Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2024 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273263)
Lol manager/sm isn't really senior management in a big four anyway.

When want to get things done talk like very big

Ask you revise salary you say no power

Really laugh my farts out

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273254)
Managers write appraisals right? Don’t you have control over their compensation?

that's like complaining your line manager don't give you payraise. it's up to the CEO (who decides payscales) and to a lesser extent, the HOD (who decides your rating). Have you never audited payroll before?

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273262)
If senior management cannot even affect entry level salary, then it sounds like title inflation to me like those company where fresh graduate also can be assistant director.

You are not really a manager.

even team manager and GMs outside don't have much power. Management has always referred to CEO and directors. Real life is not Management 101 textbook.

Unregistered 31-03-2024 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273266)
When want to get things done talk like very big

Ask you revise salary you say no power

Really laugh my farts out

I am a senior manager born in 1987

I am sorry that I can't do anything about associate and senior associate salary

Unregistered 31-03-2024 09:18 PM

Hi guys, I am an accountant working in commercial with CA SG. As of now, I was thinking of maybe going back to big 4 as auditor (I left at S2). I do feel that I do stand some chance to make partner given that I have CA SG qualification which not many auditors have and I am from big 3 local U and there is shortage of strong talents in the industry. I heard that you need to be CA SG to become partner which gives me an edge against others who don’t have.

Anyone can advise me if this is a viable approach? Really greatly appreciate replies here!

Unregistered 31-03-2024 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273290)
Hi guys, I am an accountant working in commercial with CA SG. As of now, I was thinking of maybe going back to big 4 as auditor (I left at S2). I do feel that I do stand some chance to make partner given that I have CA SG qualification which not many auditors have and I am from big 3 local U and there is shortage of strong talents in the industry. I heard that you need to be CA SG to become partner which gives me an edge against others who don’t have.

Anyone can advise me if this is a viable approach? Really greatly appreciate replies here!

Your only obstacle is whether your body can handle the working hours.

Unregistered 31-03-2024 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273265)
OMG?!!!? REALLY?!??! Then care to explain to me why some sm so guai lan and talk to us as if we’re like a dog?

The reason why the senior manager treats associates poorly is because they believe tight control and harsh treatment will make them work harder or perform better. They might think this approach keeps everyone in line and maintains order in the workplace. However, this kind of management can create a stressful environment where junior staff feel undervalued and unsupported, affecting their morale and productivity in the long run.

Unregistered 31-03-2024 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273289)
I am a senior manager born in 1987

I am sorry that I can't do anything about associate and senior associate salary

You probably shouldn’t tell that to your associates.

I’ve just lost all interest in you. Bye

Unregistered 31-03-2024 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273252)
Are you really too nice?

Then can I ask why you guys, after reaching a certain seniority and a position of power, didn’t do anything to try and change the system and culture?

Like increasing salaries for example.

Remind me of Lin Fei-Fan from Taiwan's DPP.

Back in his college days, he protested against the government. But later, as a legislator, he found out that changing things from within was way harder than he thought. He realized that the system was so stuck in its ways, and without enough influence and seniority, it's pretty tough to make any real change happen.

Unregistered 31-03-2024 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273290)

Most local uni grads have CA SG by the end of S2. I don't think it's viable, as there are currently too many sm from the 198x in the firm.

Given that ISCA intends to sign the MRA/RMA agreement with ACCA, there will be more CA SG holders in managerial positions in the future.

Is commercial accounting too boring for you? And are you worried you will not be getting back the same rank you would have gotten if you stayed on?