Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 21-04-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275924)
How bad is the overtime in FP&A? 9am-9pm for 2 weeks a month? 9am-12am for 3 weeks every quarter? 9am-2am for the whole month?

why does FP&A need to OT? i see reddit FP&A always say they work 30 hours per week only

Unregistered 21-04-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275932)
Not in 2017! It started wayyyyyy back in 2009x

The Committee to Develop the Accountant Sector (CDAS) issued their exposure draft for public consultation in 2009. It was themed “ Transforming Singapore into a leading Global Accountancy Hub”.

There were a bag of mixed of feelings here back then. Some of us saw it as a red flag while others saw it as a green flag. But it was exciting nonetheless.

The first recommendation was to develop a post-graduate practiced-focus professional accountancy qualification. This became later known as SQP then renamed to SCAQ, the subject of many discussions in this thread.

Yea, seems like it was emphasised a lot over the years. How exciting … where are we now

s://.accaglobal.com/sg/en/member/member/accounting-business/2018/01/insights/sing-2020.html

s://opengovasia.com/2018/06/04/the-role-of-technology-in-singapores-vision-to-be-a-global-accountancy-hub/

s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/accountancy/sac-reports/sac-integrated-report-fy-2018-19-compressed.pdf

Unregistered 21-04-2024 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275937)
Yea, seems like it was emphasised a lot over the years. How exciting … where are we now

s://.accaglobal.com/sg/en/member/member/accounting-business/2018/01/insights/sing-2020.html

s://opengovasia.com/2018/06/04/the-role-of-technology-in-singapores-vision-to-be-a-global-accountancy-hub/

s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/accountancy/sac-reports/sac-integrated-report-fy-2018-19-compressed.pdf

There was a view by some of us back in 2013 that the road to success is paved with many trials and failures.

So while the ambition is exciting, it also meant it will be a challenging road for the new blood walking into uncharted territory. The pioneer batches are, in a sense, guinea pigs.

Make it and they will be among the earliest to reap the biggest benefits, but it might not work out that fast. It could very well be 2040s or 2050s before SG become a major hub.

Much of the economic success SG enjoys today is due to the groundwork our predecessors laid in the 1980s and 1990s for instance. So the sacrifices your cohorts make is just a building block in the long term.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 03:26 PM

Hi all, I'm interested in Forensic Accounting and have made it to the final interview for FTI Consulting, which will happen in a few weeks.

Does anyone have any idea of what it's like to work in FTI Consulting? How's the firm's reputation in Forensic Accounting, especially compared to Big Four.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 04:16 PM

Please avoid jobs which mention "2 or 3 years of Big 4 audit experience preferred" in the job description. These jobs expect you to work like a dog, have tight and unreasonable deadlines and are demanding cause they know you were previously a big 4 dog. ccb lah i quit big 4 because i want a more lepak job and not work like a farking audit dog. stupid boss still can say why i not behaving like an ex auditor. facepalm.

i want to switch industry liao. really **** accounting.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275936)
why does FP&A need to OT? i see reddit FP&A always say they work 30 hours per week only

reddit fp&A is mostly amdk countries. FP&A in SG is cover mountain cover sea. simi sai also must do.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 04:33 PM

People who quit big4 and straight away jump to industry to work….my comrade, I seriously salute you man. How are you able to start afresh without taking a break especially after the hours and hours of stress and torment for the past few years?

I quit without finding a job and spent a couple of months getting my life back to heal my inner soul and realized how much that job has crushed me so much. I met up my friends recently and they say I look so much better and vibrant as compared to last time.

Unregistered 21-04-2024 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275964)
People who quit big4 and straight away jump to industry to work….my comrade, I seriously salute you man. How are you able to start afresh without taking a break especially after the hours and hours of stress and torment for the past few years?

I quit without finding a job and spent a couple of months getting my life back to heal my inner soul and realized how much that job has crushed me so much. I met up my friends recently and they say I look so much better and vibrant as compared to last time.

most of the people i know usually take 2-3 months break after quitting big 4

Unregistered 21-04-2024 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275964)

lol opposite problem

When you’re too used to OT, suddenly dunno what to do with life when you can end work before 7pm

Like… what to do? Need to find new hobbies?

Unregistered 21-04-2024 05:56 PM

I am in my 40s

I really very scared the young people in 20s don't want join audit industry