Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 06-12-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192729)
How does EY get all the big and best clients if they're as bad as you say

Those are global clients won by EY US lah.

In Singapore, the powerhouse is KPMG with all the big local listed clients and temasek.

Anyway, clients dont care about the culture of the professional services firm when they choose them.

Unregistered 06-12-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192695)
Does anyone know the salary for deloitte forensic advisory?

last i heard 3k nia

Unregistered 06-12-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192731)
To the unverified poster that has been posting all the yellow materials, please exercise some restraints.

Ultimately, given the fact that you are able to post certain intimate information about yellow, I would presume you used to work in there. Will like to let you know that it's just a job in the end. There is no need to drill-down towards specific department and criticise to such extent.. live n let go. End of day, it is part of learning. This is part of life. If you're still in there, maybe part of you like the place after all? If you're no longer there, then why so much hatred?

It is fine if you're still keen to vent out your frustration in this forum. But there is really no need to drill down to a specific department.

Overall, there are goods and bads in every place. Focus on the good.. wishing you all the best. =).

What is the so much hatred that you are talking about. I thought the poster was just stating facts.

Unregistered 06-12-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192731)
To the unverified poster that has been posting all the yellow materials, please exercise some restraints.

Ultimately, given the fact that you are able to post certain intimate information about yellow, I would presume you used to work in there. Will like to let you know that it's just a job in the end. There is no need to drill-down towards specific department and criticise to such extent.. live n let go. End of day, it is part of learning. This is part of life. If you're still in there, maybe part of you like the place after all? If you're no longer there, then why so much hatred?

It is fine if you're still keen to vent out your frustration in this forum. But there is really no need to drill down to a specific department.

Overall, there are goods and bads in every place. Focus on the good.. wishing you all the best. =).

What is the hatred you are talking about. I thought the poster was just stating facts.

Unregistered 07-12-2021 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192731)
To the unverified poster that has been posting all the yellow materials, please exercise some restraints.

Ultimately, given the fact that you are able to post certain intimate information about yellow, I would presume you used to work in there. Will like to let you know that it's just a job in the end. There is no need to drill-down towards specific department and criticise to such extent.. live n let go. End of day, it is part of learning. This is part of life. If you're still in there, maybe part of you like the place after all? If you're no longer there, then why so much hatred?

It is fine if you're still keen to vent out your frustration in this forum. But there is really no need to drill down to a specific department.

Overall, there are goods and bads in every place. Focus on the good.. wishing you all the best. =).

I thought that post was just merely stating facts. What hatred stuff are you talking about.

Unregistered 07-12-2021 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192731)
To the unverified poster that has been posting all the yellow materials, please exercise some restraints.

Ultimately, given the fact that you are able to post certain intimate information about yellow, I would presume you used to work in there. Will like to let you know that it's just a job in the end. There is no need to drill-down towards specific department and criticise to such extent.. live n let go. End of day, it is part of learning. This is part of life. If you're still in there, maybe part of you like the place after all? If you're no longer there, then why so much hatred?

It is fine if you're still keen to vent out your frustration in this forum. But there is really no need to drill down to a specific department.

Overall, there are goods and bads in every place. Focus on the good.. wishing you all the best. =).

You HR or SM gunning for partnership ah. Why so invested in protecting EY's "reputation"?? The whole point of forums like these, and sites like glassdoor, is because there's too little transparency of info around. This is just a way for peasants like us to take back some level playing field with more info.

If organizations were truly transparent about pay, culture etc., there wouldn't be a need for all these.

WHat's the point about saying ohhh everything is great i love my colleagues i love my company, when inside is sh*t? better to let ppl know before hand so they know what theyre getting into right?

Unregistered 07-12-2021 08:56 AM

Question is why is it ****

Unregistered 07-12-2021 09:58 AM

I think theres nothing wrong with posting employee grievances. If you are a prospective employee, would you rather find out about the culture and salary after joining? Its also a good opportunity for employers to take a hard look at themselves and improve the existing working culture and environment. At least we still care enough to talk about it.

Unregistered 07-12-2021 11:05 AM

So what is boss is single female. Honestly there is no difference

Unregistered 07-12-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192784)
So what is boss is single female. Honestly there is no difference

They scary bro...

Unregistered 07-12-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192732)
Well im happy with my APPLE discount so im fine inyellow
the rest can suck thumb

What apple discount?

