Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 06-02-2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201634)
Anybody knows whether blue revising salary this year? And to how much?

What about orange and green as well?

Unregistered 06-02-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201635)
What about orange and green as well?

Must be higher than yellow if not lose out already

Unregistered 06-02-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201636)
Must be higher than yellow if not lose out already

in yellow, last year raise once le but still can’t stop ppl from leaving ??

Unregistered 06-02-2022 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201640)

Everywhere raising their small % is no fight maybe

Unregistered 06-02-2022 04:24 PM

Orange better raise, heard turnover quite insane there too

Unregistered 06-02-2022 05:13 PM

The basic no aws. Using the annual salary/13 (exclude) is what you get per month. Sad.

Unregistered 06-02-2022 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201645)
Orange better raise, heard turnover quite insane there too

I thought they good culture and wlb? Why high turnover

Unregistered 06-02-2022 05:31 PM

Hi guys, I have a graduate offer for orange, blue and yellow financial services audit. Which should I go for?

Unregistered 06-02-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201655)
I thought they good culture and wlb? Why high turnover

Good culture at orange, wlb is as bad as the rest

Unregistered 06-02-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201656)
Hi guys, I have a graduate offer for orange, blue and yellow financial services audit. Which should I go for?

orange - good work culture
blue - 20% salary increment after CA
yellow - u just look through this forum got how many honourable mentions of their managing partner name will give u an outlook of the company's environment

Unregistered 06-02-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201640)

they did increase alot, but at the wrong time. ppl just take the new increment and use it as the last drawn pay and look for new job else where.

normally nov till march is the hot period ppl leave.

Unregistered 06-02-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

You intern at either of them before? I went Blue cos vibes were ok during internships.

Orange supposedly has better structure for GA. In any case, I believe orange and blue have the bigger jobs in SG. So either of them are fine.

Unregistered 06-02-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201684)
You intern at either of them before? I went Blue cos vibes were ok during internships.

Orange supposedly has better structure for GA. In any case, I believe orange and blue have the bigger jobs in SG. So either of them are fine.

Blue is k***
Orange is p***
Green is D***

Right?

Unregistered 06-02-2022 08:34 PM

Hi seniors, Which colour to join for cybersecurity / risk consultant role?

Unregistered 06-02-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201692)
Hi seniors, Which colour to join for cybersecurity / risk consultant role?

KPMG, PWC. Deloitte as 3rd choice. Forget about EY.

Unregistered 06-02-2022 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201693)

Why KPMG? got extra $$? or

Unregistered 06-02-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201693)

Care to share why? Tyvm

Unregistered 06-02-2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201679)
they did increase alot, but at the wrong time. ppl just take the new increment and use it as the last drawn pay and look for new job else where.

normally nov till march is the hot period ppl leave.

U r right. A lot of my seniors quit at year end but I don’t see anyone coming in

Heard they now hiring from Malaysia for opening positions in audit /tax . That’s the case means yellow don’t plan to increase pay further :) but rather cheaper staffs so Loh hei can keep his KPI prettyyy

Unregistered 06-02-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201700)
U r right. A lot of my seniors quit at year end but I don’t see anyone coming in

Heard they now hiring from Malaysia for opening positions in audit /tax . That’s the case means yellow don’t plan to increase pay further :) but rather cheaper staffs so Loh hei can keep his KPI prettyyy

i thought now job market very jialat. How come so many people quit and nobody want to join EY? Got job better than no job right? At least Max loh hei will take care of you by providing you with sandwiches and meal allowances

Unregistered 06-02-2022 11:29 PM

Quote:

Blue offers 20% higher salary than the rest once u get CA, but a lot of them hentak at SM level. Much more than orange/yellow. This is probably due to lower margins and thus higher difficulty to hit KPI at that level

Unregistered 06-02-2022 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201705)
i thought now job market very jialat. How come so many people quit and nobody want to join EY? Got job better than no job right? At least Max loh hei will take care of you by providing you with sandwiches and meal allowances

my team seniors most go garme sector.. about 20% bump in pay + wlb cos civil server end 530 chop chop mah; but imo is like semi-career suicide lah cos garmen sector promotion veli slow and unless u creame of the top, 10 year down the road last time colleague in commercial/big 4 confirm do better than garmen de

Unregistered 07-02-2022 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201712)
my team seniors most go garme sector.. about 20% bump in pay + wlb cos civil server end 530 chop chop mah; but imo is like semi-career suicide lah cos garmen sector promotion veli slow and unless u creame of the top, 10 year down the road last time colleague in commercial/big 4 confirm do better than garmen de

Ur england veli powderful

Unregistered 07-02-2022 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201712)

who cares? work life balance more important

maybe 10 years later already die liao. got money also no time to enjoy. All your health and youth all give to big 4. Maybe loh hei will buy flower for you and attend the funeral

Unregistered 07-02-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201709)
Blue offers 20% higher salary than the rest once u get CA, but a lot of them hentak at SM level. Much more than orange/yellow. This is probably due to lower margins and thus higher difficulty to hit KPI at that level

Don't anyhow anyhow say leh? Do you have partner to SM ratio for each firm?

