Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 08-04-2024 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274353)
Since A1, during peak periods, we have been working overtime until exam leave. Isn't this the legacy or norm of the Big 4?

Both seniors and associates are taking SCAQ. The only difference now is that senior is already ACCA certified. Even if you have seniors not taking exams, associates are asked to clear work up to the exam leave date. When has this changed?

Nothing has changed. You don't need us to write down everything in black and white.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274319)
Audit seniors who are not taking the SCAQ exam should provide full support to junior associates who are undertaking the exam by assisting them in their audit engagements.

Please take note that as seniors are not sitting for the exam, you can dedicate more time and attention to supporting their colleagues in this endeavor.

Pls review the resource plotting. Every year, the hours and manpower plotted are reducing. It’s also hard to find replacements. If each member doesn’t play a part in completing the sections assigned to them, then forget about signing the fs.

How about, managers tank all the assigned sections for teams with members doing scaq?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274372)
Pls review the resource plotting. Every year, the hours and manpower plotted are reducing. It’s also hard to find replacements. If each member doesn’t play a part in completing the sections assigned to them, then forget about signing the fs.

How about, managers tank all the assigned sections for teams with members doing scaq?

Who are you talking to?

Managers don’t have a say in resource.
Resource team also tells you not within their control cause hiring and resignations are not within their power.
HR team says not within their control cause the target headcount is set by leadership.
And the most senior person I can ask says the headcount is based on forecasted job wins and losses.

So how?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274348)
Back then snrs and mgrs done a lot of independent learning Ofc they expect the same from the new batch …to be self reliant.

Times have changed and such expectations are no longer realistic.

If you not willing to sit down and teach and guide, don’t expect anyone to know how to do.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274373)
Who are you talking to?

Managers don’t have a say in resource.
Resource team also tells you not within their control cause hiring and resignations are not within their power.
HR team says not within their control cause the target headcount is set by leadership.
And the most senior person I can ask says the headcount is based on forecasted job wins and losses.

So how?

past few posts have just been associates roleplaying as seniors because they're upset at being asked to do work

my experience aligns with yours, the ones who want to change things for the better have no power but the ones with the power don't want to rock the boat and be the one sohai partner who tells every other partner to accept lower profitability by hiring more people.

biggest issue is the authorities tbh. i started audit many years ago and there wasn't this much work back then. they introduced all these stupid new requirements but it made no difference in the results we deliver. just want to make themselves look useful by suggesting new regulations that don't do jack **** and kill people.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274372)

I'm just asking seniors who are not undertaking SCAQ exams to be understanding. Help alleviate the burden on associate who are taking SCAQ exams.

Unregistered 08-04-2024 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274346)
The snr and m now also useless 1. Dunno wad they doing. Just wan aa to get the shyt, cover themself.

What you want us seniors to do?

Help you do your sections?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274401)
What you want us seniors to do?

Help you do your sections?

I think that's precisely what they want. I had an associate that offloaded their work to me by taking one hour per sample so they "couldn't finish everything within the booking period" but ate up all my budget so I can't get additional staff. I would be happy to do their sections for them if they give me their damn paycheck as well but of course they want to have their cake and eat it as well. What are they feeding the new batches in school these days, seriously.

Unregistered 09-04-2024 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274398)
I'm just asking seniors who are not undertaking SCAQ exams to be understanding. Help alleviate the burden on associate who are taking SCAQ exams.

It really depends on the tone set at the top. If you have a manager who shows concerns about the team’s workload or a senior who cares about your study leave when you were an associate, you would most likely do the same for your associates. But most don’t, and this kind of practice is already ingrained in the big 4 culture, especially when you have too much on your plate to care. If last year, associates could clear the allocated sections and take the exam later, they expect the same or more for the current year. Whether or not to share the burden is conditional on the relationship.

Unregistered 09-04-2024 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274413)
I think that's precisely what they want. I had an associate that offloaded their work to me by taking one hour per sample so they "couldn't finish everything within the booking period" but ate up all my budget so I can't get additional staff. I would be happy to do their sections for them if they give me their damn paycheck as well but of course they want to have their cake and eat it as well. What are they feeding the new batches in school these days, seriously.

Is she reading her SCAQ study material during working hours?

If not, why she can't bother to do your sections?