Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 14-10-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186198)
LOL sacrificing your youth. If you leave as a senior associate, you'd only be 25-28 years old depending if youre a girl or guy. And for most auditors, only the first 4-5 months of the year requires such a "sacrifice"

From my interactions with Gen Z, they are much less inclined to go through this “sacrifice”.

28 is already considered “old” to them.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186236)
You mean strawberry generations ah??

The CNA article does say they are not a strawberry generation and are in fact a force to be reckoned with. I'm not a gen Z but i do agree with this assessment given that they are more vocal and passionate about things that matter to them.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 12:40 PM

No no no we are talking about the next generation already.

Strawberry is my time, 1980s to early 1990s. This batch, still sort of ok with B4 culture.

Now is about the 零零后 already. What they want in life is very different from what we 30s and 40s think about, and even further from the boomers.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186261)
No no no we are talking about the next generation already.

Strawberry is my time, 1980s to early 1990s. This batch, still sort of ok with B4 culture.

Now is about the 零零后 already. What they want in life is very different from what we 30s and 40s think about, and even further from the boomers.

Boomer spotted

what strawberry? are u hungry old man? lol

Unregistered 14-10-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186196)
LOL insurance agent is the worse role u can ever get as a Singaporean or even as a human being

literally a dumping ground for all the losers, drop outs and trash degree holders who cant make it in their field. tell me, all these "social media stories", check their linkedin, i guarantee u, 9/10 wont have degree and plateaued at diploma level with some stupid irrelevant course

viable career my ass lmao literally dependent on people buying ur bullshet insurance. what a joke.

wait till u start getting msgs from "old" friends going

"hey long time no see! :) :) btw can we meet for a while?"

cb

Why? I think it is a lucrative career. Imagine I am able to sell ILPs to 30 customers in one year with annual premium of 7k/mth, that means i will be raking a total of $105k in commission income (30 x 7k x 50%) in just first year. Adding my base pay for first year to be 30k a year (2.5k/mth), i will be making 135k/year (or 11.25k/mth) without bonuses.

With such income, my pay is better than a fresh grad BB IB Analyst, SWE in FAANG companies, Consultants in MBB firms and Big 4 SM pay?

Unregistered 14-10-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186266)
Why? I think it is a lucrative career. Imagine I am able to sell ILPs to 30 customers in one year with annual premium of 7k/mth, that means i will be raking a total of $105k in commission income (30 x 7k x 50%) in just first year. Adding my base pay for first year to be 30k a year (2.5k/mth), i will be making 135k/year (or 11.25k/mth) without bonuses.

With such income, my pay is better than a fresh grad BB IB Analyst, SWE in FAANG companies, Consultants in MBB firms and Big 4 SM pay?

Who would pay 7k per month for an insurance?

Unregistered 14-10-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186238)
It fails to mention that a lot of Gen Zs also work crap jobs with slack hours and earn 3k a month, then proceed to spend their salary on things like expensive gym memberships and yuppie food/drinks.

Money in money out, good luck to them man.

Though i agree with you that the gen z's seem to prefer instant gratification and perhaps lack financial knowledge in terms of saving/investments, they are a group that are much more savvy than the boomers and gen x. They learn so much faster in this digital age and its a strong plus for them with respect to this. I mean look at how good they are with crypto and NFTs.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 01:55 PM

BS hahaha.. they dont know the technical stuff man. They only know the name and join the bandwagon. Ask them to code, they will run first and prefer the admin or sai kang role.

Unregistered 14-10-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186271)
Who would pay 7k per month for an insurance?

Per year typo

Unregistered 14-10-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186243)
From my interactions with Gen Z, they are much less inclined to go through this “sacrifice”.

28 is already considered “old” to them.

Must aim for higher pay else cannot afford to get married. Big4 career not suitable for the genZ. Not forgetting must build up cpf so that no need to work at senior age.