Unregistered 07-12-2021 05:44 PM

There are priviledges if you audit Apple

Unregistered 07-12-2021 05:45 PM

Yellow has best global clients in TMT

Unregistered 07-12-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192809)
There are priviledges if you audit Apple

50% discount on laptop???

Unregistered 07-12-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192809)
There are priviledges if you audit Apple

LOL sure bo, isnt that a conflict of interest

Unregistered 08-12-2021 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192199)
Yeah, ik it's rare just saying it happens! I guess not, he is bonded to a mid tier firm already.

He foreigner meh? Why need to bond one.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192842)
He foreigner meh? Why need to bond one.

Some mid tier got 2 years bond you dunno meh

Unregistered 08-12-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192813)
50% discount on laptop???

Joining EY nao!!

Unregistered 08-12-2021 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192843)
Some mid tier got 2 years bond you dunno meh

I also dunno. This is Big 4 thread we don’t know much about mid tiers lol

Why got bond? They sponsor you something?

Unregistered 08-12-2021 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192847)
I also dunno. This is Big 4 thread we don’t know much about mid tiers lol

Why got bond? They sponsor you something?

No sponsor… They scare people leave halfway lol

Unregistered 08-12-2021 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192847)
I also dunno. This is Big 4 thread we don’t know much about mid tiers lol

Why got bond? They sponsor you something?

If there is no bond in mid tier, people would work 1 year and leave for big 4. I mean pay and benefits are higher in big 4 right. The reputation is better too

Unregistered 08-12-2021 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192843)
Some mid tier got 2 years bond you dunno meh

Is the bond legally enforceable? What happens if you break the bond?

Unless they give you extra money or what not, the bond has no penalties or actual enforceability?

Unregistered 08-12-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192855)
Is the bond legally enforceable? What happens if you break the bond?

Unless they give you extra money or what not, the bond has no penalties or actual enforceability?

No extra money, but need to pay penalty fee if break the bond. Hearsay the fee is quite substantial...

Unregistered 08-12-2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192855)
Is the bond legally enforceable? What happens if you break the bond?

Unless they give you extra money or what not, the bond has no penalties or actual enforceability?

It is embedded in the contract, so its legally-binding

Unregistered 08-12-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191982)
Just ignore them.

I despise those insurance agents without finance or accounting degree. Taking those stupid insurance papers doesn't mean you can call yourself a financial consultant. Please complete CFA before you even call yourself a financial consultant.

I had a former friend who majored in some stupid english lit degree and said he hated numbers then became an insurance agent because cannot find job. what a joke. hate numbers then now you want to sell insurance because want to leech people's money.

fyi, i am a chartered financial consultant and this signifies i am accredited and qualified financial advisor :) also CHfc is also a prestigious certification just like CFA where not many ppl can get

Unregistered 08-12-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192886)
fyi, i am a chartered financial consultant and this signifies i am accredited and qualified financial advisor :) also CHfc is also a prestigious certification just like CFA where not many ppl can get

You in wrong thread, you have no power here.

In this thread, I only respect Chartered Accountant of Singapore.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192886)
fyi, i am a chartered financial consultant and this signifies i am accredited and qualified financial advisor :) also CHfc is also a prestigious certification just like CFA where not many ppl can get

in the end still sell insurance and ILP. not private banker dont talk

Unregistered 08-12-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192886)
fyi, i am a chartered financial consultant and this signifies i am accredited and qualified financial advisor :) also CHfc is also a prestigious certification just like CFA where not many ppl can get

it is so easy to be a qualified financial advisor and still have no knowledge on investment products. all you do is sales and earn commission unethically

Unregistered 08-12-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192886)
fyi, i am a chartered financial consultant and this signifies i am accredited and qualified financial advisor :) also CHfc is also a prestigious certification just like CFA where not many ppl can get

i love it when people just randomly upsell their certification. it was so prestigious i had to google this certification just to find out passing rate is 60 to 65%, and then you go and compare it against CFA which has 3 levels, and level 1 passing rate is about 40%.

how to trust when your advisory services when you cant even benchmark yourself appropriately.

beautiful example of the dunning kruger effect. made my day.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192895)
i love it when people just randomly upsell their certification. it was so prestigious i had to google this certification just to find out passing rate is 60 to 65%, and then you go and compare it against CFA which has 3 levels, and level 1 passing rate is about 40%.

how to trust when your advisory services when you cant even benchmark yourself appropriately.

beautiful example of the dunning kruger effect. made my day.

