Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 21-04-2024 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275962)
reddit fp&A is mostly amdk countries. FP&A in SG is cover mountain cover sea. simi sai also must do.

What do people actually do in FP&A in SG? People always say accounting in SG work until 1am while FP&A work until 11pm.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 06:38 PM

im so ****ing tired of audit. if you just lie flat after throwing letter will they buy you out and ask you to leave early? i dont wanna pay them 1 month salary since these mofos are the cause of my suffering but i dont want to stay in this ****ing hellhole any longer either

i look like a 40 year old with these eyebags and constant stress on weekends, but if i dont work on weekends then im too tired to ot on weekdays

Unregistered 21-04-2024 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275987)
report loh. as if they care. most will throw letter after 1-2 years

Yea, most people don't care one. They're just waiting for the time to be up to get out. If you're on good terms with teammates, they are more willing to help you.

The firm will just keep milking you. If you want good utilisation during round table meetings, then just don’t take leave. Work throughout the whole year. Oh yeah, you can't just work. you also need to make your presence known.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275988)
What about the opportunity cost though?

I think the opp cost increases if you stayed longer. Between senior 1 to 3, although the base pay increases, the learning curve is less steep.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275992)
I got 100 clients' audit FS jobs but no one wanted to work as an auditor

At my age, I no need to go field audit liao lah

Got money to hire people but like no people want work in audit

Can hire fts or interns

Unregistered 21-04-2024 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275997)
im so ****ing tired of audit. if you just lie flat after throwing letter will they buy you out and ask you to leave early? i dont wanna pay them 1 month salary since these mofos are the cause of my suffering but i dont want to stay in this ****ing hellhole any longer either

i look like a 40 year old with these eyebags and constant stress on weekends, but if i dont work on weekends then im too tired to ot on weekdays

Chill, bruh. Rmb, one guy said the risk is with the partner. Your only risk is not hitting KPIs. But again, if you're putting in efforts and producing something every week, it should be fine.

Go take a break. If you're gone, they can always replace you the next day.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275981)
I am in my 40s

I really very scared the young people in 20s don't want join audit industry

Hello uncle.

Have is have people joiner, but I feel they not as smart or capable.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276008)
Chill, bruh. Rmb, one guy said the risk is with the partner. Your only risk is not hitting KPIs. But again, if you're putting in efforts and producing something every week, it should be fine.

Go take a break. If you're gone, they can always replace you the next day.

With how you have to rely on random posters to understand the audit industry, I sincerely hope that you're not a student giving advice.

OP, I'm guessing you're a senior from how tired you sound, so there won't be any break that you'll be able to take since it's peak now and the new seniors will only be coming in mid/end-May. It's almost impossible to get a replacement immediately and a dead warm body is still better than no body at all. Big 4 won't buy you out to make you leave early even if you screw up majorly because rules are rules and they're old-fashioned rigid like that. Unfortunately your best bet is going to IMH or just pay up the notice period.

Of course, if you're an associate especially if you're from the big 3 uni, feel free to just vouch 10 samples per day for the entire notice period and let your senior carry everything. That's precisely what a few of the associates did and nothing happened to them.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275913)
4 years only

ICAEW got use meh

ICAEW is more internationally recognised in my opinion.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276015)
With how you have to rely on random posters to understand the audit industry, I sincerely hope that you're not a student giving advice.

OP, I'm guessing you're a senior from how tired you sound, so there won't be any break that you'll be able to take since it's peak now and the new seniors will only be coming in mid/end-May. It's almost impossible to get a replacement immediately and a dead warm body is still better than no body at all. Big 4 won't buy you out to make you leave early even if you screw up majorly because rules are rules and they're old-fashioned rigid like that. Unfortunately your best bet is going to IMH or just pay up the notice period.

Of course, if you're an associate especially if you're from the big 3 uni, feel free to just vouch 10 samples per day for the entire notice period and let your senior carry everything. That's precisely what a few of the associates did and nothing happened to them.

This forum isn’t locked to B4 employees or accounting students. Anyone from any industry can come in to chit chat, especially since this is one of the more active threads on this forum.