Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 03-03-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206054)
Sorry hor you are wrong

Is PAP > Local grads

If can’t get first class don’t bother waste time doing local degree, you are better off saving your previous years doing a private 9months degree plus if you know how to game the system. Iykyk.

Peace!

true that especially those who scored a passing degree in local uni, where can they go

Unregistered 03-03-2022 09:30 PM

Local NUS NTU SMU grad go B4 is total waste of degree, especially when jhk multimedial uni grads are easily hired in droves

it's like buying Conti car but instead of leveraging on it to pick up chicks, you use it to drive PHV when a Jap or Proton can easily do the same job. In the end, you're just wearing out the car and watching it depreciate in value.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 12:18 AM

EY International Tax or PwC Corporate tax (financial services)

Help a fresh grad pls... i cant decide T.T both are for associate position

Unregistered 04-03-2022 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206112)
Help a fresh grad pls... i cant decide T.T both are for associate position

Many ppl here flame EY, so pick EY!

Unregistered 04-03-2022 07:52 AM

Gg to big4 sg is likd gg to malaysia as 2nd class citizen. If worst 3rd class.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206133)
Gg to big4 sg is likd gg to malaysia as 2nd class citizen. If worst 3rd class.

A1 to S1 still majority sinkies. S2 and above jhk majority

Unregistered 04-03-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206076)
Local NUS NTU SMU grad go B4 is total waste of degree, especially when jhk multimedial uni grads are easily hired in droves

it's like buying Conti car but instead of leveraging on it to pick up chicks, you use it to drive PHV when a Jap or Proton can easily do the same job. In the end, you're just wearing out the car and watching it depreciate in value.

Is because your sinkie B4 partner like Max wants to pwn you big time so that he can sleep well in his bungalow. ownself graduated from local uni donkey years ago but chose to hire jhk to depress salary so that he can reduce cost and pocket more profit. These sinkie B4 partners are also the same bastards who colloborated with ISCA to launch the SG CA qualification to pwn local grads. knn, already work like dog liao still have to revise for your nonsense exam

sinkie pwn sinkie at its finest.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206146)
Is because your sinkie B4 partner like Max wants to pwn you big time so that he can sleep well in his bungalow. ownself graduated from local uni donkey years ago but chose to hire jhk to depress salary so that he can reduce cost and pocket more profit. These sinkie B4 partners are also the same bastards who colloborated with ISCA to launch the SG CA qualification to pwn local grads. knn, already work like dog liao still have to revise for your nonsense exam

sinkie pwn sinkie at its finest.

hhahaha not only launch scaq but also making it especially tough just to suck the auditor's pay up if he/she fails the paper. imagine take away home $2.5k - $2.6k for A1 and to retake the paper its almost 1.4k?!?!?!?!

Unregistered 04-03-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206150)
hhahaha not only launch scaq but also making it especially tough just to suck the auditor's pay up if he/she fails the paper. imagine take away home $2.5k - $2.6k for A1 and to retake the paper its almost 1.4k?!?!?!?!

Its tough meh???

Its open book exam leh...

It takes skills to even fail the papers. Hehe

Unregistered 04-03-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206150)

actually nobody outside of SG cares about SG CA. These partners and ISCA ownself praise ownself only. farking no shame.

Take something more internationally recognized and well-established like ACCA, ICAEW, CPA Aust if you really want a professional qualification

SG CA exam should be $100 instead since not internationally recognized.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206154)
actually nobody outside of SG cares about SG CA. These partners and ISCA ownself praise ownself only. farking no shame.

Take something more internationally recognized and well-established like ACCA, ICAEW, CPA Aust if you really want a professional qualification

SG CA exam should be $100 instead since not internationally recognized.

True that. Overrated ca sg. Funny thing is ppl take icaew then convert. Just wait for them to scarp this unneccessary programmes.

Unregistered 04-03-2022 11:24 PM

Ccb those jhk all spoil market. Simi sai also OT like no life like that. All for that 1:3 ya

Unregistered 04-03-2022 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206275)
Ccb those jhk all spoil market. Simi sai also OT like no life like that. All for that 1:3 ya

then u find tour way to uk and earn your 1:2 lor

Unregistered 05-03-2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206284)

Steady la bruhhh hahaha

Unregistered 05-03-2022 01:10 AM

Sg local uni should just remove accounting as a university degree, at most offer it as a major along side with other majors like IT, finance etc

Nowadays uni accountancy go out, earn same as diploma, spent 10 k on school fees with jhk graduate from multimedia Tekong Ali happily doing your job at half your pay. Wasting everyone ‘s time and a total scam

Unregistered 05-03-2022 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206284)

lol UK big 4 accounting nowadays dun even need degree bro. apprenticeship for GSCE school leavers is all the rage

shows that u just need A levels or poly level education to be auditor. no need go uni

Unregistered 05-03-2022 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206297)
lol UK big 4 accounting nowadays dun even need degree bro. apprenticeship for GSCE school leavers is all the rage

shows that u just need A levels or poly level education to be auditor. no need go uni

then go zimbawe earn 1:1billion

Unregistered 05-03-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206296)
Sg local uni should just remove accounting as a university degree, at most offer it as a major along side with other majors like IT, finance etc

Nowadays uni accountancy go out, earn same as diploma, spent 10 k on school fees with jhk graduate from multimedia Tekong Ali happily doing your job at half your pay. Wasting everyone ‘s time and a total scam

Kpkb some more and Max loh will cancel Surf intake and jitao hire Jhk A1.

