Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-12-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263436)
Too low.

5.8-6 for Am mid tier

Midtier pay comparable to big4 after Am.

Dont short change

Thank you so much for your advice!

The HR person I spoke to mentioned to me that the pay progression was as such:
A1 - 3.2k
A2 - 3.8k
S1 - 4.5k
S2 - not disclosed

It did seem highly suspicious that between S1 and the AM role offered, the pay differential was only 700k.

I would like to re-negotiate with HR, but I believe I would need some concrete numbers to make a stronger case. Would there be any publicly available source that I could cite? The only external reference I found was Glassdoor, but it seems that the numbers there are very outdated.

Unregistered 19-12-2023 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263427)
I'm in funds buddy. We employ you accountants to crunch numbers while I attend industry talks (usually an excuse to get drunk) and wine and dine.

Occasionally, I'll throw the beancounters a bone by getting my cai young subordinates in tight bodycon dress to liaise with you guys.

Keep working away. We need to close by Friday

whats of the point of haolian-ing you can drink if no girls want you

Unregistered 19-12-2023 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263430)
Anyone knows what is the AM salary for Mid-Tiers? I got an offer of 5.2 per month from one of them, but I'm not sure if it's below market rate. Thank you!

Hi thats the range for AM in mid tier.. comparable to s2 in kp. 5.3k.

Unregistered 19-12-2023 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263442)
Thank you so much for your advice!

The HR person I spoke to mentioned to me that the pay progression was as such:
A1 - 3.2k
A2 - 3.8k
S1 - 4.5k
S2 - not disclosed

It did seem highly suspicious that between S1 and the AM role offered, the pay differential was only 700k.

I would like to re-negotiate with HR, but I believe I would need some concrete numbers to make a stronger case. Would there be any publicly available source that I could cite? The only external reference I found was Glassdoor, but it seems that the numbers there are very outdated.

AM in mid tiers is still like senior. U dont even manage your portfolio. Starting from M1 then u get ur portfolio, eg xxxK fee.

Unregistered 19-12-2023 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263446)
Hi thats the range for AM in mid tier.. comparable to s2 in kp. 5.3k.

Hi there, thank you so much for the advice.

Would you happen to know the salary range for Big 4 from A1 to SA1 levels?

The mid-tier that gave me the offer has a trajectory of:
A1 --> $3,200
A2 --> $3,800
SA1 --> $4,500

By comparing the salaries of the first three grades between this mid-tier and Big Four, I'm hoping that maybe it can help shed some insight on the reasonableness of their AM salary offers. Thank you!

Unregistered 19-12-2023 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263447)
AM in mid tiers is still like senior. U dont even manage your portfolio. Starting from M1 then u get ur portfolio, eg xxxK fee.

Hi there, thank you for your advice.

Based on what I have gathered here, in Big Four, SA2 earns about 5.3k and AM, about 6k.

Given that the mid-tier offers a starting salary of 3.2k for A1, which I believe is reasonably within the range of that being paid by Big Four, I would guess that the same would apply for the AM salary.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but the offer that I got was for Advisory / Internal Audit.

Unregistered 19-12-2023 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263408)
where's everyone who exited this year? how much pay bump did you get?

no pay bump, but the bonus is 2-3 months on average.

disappointed i didnt get even a 10% pay bump but oh well, at least the wlb is good and i don't have to deal with timesheets and follow ups nor think about work after hours anymore. decided to run because i've gotten health issues from all the stress and overworking, and just lost it when i saw how badly prepared we are for the next peak. just a few months out of audit and i've already lost my anxiety and insomnia.

just an advice, avoid companies with managers that ask 'can you speak chinese'

Unregistered 19-12-2023 10:48 PM

Seems like EY consulting side is recruiting. All those wanna join, if you see this message might wanna consider hard. Firm isn't doing well last year and was already made known. One department has "downsized" cause never clenched sales.... Come in at your own risk

Unregistered 19-12-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263408)
where's everyone who exited this year? how much pay bump did you get?

No pay bump either. Job market is really bad this year but I just cannot stand audit anymore and want to leave.

All the job posts the Big 4 is putting up is probably fake too. A few of us sent our applications to test waters and not a single one got an interview.

Unregistered 19-12-2023 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263457)
Seems like EY consulting side is recruiting. All those wanna join, if you see this message might wanna consider hard. Firm isn't doing well last year and was already made known. One department has "downsized" cause never clenched sales.... Come in at your own risk

downsize by PIP or severance? tech consulting?