Scaq pass rate also around 60%

Unregistered 08-12-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192880)
No extra money, but need to pay penalty fee if break the bond. Hearsay the fee is quite substantial...

like that the firm can abuse you like a slave, ask you OT mon to sunday you also lan lan suck thumb because cannot quit.

Really is white collar slavery

Unregistered 08-12-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192907)
like that the firm can abuse you like a slave, ask you OT mon to sunday you also lan lan suck thumb because cannot quit.

Really is white collar slavery

Very typical especially for mid tier audit firms

Unregistered 08-12-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192907)
like that the firm can abuse you like a slave, ask you OT mon to sunday you also lan lan suck thumb because cannot quit.

Really is white collar slavery

I don’t understand why some people are stuck with that mentality.

Firm can request but doesn’t mean you have to OT or work weekends right?

Any OT has to be voluntary and out of the goodness of my heart. It is a favor to you, not an obligation.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192926)
I don’t understand why some people are stuck with that mentality.

Firm can request but doesn’t mean you have to OT or work weekends right?

Any OT has to be voluntary and out of the goodness of my heart. It is a favor to you, not an obligation.

i also don't understand especially those idiots who like to send email to clients and cc manager at 3am. They expect client to read the email at 3am?

Some managers also like to contact me while i am on leave or during weekends but I don't install Ms Teams on my phone so they will only receive my reply on Monday.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 08:22 PM

You either stay long enough to become partner, or die out early and exist into industry. :o

Unregistered 08-12-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192902)
Scaq pass rate also around 60%

i never hao lian scaq prestigious leh. to me its just a means to an end. neither do i use it as a benchmark of someones skill in the field of accounting. you can collect all the paper you want in the world but whether you can apply that knowledge is another thing.

not saying that qualifications are not useful, but don't see why anyone should use it as a benchmark, i've never heard anyone successful / qualified have to begin a sentence with "Fyi, i got this cert which is prestigious and shows im an expert in this field" to prove anything.

anybody that must qualify themselves in that manner usually got no standard to begin with. the fact you need to search for client in this forum is already a joke, if you are that shen your own clients will be recommending you to other people.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192926)
I don’t understand why some people are stuck with that mentality.

Firm can request but doesn’t mean you have to OT or work weekends right?

Any OT has to be voluntary and out of the goodness of my heart. It is a favor to you, not an obligation.

This doesn’t apply only to big 4. If you don’t mind not promoting, you can choose not to do OT. This applies to any firm and there are plenty of such people around. We called them the “deadwood”.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192932)
i also don't understand especially those idiots who like to send email to clients and cc manager at 3am. They expect client to read the email at 3am?

Some managers also like to contact me while i am on leave or during weekends but I don't install Ms Teams on my phone so they will only receive my reply on Monday.

dun understand why people like to cc the entire universe in an email chain.

its like, before the invention of email, if i did not participate in this discussion over phone or whatever method they used back then, its likely i dont need to know. i only want to be cc-ed in the **** that is important. and thats like maybe 1% of all the emails sent during the engagement period. the ones that make it to the manager should be only be sig risk. or maybe those reporting audit progress. even then, i don't even read 3/4 of the crap im cc-ed in.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192932)
i also don't understand especially those idiots who like to send email to clients and cc manager at 3am. They expect client to read the email at 3am?

Some managers also like to contact me while i am on leave or during weekends but I don't install Ms Teams on my phone so they will only receive my reply on Monday.

Because the client can reply them in the early morning when they started work while your colleagues are asleep. Not like they wrote that you need to reply immediately.

Same for your leave/weekends. If it is really urgent, they will call you instead and there is no way you can siam.

You sounds immature. Good luck to you.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192949)
Because the client can reply them in the early morning when they started work while your colleagues are asleep. Not like they wrote that you need to reply immediately.

Same for your leave/weekends. If it is really urgent, they will call you instead and there is no way you can siam.

You sounds immature. Good luck to you.

You ownself kumgong don't know how to set boundaries end up kena arrow day and night. I always set boundaries one and nobody disturb me. Rating same as the rest who OT during weekends. Never kena blacklisted or anything. Never received any complaints but praise from managers lol. I know how to play the system


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2