Unregistered 05-03-2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206318)

Good. Hire more jhk better. Even better outsource more services to philippines

Then fewer sinkies will get conned into joining Big 4

Unregistered 05-03-2022 11:51 AM

KPMG usually give how many mths bonus? Do they raise base by 20% but cut bonus?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206296)

s://.mmu.edu.my/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/UG_Fee-Structure_as-at-08-02-2022.pdf

Multimedia Uni's school fee much cheaper than local uni but is considered expensive for jhk. Their 4 your Honours programme costs RM70,000 (RM17,500 per year) but most jhk salary only RM3k per month and MMU is private uni so I don't think those jhk can receive subsidies.

s://.mmu.edu.my/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/UG_Fee-Structure_as-at-08-02-2022.pdf

But the entry requirements are damn pathetic. Any dog and cat also can enter.

"Pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in 2 subjects AND a Credit in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM Level or its equivalent; OR"

Their English requirements for international students also damn low. AMDK uni require ielts 7.0. MMU only require ielts 5.5

Unregistered 05-03-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206357)

Multimedia Uni's school fee much cheaper than local uni but is considered expensive for jhk. Their 4 your Honours programme costs RM70,000 (RM17,500 per year) but most jhk salary only RM3k per month and MMU is private uni so I don't think those jhk can receive subsidies.

"Pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in 2 subjects AND a Credit in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM Level or its equivalent; OR"

Their English requirements for international students also damn low. AMDK uni require ielts 7.0. MMU only require ielts 5.5

Lol that explains their quality in their working paper. English cui until dunno what rubbish they are writing. Still so yaya bully poor sinkie

Unregistered 05-03-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206357)

LOL btw this MMU is considered one of the top tier private universities in bolehland. Bolehland's equivalent of Waseda.

Pls lah if they dont dumb down the IELTS requirements u think will attract any foreigners to this 5th rate sch meh. Even rich indon tycoon or Burmese army generals would rather waste money sending their kids to some amdk degree mill.

This is the kind of standards that Max loh accepts to be your Ms and SMs.

Unregistered 05-03-2022 04:03 PM

Heard orange raising pay this year

Unregistered 05-03-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206378)
Heard orange raising pay this year

Any idea by how much?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 05:34 PM

pwc only raised pay for A1 and A2

A1: 3400 without bonus
A2: 3500 with 1 month bonus

senior and AM pay not raised. we told the partner during the meeting that the pay is too low. partner said, 'if you are here for the pay, then this place is not for you.' we were damn pissed lol

Unregistered 05-03-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206389)

senior and AM pay not raised. we told the partner during the meeting that the pay is too low. partner said, 'if you are here for the pay, then this place is not for you.' we were damn pissed lol

Pwc good culture is good enough for me to slog it out

Unregistered 05-03-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

he know you need him more than he needs you haha

Unregistered 05-03-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206372)
LOL btw this MMU is considered one of the top tier private universities in bolehland. Bolehland's equivalent of Waseda.

Pls lah if they dont dumb down the IELTS requirements u think will attract any foreigners to this 5th rate sch meh. Even rich indon tycoon or Burmese army generals would rather waste money sending their kids to some amdk degree mill.

This is the kind of standards that Max loh accepts to be your Ms and SMs.

i should have studied at MMU instead since Max loh accepts those with jiuhu uni qualification.MMU no bell curve and low entry requirements so must be damn easy to score well. Every weekend go Genting highlands party. Some more the intl student fee is RM 22k per annum which is cheaper than NUS. Only kumgong who join big 4 then study in local uni

Unregistered 05-03-2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206318)

Hi! My POA A1, can join boh?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206394)
Pwc good culture is good enough for me to slog it out

exactly. better than yellow's poor working culture (specifically in audit)

Unregistered 05-03-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

That's not even a raise lol. Heard orange M1 getting 6.5 only, is that true? If it is, then orange is way behind the rest already, even black

Unregistered 05-03-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206400)
exactly. better than yellow's poor working culture (specifically in audit)

actually this is dependent on your engagements. there are good engagements in EY and bad engagements in PwC and vice versa. it's not uncommon to see majority of team members in the same engagement quit before peak for those bad audit engagements, regardless of the firm

Unregistered 05-03-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206404)
That's not even a raise lol. Heard orange M1 getting 6.5 only, is that true? If it is, then orange is way behind the rest already, even black

For pwc, there was only a bit of raise for A1 and A2 in 2021. For seniors and above, the pay was the same. That's what I heard, pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Unregistered 05-03-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206404)

M1 here in Yellow getting 6.8K with 3 mth expected bonus this year
Took me 5years to reach M1.

Career progression for Big 4 not as bad as what ppl here said. Neither is good. Plain average for a degree holder career progression.

My First 2 years was hell hours though.. 80hrs work week

Now, i only worked averaging 55 -60 hrs/week

Unregistered 05-03-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206416)
M1 here in Yellow getting 6.8K with 3 mth expected bonus this year
Took me 5years to reach M1.

Career progression for Big 4 not as bad as what ppl here said. Neither is good. Plain average for a degree holder career progression.

My First 2 years was hell hours though.. 80hrs work week

Now, i only worked averaging 55 -60 hrs/week

5 years in yellow can be M1?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206417)
5 years in yellow can be M1?

Not unusual, with so many ppl leaving yellow. Quite easy to hit M1 at 5th year mark.

I know someone personally got SM at 7 year mark.

Unregistered 05-03-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

well better than blue, no raise this year

Unregistered 05-03-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206420)
well better than blue, no raise this year

What blue current pay?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206419)
Not unusual, with so many ppl leaving yellow. Quite easy to hit M1 at 5th year mark.

I know someone personally got SM at 7 year mark.

Me even know someone made partner at 9th year mark. What there to be proud of knowing someone making SM?