary of auditors to attack locals.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I get higher salary and also get to eat snake while we WFH! Thank you partners! karma.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 02:52 PM

Some of the kids these days simply cannot take hardship

Small small thing also cannot this cannot that

This kind of attitude go where also won’t be successful one

Unregistered 30-10-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188530)
Yes i am myself replying to me being myself replying to you talking to me while being you and myself

Span of few minutes got so many posts and it goes dry for next few hours.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188547)
Some of the kids these days simply cannot take hardship

Small small thing also cannot this cannot that

This kind of attitude go where also won’t be successful one

OK Boomer.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188570)
OK Boomer.

You're outdated. Or trying to act young as well boomer!

Unregistered 30-10-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188576)
You're outdated. Or trying to act young as well boomer!

You’ll know it when you see a zoomer. You just cannot understand what they saying lor, they use words and new lingo like “bussin” which I only learnt two days ago.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188583)
You’ll know it when you see a zoomer. You just cannot understand what they saying lor, they use words and new lingo like “bussin” which I only learnt two days ago.

Don't care about the zoomers. We Gen X take pride in sacrificing our health and time to climb the big 4 corporate ladder. We are happy to be in the rat race and to help build a better working world for our partners

Unregistered 31-10-2021 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188583)

hahaha ya lor those 2000s kids and above damn jia lat, most of them living in wonderland and yet cannot tolerate workplace "abuse" LOOOOOL joke they thought media industry talk cock sing song all day everyday, where got free lunch in this world

Unregistered 31-10-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188589)
hahaha ya lor those 2000s kids and above damn jia lat, most of them living in wonderland and yet cannot tolerate workplace "abuse" LOOOOOL joke they thought media industry talk cock sing song all day everyday, where got free lunch in this world

Ya lor. Ask them OT and sacrifice life for the company also cannot. i know prolonged OT is bad for health but i don't mind dying earlier if I can become a partner one day. It is better to die earlier as a partner than live until 90 yo as a mediocre person.

Unregistered 31-10-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188609)
Ya lor. Ask them OT and sacrifice life for the company also cannot. i know prolonged OT is bad for health but i don't mind dying earlier if I can become a partner one day. It is better to die earlier as a partner than live until 90 yo as a mediocre person.

Isn’t this the blue button green button game

Would you rather make millions but die at 60s or be average income and die at 90s

Then 9gag comments always people choose blue button willing to make more money and die young

But I think Gen Z doesn’t feel the same way