Unregistered 07-02-2022 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201717)
Don't anyhow anyhow say leh? Do you have partner to SM ratio for each firm?

I would think hentak at SM is normal and really doubt promotion to partners are easier in one firm than the other

If no hentak and all become partners, then partnership is the new SM?

Unregistered 07-02-2022 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201700)

actually is Malaysian really cheaper than local, given that yellow pay them the 17% in cash. Means Malaysian and local same cost?

Unregistered 07-02-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201723)
I would think hentak at SM is normal and really doubt promotion to partners are easier in one firm than the other

If no hentak and all become partners, then partnership is the new SM?

Inb4 (pun intended) everyone gets to become partners! Steady progression steady increment wan sui!!!

Unregistered 07-02-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201734)
Inb4 (pun intended) everyone gets to become partners! Steady progression steady increment wan sui!!!

Steady firing row wan sui

Unregistered 07-02-2022 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201724)
actually is Malaysian really cheaper than local, given that yellow pay them the 17% in cash. Means Malaysian and local same cost?

i heard, "heard", that the JH mgr/snr are paid less compared to the same level local employees. So even with the 17% they are fine with it

plus these ppl like to do saikang for boss, whatever the $$they get in b4 x3 go back splurge lah

Unregistered 07-02-2022 11:51 AM

KPMG >>>> the rest!!!

Unregistered 07-02-2022 10:28 PM

Why in yellow then isit for granted that SM with 16 years and no major issue can make partner if hang around?

Seems to be a thing thats happening on the ground also , so not just hearsay

Unregistered 07-02-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201835)
Why in yellow then isit for granted that SM with 16 years and no major issue can make partner if hang around?

Cos partnership is the new SM.

Isn't this simple math? If alot of partners for the same no. of engagements or audit fees, then the partner pay will be crappy or you are squeezing it out from somewhere? I think it is just the yellow bias that thinks that there are alot of jiakliaobee SM and partners, and hence the perception that it is easier to be partners in yellow. Or maybe yellow partners failed simple maths

Unregistered 07-02-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Seconded what poster above says. Don't only look at title. Banks have rampant title inflation until every tom dick and harry is an AVP but means jack ****.

Look at potential drawings and upside.

Have audit fees been generally increasing or decreasing over the years? What about profit margins for audit line in general? Have the number of clients and engagements drastically increased?

Where do you see the industry heading in the next 10 years? Do you envisage regulatory changes that will bring about a massive expansion in the sector?

What is the main area of revenue growth for the Big 4s globally , and to some extent also apply in Singapore. Audit, or consulting?

I think you will find that the answers to the above qns are quite obvious. Then think about whether being an audit partner in Big 4 is really a good deal or not.

Most important thing is whether u have faith in the growth or sustainment of the sector.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 11:22 PM

Back in my uni days, my prof was a big 4 former associate partner , he quit his job to join a tech firm doing audit bot - which potentially helps the junior auditors have better hours / but be ware at the same time, will just shrink the demand for auditors further + further fees cutting due to automated processes

Increasingly mid tiers are eyeing for big 4 clients too cos they can afford to cut price

Think abt that

Unregistered 07-02-2022 11:52 PM

Why everyone here talking like they earn more than big 4 partner. Damn funny sia hahaha

Unregistered 08-02-2022 12:41 AM

The New Equation: Pwc to promote 10 new partners annually for the next 5 years.

s://.pwc.com/sg/en/the-new-equation.html

Unregistered 08-02-2022 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201916)

Hahaahahahaha

Unregistered 08-02-2022 01:58 AM

Quote:

Ey definitely has the most partners. Overall most number of clients also

Unregistered 08-02-2022 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201916)

Brother this Friday the TOTO estimated 16m

Only cost you a dollar to have a chance

Unregistered 08-02-2022 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201926)
Ey definitely has the most partners. Overall most number of clients also

Not surprising. Their leadership only cares about short term profit and work employees to death to feed these jiakliaobee partners